All KING OF THE STREETS! (Street Fighter x King of Fighters) (Sign-up & OOC)

Currently reading:
All KING OF THE STREETS! (Street Fighter x King of Fighters) (Sign-up & OOC)

ThunderousBlairHorn

Ghost-Train Suplexer
Local time
Today 6:05 PM
Pronouns
She/They
KING OF THE STREETS!
A Street Fighter/King of Fighters Crossover

December 16th, 2023
An alley in South Town

"BURN KNUCKLE!" Terry Bogard shouts, his fist igniting with blue fire as he throws it forward, his muscled frame following close behind it as the technique carries him forward to hit his opponent, Ryuji Yamazaki, full in the face. The impact staggers the larger man, but doesn't knock him down, Yamazaki throwing a wild snake-like swing of his left arm in retaliation, but Terry had already closed and was crouched momentarily below the taller fighter. Smirking to himself, Terry calls out, "RISING TACKLE!" executing another of his trademark moves as he hits Yamazaki with a rising inverted spinning clothesline, finally knocking the Geese hireling off his feet and sending him tumbling several feet across the pavement.

Landing lightly close-by, Terry stands with his back to the prone Yamazaki, though the head of the hungry wolf was turned toward the slithering snake, looking over his shoulder at the prone man. "Talk," Terry's voice was flat and hard as he turned to face Yamazaki, "what is Geese after now? What does he have you skulking around looking for?"
Yamazaki wipes one hand across his bloodied mouth as he rises to his feet, grinning a bloody grin at Terry. Placing that now bloody hand in one pocket, Yamazaki licks his lips and growls out, "and why the hell should I tell you, eh? You think I'm scared of a wolf?"

Yamazaki's head tilts forward ever so slightly, putting his face in shadow except for his murderous red eyes, his voice a threatening hiss as he says, "I'm an apex predator. I'll fucking kill you."

December 16th​, 2023
Inside a Shadowloo/S.I.N. Research facility

Standing in the observation area overlooking one of the many holding rooms in the facility, Juri watched with mildly detached interest as another batch of victims was herded in. Fresh from memory tampering and enhancement, it would only be a matter of time before they started to exhibit compatibility with the process or not.
Juri trailed one hand down the side of her face, relishing the thought of such potential suffering, it might even keep her entertained for a long while.

Hearing footsteps behind her, Juri turns as her new partner saunters into the observation area, the blond-haired, well dressed businessman who called himself the King of South Town towering over her. "Mr. Howard," Juri says, trying to contain her excitement, "a new batch just arrived."

Geese Howard smiles coldly at Juri, the sadistic fighter actually feeling a shiver run up her spine, though she'd never admit it. "Good. Perhaps this time, the lot of them won't be failures," Geese says, turning to look into the holding room below. There appeared to be around seven or so people, looking as if they were lost, aimlessly shuffling at the moment. He knew that would change, soon enough.

Soon, he would have the army he wanted.

GEESE HOWARD IS WORKING WITH THE REMNANTS OF SHADOWLOO AND S.I.N.!

TO WHAT END!?

AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR BOTH TOURNAMENTS!?

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

KING OF THE STREETS!

Oh no, Geese Howard and Juri working together?
Trying to build an army for some nefarious purpose?
SAY IT AIN'T SO!

But worry not, friends, because this is where YOU come in.

Bring your OCs, bring your canons, but just remember to bring your A GAME.

Because if you don't, you'll never know what it takes to be…

KingOfTheStreetsStamp.png

SOME BASIC GUIDELINES FOR THIS RP AND CHARACTERS WITHIN IT:

1) Keep all OCs and Canon submissions to characters From/Related to Characters From/Live-in the Street Fighter & King of Fighters franchises/universes.
2) Move Lists are not required, but they are HIGHLY encouraged. If you need ideas about what that means, just look into the move lists of each franchise. Or ask in this thread! :D
3) Full profiles with images only, please and thank you~ Text is great, but having a face to go with it makes it even better.
4) Dragonball Z/Anime-Level type power is not okay here. Keep your Ultra/NeoMax moves to like city-block+ level, rather than like Continent level.
5) If you submit a Canon from either franchise, Be Prepared For Me to Be Critical But Fair, because I know a fair bit about both franchises and their rosters.

6) Please for the love of gods and cute animals, ENJOY YOURSELVES~!
7)
Don't Be A Dick. Follow Sanctum Rules. Etc.
8) Thank you for being here, you're awesome~ 😊💖

Oh muh gawd. I AM DOWN! IDK about a move list, though. That would take a lot of brain power let alone the character. xD

Firstly, thanks for being interested~! :D That means a lot, actually.

Secondly, the biggest thing that a move list does is give you a quick list of things you can always do, if you ever get stuck while writing combat scenes. They're like idea seeds for ways combat can branch out, beyond basic punching/kicking/throwing.

It's kind of like writing a power set for a Superhero character or something similar. These are things the character knows they can do/is known for doing/has been seen doing etc. They aren't necessarily limited to those things, but gaining new skills/abilities/powers is usually fairly difficult in some way.

King of Fighters Wiki Street Fighter Wiki <---A few links to help with brainstorming, if needed.

Hmm. I haven't done something like that before. I would really have to think of it. I would want my character to be someone more elegant - from France more than likely. Perhaps a big name of sorts? Which series are you more concentrated on? Is the world going to be full of original characters who are simply inspired by fighting games or will those characters actually be involved? What will be the limits? King of Fighters has many powers displayed, as well as Street Fighter. Will there be any inspiration from Tekken as well?

I'm going to try my best to equally represent both Street Fighter and King of Fighters, for both story and NPC appearances. The world will be populated by both Canons and whatever OCs others submit and play as.

As for limits, I stated in the 2nd post that character power levels are to stay around City Block+. If you're not sure what that means, picture someone like Yusuke from YuYuHakusho, or like Gojo from Jujutsu Kaisen. They can do bigger things, but not without great difficulty or personal hardship/sacrifice.

If you're specifically asking about what characters are allowed to be picked from, that's pretty easy to answer too: If they're tied to Shadowloo/SIN or Geese Howard and his South Town Mafia, they are off-limits to players, as they will likely be used as NPCs for major story points. Ryu/Ken/Guile/Chun-Li/Cammy are also off-limits, as they will also be NPCs involved in moving the story along at key points. Same goes for Terry & Andy Bogard/Joe Higashi/Mai Shiranui/King. Anyone else is pretty much fair game, within the stated power limit.

I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT INCLUDING TEKKEN. But I don't know enough about Tekken, and I was concerned I might not be able to do the characters justice as NPCs. So I left it out of this. If my knowledge of the series grows to a similar comprehension that I have with SF or KoF, I might consider rolling it into this.

As far as like, rules of engagement? Know your character's limits. If you challenge an NPC Canon, Expect To Get Wasted. Fights are not meant to be lethal, but with the kind of abilities that get thrown around and used, characters will get injured and need to recover. If two PCs decide to duke it out, and both parties agree to accept whatever result comes of it, the non-lethal stipulation can be lifted for that engagement. Otherwise, fights are to KO or First Blood, chosen before the first blow is thrown by the people involved.

Last edited:
Hmmmn. Alright. I'll likely create a character that perhaps works for M. Bison or maybe even Juri. I like a good elegant baddie.

If I can get at least two more people interested in this, I'll go ahead and throw down the actual RP thread, and try to get some kind of actual roster organized.

I'm officially offering this up to anyone who wants to take it. I've kind of lost the spark for it after so long. 😮‍💨 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom