Closed In the Dark of the Night

violentgremlin

GremlinSage
Local time
Today 7:24 AM
Pronouns
Any
The Plot
[ emotional & physical abuse | dark romance | nsfw | small town | dominance & submission | bdsm | modern ]

The town of Fairbridge is located at the end of a thicket with ancient, unexplained statutes that can be found in the surrounding wilds. It is said to have been a town of witches and warlocks, ghouls and ghosts that once ran wild in the lands. Now, however, it has become nothing more than a simple countryside town whose people are quite religious. They will tell you they don't believe in witches or ghosts or even skinwalkers, but they will pray until their eyes bleed to keep all of them away.

But this isn't about that...

Immediately after high school, Lyra Riven left for the Big Apple to continue her education. Despite how rough living in New York City was, she was positive it was better than home. She didn't have many reasons to go home and over the ten years, she only ever returned once, for a day and met with no one but her parents.

However, due to her mother's death, Lyra has returned home and plans on staying for a while to support her father. Her career allows her to work remote and his insistence that she stay was difficult to say 'no'. As much as she and her parents would come to odds with their different religious beliefs, they were still her parents and she did love them dearly.

Lyra Riven
Growing up, Lyra was studious and always obedient, listening to the adults in her life closely. To others, the most she had ever been in trouble for was staying up past her bedtime to read whatever book she was on at the time, and she loved to read. A typical girl in neat and tidy dresses that her mother picked out for her. However, when others weren't looking, Lyra was studying technology. There was a whole world out there that she wanted to be part of and it wasn't until her senior year that she finally let her parents know that she was leaving. Her goal was to work in technology and she was heading for college in NYC. This had caused a huge fight in the household up until she left. It is known through gossip that it was a year before she spoke to her parents again and continued their strained communication. Over the last two years, however, after receiving news of her mothers cancer diagnosis, they spoke more often, eventually leading her home to help with the funeral and support her father.

Looking For
  • This is an MxF story, so I'm looking for someone to play the male. Your character entirely, he just has to be from Fairbridge and likely never left the small town.
  • As this town is fictional, feel free to build it to suit your character (he can totally own half of it or just a barista, who knows).
  • Because of the history of the town, there are tourists that visit and get a very incorrect religious education on the history of the town.
  • The male character and Lyra were enemies in school, him having been the bully growing up. In a town like this, how much has this changed?
  • This story should be at least 50/50 plot/smut and it's a dark romance. This means dark things can and should happen. If you have triggers or something you absolutely will not do, let me know!
  • While I have a fairly well understanding of BDSM, I have never experienced it first hand nor in RP and I'd very much like to explore. However, this is not a full on requirement either.
General Things
  • Site rules apply.
  • No pregnancy, I will have a reason for Lyra not to be getting pregnant.
  • Children NPCs are fine since this is in a town.
  • If you need to know my posting, you can check my 1x1 for a few small samples. I can write anywhere from 4-6 paragraphs or longer depending on scene and what I'm given to work with.

Back
Top Bottom