Orphaned (Any) Fur's Orphaned Role-plays

Currently reading:
Orphaned (Any) Fur's Orphaned Role-plays

Furanda

Forgotten Flounder
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:46 AM
I've had several role-plays I was excited about fade out, and I'd like to give them another shot. I'd be looking to restart the role-play with someone new. They don't necessarily have to be romantic--whatever develops between characters can be organic. Any sexual scenes would be fade to black. While I tend toward writing female characters, I can also write males, though I can't promise a mxm pairing would be well-written by me. I'll separate the different story options by post. First:

There have always been clans with strange qualities to them. Most are inevitably discovered and taken advantage of. The Zerbaen, however, have escaped notice of the powers that be, the kingdoms and governments that have risen and fallen. They have slipped through the centuries unnoticed, stealing in and out of the lives of leaders as desired, yet no records exist of these interactions. History has never remembered the Zerbaen clan; they are the forgotten. Until now.

Many members of the Zerbaen clan carry the hereditary affliction that they call Angohie. The forgetting. Those who inherit Angohie experience it one of two ways: males simply carry it and are not affected by the symptoms of the trait, while the women who inherit it are forgotten by all who see them within a day, with the exception of those who have inherited Angohie.

The unthinkable happens. A member of the clan betrays their people, and everyone is either captured or on the run, thrust out into a world that has never remembered them. If curious, the entire thread is here.

The other character can be someone from the clan, or someone from outside the clan.

The walled, separated compound in Hieless held everything Letora considered dear. It served as her home and her community, and although Hieless held more outside the separated compound, Letora was somewhat content to stay within its bounds with food, shelter, and tasks that required her help provided. In there, others regarded her as familiar, as belonging. In there, she had family who held her dear. In there, she was not forgotten.

Letora sat on a crate in the shelter of shadows by the front gate, idly breaking down a twig she'd picked up on the way. She'd spent the morning in the dining hall helping cook for the afternoon meal, and just when she thought she'd be able to leave, Salence recruited her to scrub pots. Somehow, she'd still made it out in time for her meeting with Colton. Before he'd left on his last patrol, he'd promised that it would only be two weeks this time. He had left fourteen days before, and so she waited in the shade for her twin's return.

The twig occupied her fingers, but not her thoughts. This year's evaluations for patrol group entries were coming up, and she held high hopes for passing this time. Then she could see the world outside of Hieless with people who would retain her in their memories. She broke the last bit of twig and let it fall to the ground at her feet.

"What did that stick ever do to you, runt?" A shadow fell over her, and her gaze shot up at the familiar voice. She leapt to her feet and wrapped her arms around her twin brother for an enthusiastically returned embrace.

"Colton! How was your patrol? Are you hungry?" She leaned back to gaze at her brother, and it was like looking into a mirror for her face. The same green eyes gazed back at her with a twinkle, soft brown hair pulled back just as hers was. Although his skin had tanned a few shades darker, none could mistake them as anything other than twins.

"I'm starving. Let's go eat." Delighted smile on her face, Letora tucked her hands around her brother's arm and they headed to the dining hall. A few minutes later they sat at a table within the busy dining hall with a bowl of steaming soup in front of each of them. Salence, upon seeing Colton, had insisted that he take an extra portion after having spent weeks in the wilderness.

"Eat. I helped make it today, so it should be extra delicious." Colton grimaced in jest. She poked his nose in response, but her playfulness faded. "No sign of her?"

Colton shook his head. "No. It's like she vanished." They grew silent, and Letora found herself grateful for the quiet hum of conversation around them.

Two and a half weeks before, for the first time in generations, a member of the Zerbaen clan had vanished. No word, no letter, no approval for leave, just a morning in which one of the unafflicted had left in the night along with one of the village's precious horses. Patrols had tracked her to a certain point, and then all traces of her had disappeared. Leaving the village unapproved was forbidden, for it could compromise the secret of their existence. One was born here and one died here or on missions for the clan, and that was the way it always had been. That was how they had always stayed safe.

"I saw the council for a moment last night. They looked worried," Letora said. She stirred the remains of her soup for a long minute before glancing up at her brother. "The other Angohie are starting to get scared."

Her brother gazed back solemnly. "Me, too."

Back
Top Bottom