Either Needed Lavender Town Pokémon RP

Morpheus

God of Dreams, Prince of Sleep, and HBIC
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 5:48 AM
Pronouns
He/ Him
A few years ago I hosted a Pokémon RP on another site that actually got a lot of traction, so I thought I'd see if there'd be interest to do it here. The following spoiler is the story behind the game:

In the Kanto region, many legends have been told of the Lavender Town Pokémon gym. Legends state that when it was still around, it was the strongest gym in the entire region. The gym leader, who specialized in Ghost types, was so strong the even some members of the Elite Four had trouble beating her, and she never lost. The gym leader was so strong that it was rumored she even had legendary and mythical Pokémon on her team, though few people even got past the first Pokémon she sent out to confirm this.

Then one day, seemingly overnight, the gym leader along with her gym, disappeared.

It's been several decades, but those who were supposedly around when the gym existed are no longer living. With no real confirmation of its existence, the gym has become part of urban legend, at least until recently. In the past few months, the gym has been appearing around the world, staying in one place for only a day or two before disappearing and reappearing in a completely different region. However, the most puzzling thing is that after the gym disappears so do the strongest trainers in the area. Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and even Champions have disappeared without a trace. Searching for clues also proves difficult, because after the gym disappears Pokémon in the area where the gym appeared become overwhelmingly powerful.

The disappearance of powerful trainers has caused researchers to stop giving new trainers a starter Pokémon and for gyms to close their doors, thus stopping the creation of new champions in regions where the current champion has disappeared. It's for this very reason that Bill, the world-famous Pokémon researcher, and creator of the Pokémon Storage System has started to look for a team to solve the mystery of the Lavender Town Gym, and hopefully, recover trainers, who like the gym did long ago, disappear without a trace.

As this is an interest check I'm not really looking for players to create character sheets just yet, but here is a little bit more info if you want to participate in the RP.

The team that Bill is mobilizing are ex-Champions in each of the regions. This means that all of them are at least 18+ years old, and even though they were Champions in the past, haven't been in the game for a least a few years. Since everyone has heard about the gym and the disappearance of trainers the ex-Champions are rightly concerned, since this was a bit of part of their past.

There are only a few things I require players to do: At least have played one of the main series games (I want to make sure you know how the games work) and be open to doing a bit of research (mainly for the roster of your Pokémon. I want the moves they know and abilities to be up to date).

If you're still interested be sure to leave a reply and once I feel I have enough people I will create an OOC so we can create character sheets and get this game going!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom