Avarice West

High Priest of Shenanigans
Dungeon Master
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:25 AM
Pronouns
he/him, they/them
It's an idea still in development, so I wanted to find out if there's interest before putting a lot of time into developing it.

I'm thinking about putting together a story or world based around the Major Arcana of the Tarot.

There's a couple different ways it could go... high fantasy, low fantasy or dreamscape. Superheroes with powers based on the Arcana?

Like I said it's an early idea and not entirely original. It's been used in Persona 5 (video game) and a popular dating sim/choose your own adventure game, but I'm looking to create a unique storyline rather than a fanfic.

I've read tarot since I was in high school, and I'm not young, so I've got a lot knowledge to draw from personally.

It might be fun for individuals who are already familiar with The Tarot or anyone interested in learning about it.

There are 22 characters/events, but not all of those need to appear in story. I've put a list below and there are loads of online resources if you want to learn more.

Fool
Magician
High Priestess
Empress
Emperor
Heirophant
Lovers
Chariot
Strength
Hermit
Wheel of Fortune
Justice
Hanged Man
Death
Temperance
The Devil
The Tower
The Moon
The Star
The Sun
Judgement
The World

I'd be down. Also a tarot reader, so could be fun.

Hm. Something dark and archetypal like the Devil or Death might strike my fancy.

I've had a lot of interest so far and I'm very excited.

I'm closing the thread to more players for now but if players drop out I'm willing to open back up again.

If you're interested feel free to send me a PM. I can't guarantee you a spot but I will give you priority before opening the thread up to everyone again.

Back
Top Bottom