MxM Half Demon King x Stoic Enemy General (Closed)

Currently reading:
MxM Half Demon King x Stoic Enemy General (Closed)

Local time
Today 2:40 AM
Pronouns
He/him
Hello and welcome to a plot that won't stop haunting me.

Though I had an initial idea for this I typed up and posted, I decided to update this for clarity, detail, and formatting, since I've just learned to use accordion menus. There's more I've added and it's definitely a lot more refined than before.

Although I do have a separate more general posting on the role-play search thread (All - A Little Bit of Magic? (Open, Fantasy + Romance Focus) (NEW PLOTS 8/6)), this plot was getting a bit too unwieldy and specific to really fit in the general plot categories and I thought I could do it better justice in the format of its own separate post. Though I did also include there to hopefully attract more people. I have a craving for something very particular largely based on a character who's been bouncing around my head I draw sometimes, and a fantasy world I've been playing in lately of my own making, which has a few established countries/species yet plenty of room to collaborate and grow. Technology level is somewhat past medieval because of magic and the social systems are a little different, but no guns yet.

The plot is a sort of enemies to reluctant allies to lovers, in which MC (Character A) is a half-demon mainly known for his promiscuity in the public eye who became king of the fast-growing small kingdom of Xatria after having fled his birth kingdom many years before. YC (Character B) is the skilled general of a much larger bordering kingdom of Asgloria, which invades A's kingdom at the order of his king, King Marcus, a tyrant whose constant wars are a drain on kingdom resources. Neither A nor B are trusting people, but when A manages to kill B's tyrannical king, they make a deal to work together. A wants to protect Xatria, and B wants to keep Asgloria together without civil war, so he agrees to support A's rule despite his foreign status and half-demon nature, if somewhat reluctantly.

Along the way the two learn to trust one another and become more genuine partners, in the process strengthening both kingdoms – now ruled by the same king, A. Asgloria has a strong military culture and he has near complete control over the military, meaning he could also theoretically start out wanting to kill A later down the line and make the deal thinking it's temporary. In either case, although traditionally kings would lead, the military would be powerful enough to challenge the monarchy if necessary. Each character would be relatively equally matched. Not in all skills, but certainly overall.

The general character (B) would not be expected to be a loyal doormat or anything just because he's a military officer and A is king. B would be quite powerful as general in this culture, and in any case, I think it's much more fun to have a more two-sided dynamic. Rather the two characters should bounce off each other, and each have their own goals and ways of going about things, with loyalty and trust slowly being earned on both sides.

Emphasis would be on themes of power, duty, service, trust and vulnerability, cultural differences, image vs. reality, strength and weakness, mutual improvement, and healing from the past.

Some things I might want to include: mutual defrosting, dealing with snotty nobles, fancy private dinners on state business, balls, fantasy politics and culture, cultural differences & culture shocks, witty banter, political allies/reluctant allies, recovery/aftermath of war and political change. Not against political marriage, either.

This is a long term role-play that I'd very much like to see reach an eventual happy ending. Even if replies are slow I'd like someone in for the long haul. However, I would prefer 800+ word replies at least once a week.

Important Notes (Read First)
  • While A has a lot of sex due to his lifestyle, that wouldn't mean A and B would have to have sex right away. A very slow burn is most definitely possible with the characters, but be warned there would be a lot of sexual themes in the story and once he caught feelings A would definitely want to express them sexually because of what he's experience works keeping men close him (which is largely offering them sex). Once the characters are in a relationship, the difference between the transactional sex A experienced before and sex with emotions involved and someone who actually cares about him would be something I'd like to explore in story. Of course B will never harassed into sex, and we can discuss any boundaries you have beforehand.

• Something relevant to Character A and the story's more explicit side is that I've always drawn Character A with curves and a more feminine body shape, and this slowly came to develop into me realizing he's intersex. He was raised as a man and identifies as such, but he'd certainly have a more complicated relationship with gender than your average cis man. It would function a bit differently from real life conditions, just because potential fertility issues would change the plot a great deal and many real life intersex conditions either wouldn't be outwardly visible or might not be fully recognizable by others. A is also half-demon, so I felt comfortable taking some creative liberties. What ended up happening is that A's condition manifests as having both a fully functional penis and a fully functional vagina, which would almost certainly affect the plot and any intimate moments. I'm strongly attached to this idea, particularly as Character A comes from a culture that wouldn't accept him if they knew he wasn't an 'ordinary' man, and has hidden it his whole life, including from men he's had sex with. Vulnerability being a strong theme of the plot idea so far, I am also attached to the idea of him eventually feeling comfortable enough to be intimate with Character B using his vagina. I totally understand if that's not your cup of tea, especially in a role play that would have some explicit scenes in it. Another important note is despite the strong role of sex, this is not just smut with a bit of framing. The smut exists as a result of the character in play and the themes in exploration, which will include the negative effects of sexual objectification on A as a person who is seen culturally as very sexual with few limitations. I would like to role-play with someone who's as interested in the plot and character side of things as the smut, if not even more.

• Another note on sexual content that I picture A as a switch who begins the role-play pretty much exclusively topping and acting as the dominant party in his usual affairs, partly because he enjoys it but also out of fear of vulnerability. Getting past this fear would likely involve allowing himself to explore his more submissive side at times. I understand there is often a preference for playing characters who prefer to bottom and/or submissives, but a permabottom would not work for this plotline. A character with a preference for topping or dominating might, but I think A would very much appreciate the variety and mutual trust involved in a relationship with a fellow switch and that might work best for the plot.

• There is some flexibility with the general's personality, but someone serious and outwardly stoic at most times is highly preferred. Wry humor and witty banter are very much welcomed, though.

• Character B's culture may not be accepting of demons, and might also look down on A for being openly queer (and secretly intersex). I do not mind if B says some ignorant things or hurtful things, but I don't really think it'd be too fun to role-play against a character that's a virulent and devoted bigot. Even if they reform later, I think at a certain point a romance wouldn't make sense any longer. So if it's an element you want to include, do so in moderation and with nuance.

• The character I have in my mind for A isn't fully established per say (he's not attached to other universes/plots/stories), but I've been drawing him and making character idea notes for quite a while and he's one of those characters with a very strong presence in my head. My idea of him will naturally change when I work on the details of this with someone else, but be aware I wouldn't be starting from square one. The plot, though, is much more flexible. My main desire is just to have MC kill a tyrant and YC as the general of that tyrant reluctantly ally, with the exact level of reluctance/hatred of YC being up to you so long as they eventually come to care for one another and act in a sort of partnership.

• A would probably have some particular sexual boundaries given his past that I don't necessarily have as a role-player, but which would then become uncomfortable for me to role-play as a result of the character's discomfort because of the potential dub-con involved (a limit I do actually have). Mainly just I don't think he'd be comfortable being tied up, shoved/pinned without prior notice, spanked, or threatened with punishment. However, I'm not against these things being suggested by other characters during the role-play. I don't mind role-playing characters getting potentially panicky about things during or just before sex and having things stop because of that though, as I think it can make for interesting character moments.

World Ideas
In the world of Aalia, humans and demons live beside one another, mostly divided into separate human and demon kingdoms due to historical animosity between the two. I'm more into magical creature type demons that embody different aspects of nature than 'from hell' type demons as that's a bit more limited. Some humans also have magic, which comes from being born near strong magical sources but most don't and it's very region specific what type of magic it is. Demons are formed of the magic itself, having achieved sentience over many centuries and formed their own bodies, often imitating human forms due to living in proximity to them.

Asgloria

B's kingdom, is historically hostile to demons, especially the warlike Ignis kingdom fire demons who have constantly burned down their villages over the years. However, few have the knowledge not to conflate Ignis fire demons with other species and kingdoms of demons, as human knowledge of demons isn't very good. Asgloria is incredibly traditional and staid, bound up in ideals of duty and honor, particularly on the battlefield. For generations they've become embroiled in wars with the neighboring Ignis kingdom on and off, but were only occasionally in conflict with their human neighbors.

That changed when King Marcus took the throne, a tyrant with delusions of grandeur and an expansionist streak. Slowly Asgloria has conquered more and more of its neighbors, draining its resources and resulting in widespread upheaval and suffering in the kingdom. Despite that, however, it still maintains a strong army and a high status amidst other large kingdoms on the western side of the continent.

Demons

There are four types of demons: primordial demons, energy demons, elemental demons, and beast demons. Primordial demons are the first demons which became sentient, and are very powerful and ancient beings, but few survive in the current age. Energy demons are any type of demon that survives off of magical energy of some kind, often from magical sources – this includes fire demons, shadow demons, and incubi/succubi. Elemental demons often overlap with energy demons, but the main difference is they can generally feed off only the element they control, examples being ice demons, water demons, and soil demons. Beast demons are demons with animalistic qualities, such as panther demons, whose magic enhances their bodies and allows them to control select territory but is not as universal as other types of magic.

A's demon side would be shadow demon. Along with being an energy demon species, they are a reclusive species of demon originally from the country of Demet, across the continent from where Xatria and Asgloria are. Shadow demons have had their population decimated by the last war they were in one hundred years or so ago, as well as humans killing them for their magic – particularly the shadow venom they produce, which is extremely poisonous in liquid form and hardens into an incredibly flexible and material good for making weapons and armor. After that war, shadow demons became more reclusive, preferring to keep to themselves. Though the current ruler, Queen Rena, has allowed diplomatic visits from human kingdoms in recent years.

Their culture is very open about their bodies and magic, viewing sex as another fact of life, something often mistaken for hedonism by human cultures. They are service-oriented and magically knowledgeable people, always looking for ways to better work their magic, and often quietly working in the background despite their high level of power.

Their humanoid forms tend to have porcelain skin and inky black and eyes, dyed that way by their magic. Their demon forms are a pitch black cloud of formless shadows, swirling and writhing in on itself, swimming with millions of ruby red eyes.

Enderes

The country that A fled from is on the eastern side of the continent. Enderes is a wealthy and militarily mighty country ruled by A's human father, King Medeo. It is traditional, but in much more of a hierarchical and elitist way, with a lot of corruption and double standards. Enderans are also rather obsessed with strength and self-improvement, even to a somewhat unhealthy degree.

Though Enderes has been mostly peaceful as of late, lacking any desire for expansion in its current ruler, there is the feeling they always could, with their strong army and tendency to throw their weight around. Due to their wealth and their frequent showing off, Enderans are viewed as pretentious show-offs who can nonetheless be threats if encroached on.

Character Ideas
I've been drawing this character who's half shadow demon and exploring shadow magic in some writing and character concepts, mostly drawings and some notes. I like morally neutral demons who are just kind of powerful enough that their bad people can do a lot more damage a lot faster. I also like the idea of sort of this image of demons as power hungry, violent, and sex-obssessed, but it being sort of conflating different demonic species and leaders together. I started to get ideas about a world in which demons have this image, but their cultures and people are actually just as complex as humans'. Navigating that feels like an extremely interesting prospect, especially the way it could play into other themes. Loneliness is a great character and plot concept to explore, especially the sort of 'surrounded by people but still alone' sort of loneliness.

A (Full Character Sheet Now Available Upon Request):

Character A is a king who was once the seventh prince of a wealthy and powerful country called Enderes. Known mainly for his exploits with men in the public eye and for the ill-fated relationship between a human king and a demon princess that created him. It seemed he was destined for life as a spare heir wiling away his days with other men and filling in whatever royal duties his brothers couldn't, living at his father's beck and call. Character A came to visit on a diplomatic mission to a country called Xatria across the continent when he was just twenty two, as his father hoped to leverage his charm into diplomatic gains.

The tyrant king of Xatria, Darian, tried to kill Character A, for refusing to lend Enderes resources to help him oppress his people. He thought he'd be executing a minor prince from far enough away there was little chance he'd face consequences. Using magic he'd trained to wield since birth, Character A was able to successfully defend himself from Darian and his guards, the struggle ending in Darian's death. Xatria has a tradition of granting the throne to those who are able to kill the king, and many in Xatria were grateful to be freed from his rule. Unhappy in Enderes, Character A decided to accept the position of King of Xatria. For six years, Character A has made a surprisingly good king despite his previous reputation as a promiscuous princeling. He's charismatic yet ruthless, slowly bringing Xatria more wealth and prosperity, though Xatria had remained a small border state.

A has a sharp mind alongside his charisma and beauty, and his every move is much more calculated than it appears. Extremely untrusting, he lets few close, despite how well-liked A has become among Xatrians. He uses sex to cope with the loneliness and the stressors of being king, using it as brief physical relief and/or a way to feel wanted outside of simply being king. Reserved and actually rather prickly when he's not turning on the charm, A can be found training in magic and swordwork when he's not fulfilling his duties as king or taking another man from one of the city's bars into bed. He's never had an actual romantic relationship, knowing a great deal about sex but not having experienced much in the way of romance, partly because that's what humans expect of him as a half demon and partly because he feels his life hasn't left much room for it.

Still, he's sharp tongued and witty, with a much softer and more teasing side for those he's close to. A has a soft spot for anyone who protects and serves others, and especially those who are loyal and considerate.

B:

I prefer to leave character building to my partner to the extent possible, especially in a plot like this with some bits of worldbuilding involved. As said above, though, a stoic and dutiful general (at least outwardly) works best for this.

As for why a general, someone equally dedicated to their country but less politically involved, yet still part of the government provides an interesting contrast. I adore creating fictional organizations of any type, including militaries, and reading other's takes on them too. Military general just felt right to me for this role, as someone high-ranking and powerful enough to challenge/rival a king (they literally control the army) but also someone who's similarly enmeshed in duty and with a drive to serve – if not to serve A than definitely Asgloria.

Detailed Plot Ideas/Possibilities
The prosperity of Xatria captures the attention of King Marcus, an expansionist tyrant whom B serves as a general. In the years since inheriting the throne, Character B's king has brought the kingdom into countless wars, pursuing power and glory over his people's well being. He's also arrogant and cruel, and quite unappreciative of those who serve him. Whether truly loyal or not, Character B stays in his position, whether out of duty, love for his country, care for his soldiers, or some reason known only to him. King Marcus begins a war against Xatria, wanting its land and resources.

Though Character A tries his best to defend himself and his kingdom, Xatria is much smaller than Character B's kingdom, so it's quite an uphill battle. Not to mention that Character A's demon half is shadow demon, a being of darkness with certain weaknesses to the magic of light and fire. Character B is ordered by his king to pursue and capture Character A alive, which he manages, possibly by using this weakness. King Marcus wants to end the war, but he also wants to exploit A's magic, and possibly use him as hostage to sell off to Enderes for a large sum of money given Asgloria's financial struggles.

A could potentially win against the odds, kill Marcus, and become king of Asgloria. But he could also lose and be captured.

Dragged back to the kingdom that had attacked him and greeted by his captor Character B, Character A is of course unhappy. But he's also scheming and not all demonic abilities are readily known. He figures if he can do one thing before he either gets executed or rots away in a cell, it's kill King Marcus.

For the plot I had in mind, A does eventually manage this somehow. There are two distinct possibilities I have in mind, but I also am open to suggestions!

One of possibilities is that Character B's king orders a meeting with Character A, wanting to meet the half-demon king in person, underestimating A and thinking him beaten. In this possibility, Character A would manage to use his magic to kill King Marcus by magically summoning claws to the tips of his fingers, similar to a cat retracting and unretracting their claws, acting alone to do the deed at first.

The other possibility is similar but differs in that B makes a deal to help A overthrow his king from the beginning, wanting an alternative to King Marcus or hoping to help his people.

In either case, even A would struggle to fight off all of the king's guards, let alone potentially all of Asgloria for ending King Marcus's life. Yet as he tries anyway, he finds himself surprised that Character B didn't intervene on behalf of his king. So Character A calls for a truce and makes a deal with Character B: no more bloodshed between their countries, and no more tyranny in Character B's kingdom either. Character A offers to become a good, loyal king of Character B's kingdom, since they're now short one, and in return Character A will make Character B his right hand man and a sort of partner in rule, a deal made only out of practicality. Character B agrees, whether out of pragmatism or some other reason.

In any case, Asgloria kingdom is a staid and traditional place, so it will be an uphill battle to keep Character A in power and get him accepted, and Character B will have to deal with the legacy of the now-dead tyrant he once served. All the while both of them have to deal with the fact neither of them quite trust each other yet, and come from very different cultures.

I very much welcome any suggestions or questions, and my DMS are always open. Please DM me if interested. I am open to changing some details, especially around B and their kingdom. I simply want someone who's as enthusiastic about this idea as I am. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom