Interview With A Vampire... Hunter? — July 2023 Challenge Winner

Currently reading:
Interview With A Vampire... Hunter? — July 2023 Challenge Winner

Lore N. Fables

Demigod
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 3:51 AM
The setting of the scene is quite calm. The room is lit with several oil lamps to put the young huntress at ease with her surroundings. (We do not wish for a Staking that is unwarranted, yes?)

ezgif.com-resize (2).gif
We're here with the one character I had put so much thought into and even loved her enough to make her the star of my upcoming-never will be finished- novel, "The Crestblade Chronicles". Please give a warm welcome to Lady Aurora Annabeth Crestblade!

<The Applause signs light alerting those in the audience to do their thing and clap>

"Thank you, for that warm welcome!" Aurora flinches slightly as one person in the audience screams out 'MURDERER!'. "It seems there are non-mortal sympathizers in the crowd. Almost as bad as zombies, but I digress…"

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy 'non-mortal' slaying to have a chat with me!

"About that," the young woman almost huffed in her Americanized British accent. "Must there always be slaying in my good clothes? You're the one who writes this stuff, after all, why not have me dressed in the breeches you write me in so often? But noooo, you had to write me in my favourite blue silk gown! It's positively ruined! I'll never get the blood stains out…"

Alright, well, I suppose we can begin with that. To make amends, I will make sure to write your fight scenes in breeches and I will write you in a new silk dress. Does that help?

"That's a start," Aurora replied, holding her head in a regal manner as she looked away.

Since we have that settled, are there any sorts of adventures you would like to see yourself in?

"How about a vacation in the next-not going to publish- adventure? Somewhere tropical, and, oh, I don't know... Warm? Daylight and vampires do not go well together, or so I am told. I am in need of some sun since I look more like what I hunt these days."

My, you certainly are opinionated. Any other demands whilst I am feeling in such a generous mood?

"Finish the bloody novel already? I know that Lily James isn't going to be young forever, Lore, and we both know you want her to play me in the movie that can't get made until you finish the book. So, that is my only other demand besides a suntan."

Easy enough ask... I think.

Well, there you have it folks! Something silly to go with the rest of the Interviews with something dead-ish.

Thank you for taking the time to read this nonsense. Be well, Sanctum Dwellers! 🌻

Back
Top Bottom