All Help Wanted - Historical Fantasy Fun

Snek King

The King of Serpents
Local time
Today 1:41 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey there,
I have recently been working on a medieval dark fantasy setting for my DND groups and I would be down to write some stories inspired by actual historical events within

Who are you, how long have you been writing and what kind of things do you like to write?
I have been writing for about five to six years now while being a forever dm for about five years now. I love to write things that are somewhat fantastical be it urban fantasy or full blown high fantasy. History is my second and equally great passion. I love to use historical context and background in most stories I do even if just for inspiration.

How long do your replies tend to be and what is your writing schedule like?
So for my replies I am gonna try and match my partner as I always try to play off what I have been given but around three hundred words. I cannot really give an amount of paragraphs, I just orient myself better along word count.

Replies will probably suffer a little bit as I am working a full job and doing uni on the side. My dream would be to respond every evening after work but realistically I am trying for once to twice a week. Sorry in advance sometimes I fall off the map in my stress so just shoot me a message and I will get back as soon as possible.

What is your tolerance level for gore? Violence?
I don't mind gore. I think nerves are pretty numbed in that regard but just shoot me whatever gruesome thing you want and I probably say yes.

Do you write sexual content? If so, what are your kinks? Limits?
Smut in moderation but if the story calls for it of course. Disclaimer: Pretty new to detailed smut cause I used to do fade to black. If you are willing to be patient with me then it's no problem though I hope.
Except for the hard-no's like scat and SA I don't really have a kink list or anything. Just ask about it and we'll see.

Do you write any fandoms? (Please bear in mind that any characters under 18 and any high school settings must be aged up)
No fandoms sadly. Not really into that sort of thing. Sorry

Do you have any pairing or setting ideas?
Time for the meaty stuff. I do have a setting idea prepared. It's a rough fantasy conversion of the 8th to 9th centuries AD Mediterranean and northern Europe and some Central Asian and Far Eastern stuff. So basically Medieval Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and the Silk Road all the way to Imperial China. I already started working on this and it's more dark fantasy so not so happy go lucky.

Some pairing ideas:
Mortal x Vampire: Vampires have their own culture and often involve themselves in the machinations of mortals. One day one of these manipulators gets their heart manipulated.
Humanoid x Werewolf: Werewolves both good and evil stalk the forests of the northern continent. One of them finds a humanoid (human, elf or smith) and their feelings are suddenly the prey.
Crusader x Dragonborn/Caliphate soldier: In the east the draconic Mharoti Caliphate presses against the borders of the Eastern Aldarin Empire and the Basileus calls for aid to the Western kings. The resulting Crusades pull two souls into a curious story.

That's all I have for now but everything can be made into a plot so if you have other ideas or anything please just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom