High Fantasy D&D Style Role Play!

Currently reading:
High Fantasy D&D Style Role Play!

Local time
Today 3:25 AM
Hello, all! First time posting here, so be gentle. I'm looking to run a dungeons and dragons style campaign, but without the dice rolling. I'd need 3 to 4 players, and would expect a consistent post schedule of about 3 to 4 posts a week (if not, more).

All the mechanics will just be to give us loose ideas of your character's abilities, such as ability scores and class features. The only thing we'll be keeping hard track of are your spell slots (mana, for those unacquainted) and your prepared spells.

A little knowledge of how dnd works is preferred, as I will be using most of their base classes, races, and spells. But a lot of the mechanics will take a back seat to role play, so don't be discouraged! We can discuss what interests you and get to a race and class combo you like and that makes sense.

Our story will revolve around a missing map that leads to powerful artifacts hidden deep within the mountains. If it gets into the wrong hands, it could have disastrous consequences. Will you heed my call to adventure, heroes?

What edition are you looking to emulate, Onward_and_Upward? For D&D vets it matters a fair bit in terms of understood character abilities. A Basic D&D Wizard is a far cry from a 5E Wizard, for example.

What edition are you looking to emulate, Onward_and_Upward? For D&D vets it matters a fair bit in terms of understood character abilities. A Basic D&D Wizard is a far cry from a 5E Wizard, for example.

Fifth edition! My fault. But like I said regardless of what you're familiar with it wont be very mechanical

I suspected that was your plan, just wanted to clarify.

Further questions.

1. What level? Doesn't really matter for Fighters and Rogues as much in a narrative game, but since you're tracking spells, the casters will want to know.
2. Any setting notes for players to be aware of? It'd be a shame for one player to create an Eberron based Warforged mercenary and someone else create a haunted Ravenloft veteran if those concepts don't gel with yours.

Hi everyone wow quite a response! :) we'll be starting at level 1 and gradually making our way to level 5 by the end of the adventure. The setting will be the Sword Coast, and our story will take place centered around Phandalin, for those familiar. With that being said, I would prefer to stick to the PHB as far as classes and races go, just to keep it simple. And yes, we will certainly accept newbies! You can PM and I'll help with character creation.

I haven't totally worked out all the kinks with how the game flow will actually work, but we'll definitely have a set posting order when it comes to combat. A note on character back stories, everyone will be from or have deep ties to Phandalin. It is a blue collar mining town down on its' luck the last decade. Most people are either tradesmen, farmers, or miners. If you wanted to be a more learned character, you will probably have spent time in Neverwinter, so just keep that in mind.

I won't close the game to new players until I have 4 definite yes's.

So, I believe that's 2 "probably"s for now! We have a cleric and a sorcerer lined up! Would love to see some martial class applications!

Just giving this a little update bump! I have a cleric, sorceress, and barbarian in the mix! We may need one more character, so if you're interested, gimme a holler!

Hey! Big 5e fan here and I would love to play a ranger or warrior in your group if you still have room.

Back
Top Bottom