Challenge Submission I WANT MORE.

pastelwritings

professional gremlin !
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Tomorrow 3:56 AM
Pronouns
they / them
in a world as amazing as this one and yet, takana jinshi had the most mundane job one could ever imagine. he was a newly hired doctor in a plain, old hospital. a far cry from what he had always pictured himself doing. every step he had taken was to impress his parents ; studying medicine, doing his internship. sadly, his parents passed away in a tragic car crash and jinshi had lost all motivation to keep going, despite their relationship having never been the best. despite all that, he was no loser. he had pushed himself to complete that internship and get a proper job in the field. he was unaware of this, but due to his snobbish attitude and lack of team spirit, all his colleagues and higher ups had given bad reviews about him. they all thought he was nothing more than a rich brat, who had gotten to where he was because of his parents' money. thus, when his results arrived and he saw them, he was left speechless. he hadn't been accepted by any big hospital. only a rundown one in a " bad " part of the city. definitely a far cry from the greatness he had imagined. he wanted to quit right then and there. but he knew that would ruin his reputation.

thus, when his first day arrived, he rode one of his motorbikes to that part of town and parked in the rundown parking lot. thankfully, there was a security guard outside. a big and burly man, who looked at jinshi with interest. " you're the newbie, i take it ? " he called out with a grin. jinshi turned to look, evidently unimpressed. he was wearing regular clothes, seeing as his favourite kimonos were a hassle to drive with and he couldn't possibly go around treating patients with one. " what of it ? " he asked, his voice flat and emotionless. the guard was taken aback by his lack of enthusiasm and obviously snobbish attitude. but he was a good natured giant, so he chuckled aloud. that only pissed jinshi off further. it was a bad day as it was. he didn't need to monkey around with a common guard too. nevertheless, the man approached and offered his hand. " name's shiro. written like white. what should i call you, rookie ? " he asked, pleasantly. jinshi exhaled. this man didn't get the hint, hm ? he looked at that large, calloused hand and wrinkled his nose, gripping the strap of his backpack tighter and refusing to do a handshake. " tanaka jinshi. tanaka - sama to you. " he spoke and brushed past the guard, who turned and looked at jinshi's back. what a prissy man, he thought.

jinshi took the old elevator and ascended to the ground floor, seeing as the parking lot was underground. there, he was greeted by a young woman. she was clearly not human. her pointy ears were features unique to elves. a race that had come out of the woods several years back. before that, humans and elves were basically enemies, for humans stole their women and made them their wives. it was cruel, indeed. even jinshi grimaced, hearing the daily news. the young woman looked up at him with a smile. " you must be tanaka - san. our superiors told us you have quite the unique appearance and now i see why. " she praised, which caused jinshi's irritation to melt away, somewhat. " right. that's me. " he nodded. the building was old and rundown, like the parking lot. the walls were stained and mouldy in some areas. the pinkette grimaced at what he was seeing. but he couldn't quit. oh, no. he wouldn't be a sore loser. he would work here, until he could find a better job.

he looked back at the elven woman. " welcome to the staff, tanaka - san. " she said, handing him a white robe and pointing him to the closest break room for the staff. that was . . . relatively clean, compared to the rest of this establishment. jinshi put on his robe, special shoes and grabbed his phone, putting it in his pocket. he saw plenty of patients that day. most of them poor, elderly people who had no money and nobody to look after them. nothing of much importance happened during the entire morning, for serious cases were always taken to better equipped hospitals. jinshi was supposed to meet some doctor yushi to show him around, but said doctor never arrived. thus, jinshi took it upon himself to learn the departments and answer any questions or see any patient he was given.

by the time it was time for his lunch break, he was exhausted. he returned to the staff room and collapsed on an old sofa, sighing. finally, a couple of other doctors joined him, asking questions and admiring his long, pastel locks. jinshi simply let them. it wasn't the first time someone became infatuated with his appearance, after all. " say, rookie. where are you from ? " asked an older doctor with glasses. " name's jinshi. i was born and raised in yokohama. but i've been living in tokyo since i turned eighteen. " the men chuckled and continued their onslaught of questions, giving jinshi no choice but to answer each of them. in the end, he simply excused himself, pretending he wanted to smoke. such excuse would come back to bite him in the ass, but he didn't care. all he had to do was see a few more patients, then go home for the day.

he was relieved, when he hopped on his motorbike and left the rundown parking lot for his home.

how tiring . . .​

Back
Top Bottom