MxF Let's put some text together and call it literature

Currently reading:
MxF Let's put some text together and call it literature

Sagenod

Serf
Local time
Today 7:40 PM
Or you know, have a drink and call it a day.

Hello all, thought I'd throw a request thread out and see if anyone was keen for a bit of roleplay.

I'm extremely new to forum roleplay, while also being quite experienced in other forms of roleplay so I'm not completely hopeless. Just treat me like a bit of an idiot for a bit or until I prove otherwise. ;)

Here's a few key points about me and what you can expect, and also what I am looking for in a roleplay partner

• Spelling/Grammar - I like to feel like I'm fairly above average in this regard and I enjoy partners who are similar. I'm not expecting absolute perfection, but if there is lots of obvious mistakes and poor sentence structure I'll be a bit put off.
  • Response Time/Communication - I'm usually able to respond at least once a day, if not multiple times. I'm a fairly busy individual myself and I can understand a busy life. Just let me know if you're not going to be around!
  • Approachable and Open Minded - I'm friendly, and willing to hear your ideas when it comes to a roleplay setting. After all, roleplay is a two way street. I'm not here to make this all about me, I'd like to have the experience of building a creative sanctuary with another person.
  • Pairings - I'm a heterosexual 25 year old man and I really only prefer mature M x F pairings of main characters if there is going to be some sort of sexual relations. I have other side characters I like to add into roleplays and I don't mind if you bring a full cast of different types of characters as well!
Roleplay Preferences

I have quite a few influences for my roleplay settings, most are drawn from a lot of detail in real world history. Some other concepts are borrowed from intellectual properties such as; Warcraft, Starcraft, Warhammer Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored and a little bit of Terry Pratchett just for some comic relief!

I have two custom worlds with some detailed lore that I have been chiseling out of a slab of incoherent thoughts and ideas for years. A lot of it is starting to take shape and I'm willing to share these worlds with you if we struggle to think of a decent setting.

I have a large cast of male characters with strong personalities who can be mixed around and placed into many different story arcs. I don't tend to roleplay submissive people. There is both good and bad in most of the aspects of my characters, and mostly shades of grey. There are no white knights here, but that is not to say there aren't any good intentions. A lot of them are simply products of their environment trying to break the cycle. A lot like most people in the world.

In any case, I hope some of you take interest and I'm excited to talk about some decent roleplay.

Thanks!

I'd love to discuss some of the worlds you've created! I know Warcraft lightly, so I don't want to mess things up. :p If you're down to explain some things to a noob, I'm totally down for a fantasy rp. <3

Hi Sagenod and Achu,
I quite like the introduction of yours and I am wondering if I could join.
To be honest, or not... Let me just list my flaws and you can still decide if you want me in.
  • My first language is not English --> so the quality of my writings may not be to your liking.
  • When someone says "I expect you to present 500+ words/turn", well, that can make me nervous. Of course, I'm not into 1-2 sentence products either.
  • I have a lot of clichés swirling in my mind; I'd like to get rid of them.
  • I have a strong romantic side which sometimes feels too cheesy even to me.
  • One of the reasons I picked up roleplaying was that so I could practice writing and get better at it. (and I like stories, especially the genre of fantasy or strange settings)
Here is a sample of my world:
http://writerssanctum.com/threads/zenins-background-story.545/
(though this character - and some others - is/are not playable. I can come up with similar ones.

And a final remark: I am not good at building lore and history, I am more of a tale-teller by actions.

If you still don't mind me, you know how to let me know. ;)

Back
Top Bottom