Unspecified It's time to R-R-R-Roleplay!

Currently reading:
Unspecified It's time to R-R-R-Roleplay!

Esclair

Serf
Local time
Tomorrow 10:58 AM
Pronouns
She/they

About me

Hey there! I'm Esclair and before I came to this site, I have been roleplaying on and off for about 10 years. Right now, I want to roleplay more often to hone my writing skills. Usually, I roleplay as a female character and tend to pair them with other females, be it cis or trans, and non-binary characters, however, I am willing to learn how to write any other kind of pairing! Keep in mind that I don't have any experience with them yet so it'll take a moment for me to get used to it. Many things interest me so I don't have a strong preference for theme, genre, etc. However, I can say that I mostly roleplayed in a fantasy setting, be it low fantasy or high fantasy. I dabbled in romance, drama, crime, and action, but I also enjoyed a chiller, slice-of-life story. I like to write in general, so chances are most of your ideas will appeal to me.

Don't worry, I have ideas on my own and will tell you all about it, but I'm pretty flexible and don't mind adjusting to your preference. Roleplaying for me is a chance to collaborate with other people, so I am very interested in creating a story together with you.

I will say that I never do fandom, and I don't think I am interested in roleplaying as a canon character. I am fine with roleplaying in an established world though if they are interesting enough. As of right now, RWBY's world is fascinating to me.

Roleplaying Style and Preferences

I write in third person and I like to write multiple paragraphs. I try to aim for at least 300 words, but most of the time I usually write more than 500 words, sometimes even reaching 1k words. I prefer if my partner can respond with a paragraph or more, but you can go beyond that. I tend to match my partner's word count, so I am willing to go even longer than my average if you prefer. I still have my limit though, and I would prefer it if we keep it under 2k words especially if we're going to roleplay daily. One exception is if we only roleplay once a week, I am willing to write more than 2k words.

English is my second language, so it takes time for me to write a post, but I am confident that I can make at least a post daily. Most of the time though, I can send multiple replies in a day. To ensure the quality of my response, I will try my best to be open with you when I am too busy to write a response right on time or when I feel generally burned out. Despite that, I will still make sure that I send at least 2-3 posts a week. I like my partner to be able to post multiple times a week, however, I'm pretty patient and I don't mind us only replying once a week.

I don't mind waiting for up to a month for a reply. If I don't hear from you for a month, I will send you a chat and then do that two more times before I stop. Life can get chaotic, I completely understand if you decide to prioritize your life first before roleplaying. I would love it if you tell me when you start to feel burned out, I don't mind if we take a break from the story and come back for it later! I would also love it if you tell me your feelings on our roleplay session, for example, if you don't like the direction of the story or if you're not that interested in the story anymore. We can always negotiate a compromise, and the worst thing that could happen is us dropping the story and moving on with our lives.

As for OOC stuff, my pm will always be open for that. I love to discuss the story and the characters with you, maybe to figure out the direction of the story together, do some world-building, brainstorm new ideas and scenes, anything really! A warning that I don't really talk much and I'm fairly bad with keeping the conversation going, but I also info-dump about things that interest me, and that includes, well, roleplaying! Ahh, the duality.

My timezone is GMT+7, and I'm usually available from 3 am to 9 pm. If you make a post or send me a chat when I am not available, I will make sure to reply to your messages when I am fully awake.

Content and Limits

First of all, I prefer to have a plot-heavy story with some occasional smut. Maybe around 75% plot and 25% smut, but I can adjust the ratio easily to your preference. I don't mind doing an entirely non-sexual story and focusing on the plot, character development, world-building, and other aspects of the story. I am also not opposed to a sex-driven story, though I prefer a long-term roleplay session and I am not sure that a fully sexual story can fulfill that preference, but I could be proven wrong. One thing that you should know about me is that I can focus too much on a scene to the point that I forgot to advance the plot, so if that ever happens you can always call me out for that. I am trying my best to be more proactive, but on some days I might get too excited and unconsciously put too much focus on a part of the story that might not be that relevant to the whole plot.

When it comes to limits, I am a very open-minded person and will be down to try out anything at least once. I haven't encountered a topic that I don't like, though to be fair I haven't really explored much when it comes to roleplaying. I can confidently say that I don't mind most gore and violence, even those that are described in great detail. It's like… I would be too guilt-ridden to torture someone irl, but I'm okay with writing it because it's fictional, you know? I don't think I've found a character archetype that I hate to write or be paired with, even if I would hate them if I met them in real life. Once again, I like writing, so I'm very open to writing about different kinds of topics.

It's also the same with kinks. I do encounter some kinks that I am not comfortable with, but there are a lot of kinks that I don't mind writing and exploring. If you're interested in roleplaying with me and want to know the kinks that I like to write, feel free to ask about it in chat! I can say that I won't shy away from BDSM, and there are a lot of plays that I think will be super interesting to write about. I tend to slip into a more submissive role, but I don't mind taking the dominant role for once.

For genres and themes that I like, I love crime, especially organized crime. I remember back when I was a child, I played the Godfather game for months, I was obsessed with the Mafia series, and is now dipping into the world of Yakuza. I'm a sucker for this setting and I like it to be filled with action and drama. Anything with fantasy and superpower is also a plus for me, I just enjoy brainstorming abilities and exploring how I can use them in a story. I like my story packed with exciting adventures, but I also like slice of life, with our characters chilling together and going through the mundanity of life. One genre that I can't get away from is romance. I don't mind if it's not the focus of the story, but I would like it to exist in the roleplay that I am in. Because of how my brain works, I know that I have more interest but I can't seem to find any of them right now to put here… I'm just gonna say, I will try everything once so you can suggest ideas that I haven't listed here!

Prompts, pairings, etc.

I have a couple of ideas when it comes to fiction, though I never really published anything before. Rather than letting it rot in the depths of my drive, why not put some of them here and see if anyone's interested in it? Anyways, here are some of my story ideas, both new and old.​
  • Ideas
    • Hundreds of years ago, the earth was fighting with creatures from the void, hell bent to destroy everything that they see. Witnessing this carnage, one of the ancient gods on earth decided to sacrifice their life and bestow a group of humans with the power of shadows that allows them to fight these creatures. Their power also empowers their soul, granting them the ability to keep their memories and abilities through the cycle of reincarnations. They defended the earth until eventually, society sees this creature as mere urban legends. In the present, these void creatures came out once again to attack a city. It caught the shadow warriors off guard, as they had scattered and lived a somewhat normal life. One of the warriors was near the attacked city and through an accident, figured out that they could splice their soul and grant someone the same ability as they were, and together they defend the city from the void creatures. The world now knows the existence of these creatures once again, and the shadow warrior rises to defend their home, this time with a new addition.​
    • In a fantasy world, there lived a blacksmith. Intrigued with their passion, the gods have given them immortality so they could continue to indulge in their work. Their weapons were considered to be a treasure, even the cheapest one was considered worthy enough to be a family heirloom of a noble. Kingdoms have heard of their expertise, and those that summoned heroes from afar have sent them there to get a weapon powerful enough to defeat whatever evil that threatens their land. Some of those heroes had charmed the blacksmith's heart, and in turn, they handcrafted weapons that fit well with their style. Sadly, with their luck, those heroes always seemed to perish in their quest. What's more, due to their status as a traveler from another realm, their soul wasn't able to disperse properly and instead they occupied the weapon that the blacksmith made, turning those into magic weapons with the sole purpose of protecting the blacksmith. A couple of tragedies later, the blacksmith vowed to never handcrafted a weapon for someone anymore. That is, until a peculiar hero arrived at their doorstep.​
    • A group of rebels, fighting to liberate their homeland from an evil ruler. In one of their campaigns, one of the high ranked rebels got heavily injured and was brought to the hand of their enemies. When they woke up from a coma, they found themselves restrained in a heavily guarded hospital room with the ruler right in front of them, and they didn't recognize them. They didn't even remember their identity nor the reason why they were restrained. Taking advantage of the situation, the ruler embraced the confused amnesiac, crafting stories about their relationship and how the rebel group kidnapped them only to brainwash them and pit them against each other. Trusting the ruler, the amnesiac joined the ruler's side and did their best to restore their 'original' personality.​
    • A new superhero who's trying their best in life, and an established master thief who supported their fellow villains with stolen funds and machinery. The superhero is an orphan, and they worked hard enough to get sponsored by the owner of a tech company, who are known to donate large amounts of money to charities and provide scholarship opportunities to the orphans in the city. Thanks to that, they graduated from one of the top tech universities in town and are now working in their sponsor's company. During one of their altercations, they managed to kick off the master thief's mask, and to their horror, they were face to face with the sponsor that they respected. What's more, it seemed that the sponsor had known about their identity for a while now. The young superhero could feel the disappointment in their heart, but they couldn't help but wonder why the villain didn't do anything to them, despite knowing their real identity.​
Those are some of the things that I have in mind. I have many more, but I am dumb and most of them are lost because I forgot to write them down when I got the inspiration. I also get mostly character inspiration and tend to create a world revolving around them. It'll probably be too long for me to explain the characters that I have, so here is a brief overview of the characters and pairings that I have created over the years.​
  • some characters and pairings
    • Demi-human of any kind.​
    • Supernaturals, mostly vampires and werewolves.​
    • Divine beings, like angels, demons, a couple of gods here and there.​
    • Crimelords, and their right hands.​
    • Secret agents.​
    • Several kinds of spellcasters and magic users.​
    • Immortals, both human or nonhuman.​
    • DnD characters, recently.​
    • Superheroes, and their rival villains.​
    • And many more!​
That's it from me! I hope I manage to cover most of the information that you need, and if I miss anything feel free to send me a message and I'll gladly give you the answer! Thanks again for reading my post, hope you have a great day :)

Back
Top Bottom