Unspecified Here We Go

whiskeypapa

legally dead
Local time
Today 3:18 PM
Pronouns
he/him
mY bOdY iS rEaDy (for fun)

Alright! So. Before I begin with the sharing of ideas, let's get the ground rules out of the way. Like I said in my intro post, I write paragraph-style and appreciate lengthy responses because Details™. To go into a little bite more depth on all that though:

-3rd person paragraph-style

1st person limits how well I can describe the world our characters are walking around in, and since I'm all about details, it doesn't work very well with my writing style. I'm all about stating what the character's actually thinking, but I can't do it purely from their perspective.

-2-4 paragraph long replies

I'm less picky about this one. You can do shorter than this, you can do longer than this (in which case i'll definitely try to match you). But typically, this is how long I'll do once we get things rolling. All I ask is no one-liners.

-Grammar

Typos are fine every now and again. Everyone makes mistakes, but make sure I can understand what you send me, otherwise we're not gonna get very far.

-Romance yes, but no smut please

Romance is awesome, and if our characters have that type of chemistry, that's amazing. I'm 100% willing to have little romantic side-stories running along the main story. But no smut. It's uncomfy. Especially when writing it with people I barely know.

As far as how consistent I'm looking for responses to be, once a day would be nice. Life gets in the way more times than not, which is totally fine. If I can't reply or need to pause for a little while, I'll tell you, so I only expect the same in return.

And since this is already getting super long and I don't wanna lose most of you before we get to the good stuff, PM me with questions on what I'm willing to do subject matter wise. I'm pretty open to most things since real life is a wild and diverse place, but if you're unsure after reading this, don't be afraid to ask me.

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk shop.

Right now, I only have one character who's for a fantasy setting:

http://writerssanctum.com/threads/character-dump.11980/#post-261705

Obviously I'll update this if/when I make more, but for now that's what I've got. He'll be my go-to for fantasy RPs, but I'm down with scrapping pre-made characters/worlds and creating something all our own in OOC conversations :)

Here are the idea(s) i have bouncing in my head right now though:

MC (Xerxes) has been ordered to eliminate a certain person who possesses a certain amulet. For many years, he roamed through the shadows of countless towns and cities in search of this mysterious person, his icy presence chilling their residents to the bone. It was in the fifth year as he wandered down a lonely wooded path that he prepared to face the consequences of returning empty handed, the scar tissue of his brand searing with the memory of his last failure.

His ears picked up the sound of a commotion coming from not far before him, and he ducked into the thick overgrown plants lining his route. Cautiously, he moved onward, taking care to step around the thin twigs that would so maliciously give away his location... until he finally was close enough to peek through the brush at the scene.

A monster of a man had a colossal hand tightly wrapped in the fabric of YC's shirt front, slamming them repeatedly into a tree as their legs kicked uselessly below them.

Having seen similar situations before, Xerxes prepared to leave, preferring another brand to having his spine crushed. But he froze as the beast let out a bellowing roar.

"WHERE IS IT? WHERE'S MY AMULET, YOU THIEVING MONGREL?!"

After all this time, Fate had planted his target before him. Complete with their own death. He should have been thrilled to have the tail-end of his quest end so easily... but still. Even as the fiery amulet bounced from their shirt into his line of sight, he found himself frowning. Perhaps it was the kinder part of himself that had still managed to survive after all these years, or maybe it was pity. Regardless, his decision remained the same as he drew his daggers.

He was going to stop this. For better or worse.

So that's one idea. It's a little rough and needs to have some more world building done to it, but I'm definitely interested in exploring the possibilities of it with someone. Your character can be any gender you like. It doesn't matter to me.

I don't have any others currently, but as I said before, I'm open to creating completely new things.

So yeah! That was a lot of info thrown at you guys at once. Feel free to PM me or even comment on here if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom