Currently reading:
Orphaned (Any) Invisible Person x Shape-Shifter

notlydialovelace

The None, The Nonely
Local time
Tomorrow 2:34 AM
Pronouns
she, her
I wanted to bring new life to an orphaned roleplay concept I had developed with someone off-site well before I joined, which involved a lot of experimental 'sandboxing' (i.e. out-of-canon one-shot mini-rps to establish character interaction dynamics, personal details, and other things). I would love to do that again with someone else on here, since I felt like the idea had a lot of potential.

in the original concept, MC was Novis 'Nils' Nilson, a cis-male invisible person whose powers were manifest since birth, and YC would be a cis-female shapeshifter who manifested her powers around age 6.

The RP would be a college freshman first-meeting to lovers slow-burn romantic drama, with very little actual smut, and only at the end if at all.

There are a couple of details that the other original roleplayer and I had hashed out that I am fine reinventing, but would prefer to revive if at all possible. I would of course be open to discussing what to keep and what to rework.

I am also open to doing other pairings with the same central conceit. So MxF, FxM, FxF, and NB-inclusive pairings are fine as well. Depending on the pairing, the amount of smut may vary as well, depending on how comfortable I am roleplaying erotic scenes as the character I end up playing.

I am more than happy to go into details about the world-setting and the character histories, but since a lot of that was brainstorm-workshopped, it might make more sense to start over from the concept and see if things turn out the same way.

Everyone would of course be college-age (18+), and in addition to MC and YC, each of them would have a smallish group of friends, who might have side-plots or involvement in the main arc, and perhaps even pair up though that isn't what I was planning originally.

It is a magical realism low fantasy setting, and I can go into the specific background lore as to how that works.

Basically it is similar to MHA-style quirks, even if it is not in the MHA universe or setting, and the mechanics and details are different, that is the best touchstone I was thinking of.

Please let me know if you are interested! I really want to try this idea out after planning everything out only to have the roleplay orphaned for unknown reasons.

I wanted to bring new life to an orphaned roleplay concept I had developed with someone off-site well before I joined, which involved a lot of experimental 'sandboxing' (i.e. out-of-canon one-shot mini-rps to establish character interaction dynamics, personal details, and other things). I would love to do that again with someone else on here, since I felt like the idea had a lot of potential.

in the original concept, MC was Novis 'Nils' Nilson, a cis-male invisible person whose powers were manifest since birth, and YC would be a cis-female shapeshifter who manifested her powers around age 6.

The RP would be a college freshman first-meeting to lovers slow-burn romantic drama, with very little actual smut, and only at the end if at all.

There are a couple of details that the other original roleplayer and I had hashed out that I am fine reinventing, but would prefer to revive if at all possible. I would of course be open to discussing what to keep and what to rework.

I am also open to doing other pairings with the same central conceit. So MxF, FxM, FxF, and NB-inclusive pairings are fine as well. Depending on the pairing, the amount of smut may vary as well, depending on how comfortable I am roleplaying erotic scenes as the character I end up playing.

I am more than happy to go into details about the world-setting and the character histories, but since a lot of that was brainstorm-workshopped, it might make more sense to start over from the concept and see if things turn out the same way.

Everyone would of course be college-age (18+), and in addition to MC and YC, each of them would have a smallish group of friends, who might have side-plots or involvement in the main arc, and perhaps even pair up though that isn't what I was planning originally.

It is a magical realism low fantasy setting, and I can go into the specific background lore as to how that works.

Basically it is similar to MHA-style quirks, even if it is not in the MHA universe or setting, and the mechanics and details are different, that is the best touchstone I was thinking of.

Please let me know if you are interested! I really want to try this idea out after planning everything out only to have the roleplay orphaned for unknown reasons.
Hello, notlydialovelace.
If you like, you can refer to me as "Double" or "2X"

I find this story idea of an Invisible Person and a Shape-Shifter intriguing.

Is YC always invisible, or can make himself visible with effort? Are they truly invisible, or is this a mental power that affects other people's visual perception? Are their clothes visible or invisible? Are invisible people a known occurrence in the character's world? Are there exceptional people that can see them such as a character's mother or parents or people with gifts?

How is MC supposed to detect or see YC? If MC is a were-rat, maybe she can find him by scent or echolocation? I was thinking that rather than have MC born to be a shape-shifter that they might have been infected (at age six, as you originally planned) with a "cursed virus".

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Back
Top Bottom