All Good Old Fashion Fantasy Fun!

Currently reading:
All Good Old Fashion Fantasy Fun!

PrincessTyche

Knight
Local time
Today 5:41 PM
Hello!! I suppose this is the next step to getting back into the writing game, so here it goes! If you read my introduction, there's some redundancy here!

I'm Tyche (pronounced Tie-Kee), and I'm getting back into the writing game after about a 5-year hiatus. I had written with occasional few-month breaks for nearly 13 years before my career drove me away. I am trying to step back into old hobbies I loved for much of my life. I am seeking someone willing to explore and take a chance with me!

I've always been a descriptive, more flowery writer. As someone who also dabbles in art, I enjoy the imagery and regularly integrate pictures within my posts to emphasize the scenery or fantasy creatures I describe. It's been a long time, but I'd be a 4-5 paragraph writer. Give or take a paragraph depending on inspiration or material to go on from my partner. I don't require vast amounts of lengthiness from my partner; I'm more concerned about the contributing quality and input.

My catch is my writing schedule. Full disclosure: I work 12-14-hour shifts 5-6 days a week. My -best- frequency would be 2-3 times a week. Though I'll do my best to avoid this, don't be surprised if I am a weekly poster. You'd have to be okay with that possibility. Just the same, you don't have to post very frequently with me either! I'm incredibly patient, so long as you're honest about your interest level and intention of posting.

Content-wise, I've written some very dark scenes and very light-hearted scenes. I don't mind if violence is a part of the story development. When it comes to sexual content, I lean towards the lines of suggestiveness. I enjoy writing about the temptations, physical urges, and sensations the character experiences thinking about intimacy with another. I also enjoy describing a character's emotions (especially if they fight them). Still, the graphic-detailed writing of sex, smut-like content if you will, is of less interest to me. Writing the foreplay is fine, but I prefer things to fade to black eventually. So...maybe R-rated but not X-rated.

I'm all about originality in stories and characters, so I don't do fandom writing. The same goes with my face-claims (I actually only just learned this term yesterday!). I use art-based representations only.

I love adventures with males and females, non-binaries, and group settings! Most of my plots develop as I/we write, especially with someone who can contribute with their own innovative ideas. I usually create a quest involving combat, romance, long journeys, and multiple twists with some epic boss or antagonist at some point. We world build from there.

Do I have pre-planned plots? Not really. I'm not used to setting out how the story goes before writing it. I prefer things just...develop, you know? So, instead, I will present you with some past characters I've used, a little about their prior stories, ambitions, and background, and see if you're interested in having a character of yours (new or old) interact with them to create something! Is that fair? I learned there is a character thread; I'm still deciding how many I want to place on the site. I'll include some potential plot points open to alternation or a complete makeover with the summaries below!

Arikara Brule: Arikara is a demonic shepherd of lesser demons called the Pariki. She lived in the ethereal realm, using elk-like beasts to hunt and devour spirits. Despite their appearance, the Pariki have the carnivorous mentality and appetite of wolves. They use the 'flesh' of souls to nurture their bodies. Arikara breeds and feeds them to enhance her own spiritual power. This was her life until Arikara was summoned into the corporeal realm one day via a powerful ritual. Historically, this can occur when someone seeks assistance in bounty hunting/cleansing vengeful spirits & possessions. However, when she arrives, she is in the home of a murdered family. There is evidence of a ritual and ruminants of a vengeful spirit -- but nothing else. Bound by the powerful magic to remain until she finds one strong enough to send her back or she fulfills her duty and destroys the spirit, she wanders into a world new and uncomfortable.

Potential Plot: Your character would find Arikara at some point after her arrival, and through circumstances we develop, set on an adventure together. The goal would be to discover the mystery behind the murdered family and vengeful spirit. The B story would be your character helping Arikara acclimate to this new world and avoid unwanted attention and panic.

Enigma Innata: This character results from an Incubi wandering into a Siren's forest and finding one asleep. Engima was born an alluring, seemly surreal creature of seduction, sin, and beauty. An enchantment flowed through her skin, hair, and voice, hooking any man who interacted with her. As if this wasn't enough, the siren's voice imprinted within her touch. Limited to the male species, when Enigma touches bare skin, she involuntarily sends a wave of addictive euphoria similar to a shot of heroin. This causes an intense high and pleasure correlated with the duration of her touch and the surface area. And like the drug, it can kill through overdose and torment with withdrawal. She would have been the perfect thorned rose if not for a single mutated feature. Empathy. Through a unicorn-like horn from her crown, she was cursed with powers of intense empathy. She was both the drug dealer and the drug, rising to power and riches fitting her taste, but in feeling the damage she did to those she manipulated, she now struggles between her instincts and her morality.

Potential Plot: In all my prior adventures with this character, one thing remains stagnant: she is drawn to men of power. Those leading armies, corporations, financial empires, or are just physical/arcane champions of their times; she seeks to manipulate them and gain their power herself. A potential plot is playing one of her targets or someone she needs to acquire her target. A possible twist would be that she comes to care for her mark due to her empathy, and the situation is much more complicated.

Lyra: This character is a pure, innocent nature sprite from an enchanted land of classic fantasy. The land is filled with wonderous creatures and magic: fairies, dragons, unicorns, and elves. You name it. And, of course, it is full of dangers as well. Lyra herself is a magical core to this realm. It is said she is the daughter or some piece of the goddess that created it, though this has yet to be proven. Lyra is blissfully unaware of her importance to the sustainability of this place. But her perceived importance is enough to inspire evil to attempt to capture or absorb her to obtain her hidden powers. When a threat is significant enough, the goddess plucks a hero from another realm to fight this great evil. She has done this three times, each threat seeming more dangerous than the last.

Potential Plot: I have done this type of adventure a few times now with this character. It's always a classic, fun, fantasy-action-packed one. Sometimes, it is romantic, depending on how the relationship develops and who else is introduced. This realm I created has societies of humanoid fantasy races but no humans. As the storyline grows, NPCs commonly become main or temporary travel companions. Your character would be the hero the goddess sends to this realm. You can play any NPCs you desire as well. We move on from there!

Katarina Love: This character is a shy, reserved 18-year-old runaway born into a power-hungry aristocratic family with cruel expectations of her. Through generations of power breeding, she evolved magical abilities attuned to defensive transmutations. She could alter her flesh into materials capable of withstanding great forces. She was promised to another family. They similarly bred a son, who evolved to be able to create explosive powers of the offensive type. The apparent goal was to expand their empire through this union. However, the son was cruel and abusive, raised to dominate and conquer everything per his mutated nature. This included his future bride. Katarina, on the other hand, was secluded from all temptations and groomed to be a submissive pure virgin for him. Through their priming and propering, she also became a shy and sweet pacifist, hating anything to do with violence and conquest. After learning their goals for her and meeting her cruel fiancé, she ran away. Robbed of his inheritance by her abandonment, he is actively hunting to force her hand in marriage. He seeks to obtain nobility and power while she seeks freedom.

Potential Plots: Katarina has encountered a few men on her journey thus far. They have small adventures and depart for different reasons. She is learning about the world and trying to gain the courage to live in it. She has a shyness and introvertedness that makes her both adorable and challenging. She's also fearful of her fiancé finding her. He has done so once so far, and it was a horrifying experience that left one of the men she met near death. Your character would be someone Katarina meets in her journey. Depending on how things go, he/she may be just another chapter in her tale or perhaps the one that helps her finally obtain her freedom.

Amelia Negalia: This is a darker character for a darker tale. Once upon a time, following the culture of Dante's Inferno, a great hellhound wolf-demon rose in power from devouring centuries of tormented souls within the Third Circle of Hell. The third circle is known for punishing gluttonous sinners, and being fueled with greed herself, the demon thrives there. One day, her power hunger became too ravenous, and Cerberus considered her a threat to his domain. It is suspected this was the reason for his banishing the demon. Others say Satan himself sent her as a plague and punishment. Either way, she was cast from the planes of Hell into a new corporeal realm, her body twisted and condensed into a blackened soul. Cerberus imprisoned this soul into that of a newborn female human child. Her name was Amelia. Fast forwarding time, Amelia's soul was kind and good, tormenting and subduing the demon's power. But perhaps Cerebus underestimated its gluttony.

With time, Amelia grew frail and weak, her body a prison to something she never understood. However, she had learned of its existence by the time she reached adulthood. A lot of violence and death surrounds her story as the demon slowly grows more robust to consume her purity and good. Its ravenous hunger for souls eventually integrated so deeply that it became a vampiric curse for Amelia. Food and water could no longer nourish her. She was starving and in pain. In moments of severe dilapidation and famine, the demon temporarily breaks free of its prison. It releases in a mist of black from her body, ripping out and consuming the souls or any it touches. This, in turn, grants Amelia a rejuvenation adorned with sickening pleasure--but also death all around her. But with her strength revived and her stubborn desire to be good reinforced, she manages to re-encompass the demon before the damage is too vast. Once more, she starves herself until it happens again. She hopes her life will eventually end from starvation. Amelia unfortunately finds herself slowly slipping closer into evil with this cycle continuing. The demon is winning.

Potential Plot: Interacting with this character makes for a darker ride. Expect a lot of darker themes with this character: violence, self-hatred, mutilation, and if sex is involved, it's far from love-making. The Plot could go many ways: a good character trying to help her seek a way to purify and destroy the demon intertwined with her soul or an evil character feeding it to release the monster. I've done both, and it always leads to exciting places.

Cheerie Pidal Blossom: Cheerie is a 25-year-old law enforcement intern specializing in interrogation and forensics. The original thought was a magical law enforcement unit focused on investigating and prosecuting supernatural crimes like a CSI case. She lives in a city that specializes in magical technology. Cheerie has earmuff headphones that seem to grant her abilities: she is attuned to lies, picks up "songs of memories," and can sense emotional rhythms in conversation as a form of empathy. It has been questioned whether she is telepathic as well. She also has tech glasses for facial profiling and storing criminal profiles and other data. Her personality and behavior are very odd and awkward, something you'll discover in your interactions with her.

Potential Plot: Let's solve a magical crime together! Your character can be a newly assigned partner, the family member of a victim/ the victim of the crime, a reporter, or anything you want that interacts with this character to solve a mystery. Even the villain. Who knows what they'll discover? Perhaps a drug lord with a new item on the streets, an underground criminal organization, traffickers, slave trade, assassinations, or something scandalous that extends deeper into the city politics and bigwigs.

Well...that's all! I have more characters, but this is enough for now 😅. If someone starts a story with one of them, I'll post their character sheet. Anyone who is interested can PM me or reply here directly! I hope this wasn't too long-winded of a request. Thank you for reading this far! Look forward to writing with you!

Back
Top Bottom