Character(s) Icarus's Wax Wings

Currently reading:
Character(s) Icarus's Wax Wings

transicarus

Baron
Local time
Today 12:21 PM
Alright. Let's dig into some characters. I can provide faceclaim photos on request, but I wish to stick with simple blurbs to describe some of the characters I've held onto for a long time. So without further ado, lemme talk about some fellas.

Well. Hold on.

Some things to note: I have some characters almost entirely crafted with a world in mind. Some of them have completely original realms. When I go on to describe their backstory, know there are at least four ways I've adapted their storylines in... any number of ways. Sci-Fi, Horror, a different era altogether? I have ideas but these ideas are adaptable. The characters are two, but it's not like their whole personality is a 180 shift away from who I'm playing. Circumstances change and they might be more grounded, or more neurotic. These are characters who are flexible in roleplay, dependent on plot and whatever else may catch my eye.

I play a variety of characters. Ranging in various sexualities, personalities, and gender identities. I play trans characters. If we are to commune and craft a beautiful world egg together, be comfortable with that. Perhaps it is ignoramus of me to ask that, but we can all do research. It ain't gonna kill ya. (Disclaimer though: I'm fine with answering questions! A curious mind isn't the problem.)

I'm mostly comfortable with MxM but again, characters vary! If there's chemistry I'm for it, but I'm also not one to set romance in stone. Should it happen, it happens. If any of these characters interest you, feel free to contact me via PM. I'll probably be posting requests (as well a general "how I do" sort of thing) soon enough, but my characters are usually how I jive.

Alright. Neat? Neat. We march along.

Cis. Mid-20's. Gay.

Quin Hau was simple, once.

Well, shit, probably not, huh?

Music was the only thing that mattered to him for years. His father taught him. His father was a musician, spent the days in their two bedroom apartment with his sister teaching them Heart & Soul on an upright. Beat the Saturday cartoons any day. Music is finite, has an ending, but a million possibilities. One note could change everything, but it still ended. Things always ended.

His father was attacked ruthlessly on a rainy summer evening. It would take him three years to succumb to those injuries, and in that time Quin would become a cop, he would poke his nose in places he wouldn't belong. He'd be his father's sole caretaker, up until the point where he died, and he figured somewhere in between those moments: the dying and the not dying, that something would snap.

No one was going to find those answers until he did. So he aimed to find them. A baseball bat, some online purchases, and a portable way to bring the soundtrack with you-- that's really all you need to set the world on fire. Quin's ambition began a fiery new path, one that involved blazing through whoever was in his way to find his answers, and force the ones who hurt his father into submission.

Trans Man. Late 20's. Bisexual. (Possibly on the gray-ace spectrum.)

He first learned about the scales when he was six years old, tumbling out of a tree. A preventative measure against harm. Scales ripped through his skin to protect the bone from breaking. The scales, oil-slick in color, keratin smooth in texture, come and go as needed. A quiet secret Mason carries to this day. They can withstand impact damage of almost any caliber, but split between their folds, through blade or heat, and the resistance is peeled away. They rely on awareness, and not only that, but fear. Anxiety, specifically. Every panic attack lead Mason to be pressing scales down against his chest, trying to tuck them away as he gasped for breath.

Then there was the day the scales Didn't Work, when the scales Weren't Enough, and not only did he erupt in scales, but his body changed. It wouldn't change back until he was calm, still, safe.

With this new, drastic change in his power, Mason is both driven to isolation (taking biology field world in isolated towns) and the desire to find answers. All of which might be a bad decision, but to keep carrying the fear in his chest of becoming that beast once again, that might be the worst.

Mid-20's. Cis. Pansexual.

Jamira Hansen was always brazen. Her conversation boisterous. Pride exudes from her. Confidence, certainty- that's always been her. She's had a plethora of jobs: Soldier, PI, bodyguard, fighter. She leans toward excitement and rushes in at the first sign of danger. This, of course, has gotten her into trouble before, but she tends to tell wonderful stories. Her brother seems to enjoy them, at the very least.

Charismatic, altruistic, loud. Jamira has many stories to tell, but she's not done. There's always another adventure to have. And she plans to have it, alone or with company.

Mid-30's. Cis. Bisexual.

Life was not always this calm for Marcello. These days he tills soil over to make room for new crop, guides patients from the Mafia he'd walked away from into his home. He's more of a PT now, with a grouchy, almost Danny DeVito approach of "Fuck you, get up. Do these stretches." He's known to be a bit of a curmudgeon, but there's a caramel chewy center if you can break the shell of his facade.

Being away from blood has calmed him, soothed his once ragged nerves. Marcello Huarez was a name few knew, but his codename in his gang: Ulysses, now that name held some wait. He has a kill count higher than people like to think, who put down people in the "early days" those around him were too afraid to touch. He was a hotshot, back in the day, and now is a reserved, more honest man who just wants to grow some squashes.

We'll see how long that lasts.

30's. Trans man. Pansexual.
Warning for graphic content such as body horror and gore.

He'd always worked well with his hands. Isadore was a student in med school when he gave himself top surgery. According to those around him, it was a miracle he lived at all, and in some ways, he didn't. He got about halfway through before he passed out in his tub, and when he awoke he was given a deal from Hell itself. Specifically, a higher demon: create our vessels, and live. And Izzy, inches from Death's door, didn't quite have a proper retort.

His work is grungy, and bloody, and sometimes painful. The materials given by the demons asking for a body truly aren't sufficient, but he's now since learned the abilities of a necromancer. He houses in his apartment the demons awaiting a body, but progress is slow. He is a surgeon trying to operate and keep his aesthetic, you feel me?

Early-to-mid-20's. Cis. Bisexual.

This character is under heavy development. There's a story in everything. Rowan knows that. He knows how words have weight, and he's been in the business of finding them for years, now. He's a quiet fellow, with any number of possible secrets, but his reporting is somewhere that he doesn't shy away from. Rowan is fully prepared to go headfirst into any mystery to unsolve it, especially cases he should keep his nose out of. Thankfully, though, he's usually not unarmed. And Lady Luck seems to have a fondness for reporters with one persona in the office and another out, trying desperately for search for the truth. His integrity does get him into trouble on occasion, but there's something protecting him, still. He just doesn't know what that is, still.

I don't really know how to start this one. Simply put, ask me about Dragon Age. I've got (1) Dwarven and (2) Elven Inquisitors, a ridiculous (3) number of Wardens, and an immense softness towards OCs that have flourished in that area.

Back
Top Bottom