MxF Let's Spin a Tale! <plots inside> <story-centric>

Currently reading:
MxF Let's Spin a Tale! <plots inside> <story-centric>

Local time
Today 9:47 AM
Hello hello, flight-of-fancy at your service! You can call me Rin, if you'd like. I'm new to this site, so please be gentle with me. c; First off, here's some requirements/things about me!

+ Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are important to me. Of course, I make my mistakes and typos, and I completely understand when you make them as well. But--you know, on the whole, I'd rather not be distracted from your awesome post by such things.

+ I don't care whether you're male or female in real life, but I'm looking for someone who is comfortable playing a male character as their main character.

+ I typically write on a semi-lit to advanced-lit level, ranging from 400~1200 words per post, but as long as I get a couple of good quality paragraphs, I'm quite happy. I generally match my partner's length, and I'm completely willing to wait for a well-written post.

+ Violence, language, dark themes, adult themes...that's all perfectly fine, but when it comes to explicitly writing out smut, I'm not particularly interested. Sex can happen, of course, but fade-to-black is usually what I go with these days. For certain plots (like Charity & Virtue down below) I'll be willing to write smut when it's plot relevant, but I'm always story-centric.

+ I love brainstorming and world-building, so I'd like it if my partner is also enthusiastic about these things! It's okay if you're not up for small talk silliness, but it's very important to me that we go back and forth about new ideas or potential plot points.

+ As far as frequency of posting, I'm pretty relaxed because I understand how hectic life can be. RL (sadly) has to come first. It'd be nice to get an estimated time of arrival posting, though. A few times a week is perfectly fine for me, and anything else is always negotiable.

+ I'm fond of romance. Nothing instant, or anything like that. It doesn't have to be the main focus of the plot, but yes, I am a hopeless romantic and I like romance in my stories.

Okay! Did I scare you away yet? No? Good!

Now onto the fun stuff you've been waiting for!

I'm always, always up for brainstorming and tweaking and changing ideas, even if some of my plots are fully formed. I'm a flexible person and I love brainstorming and making something even more unique and tailored to our tastes, so feel free to add new ideas or suggestions if there's one that catches your eye! Seriously. We can mash the old and new together and throw in alllll sorts of things until it's nothing like what we first started with but it's that much more awesome. eue//

In the heart of this wealthy country, there is a large, grand institution full of unfortunate misfits. Some of them are simply orphans taken off the streets, and others are merely troubled. Not to fear, the good doctor has developed a marvelous way to help these poor children. One day, these children will be able to rejoin the populace as outstanding members of the society. Oh yes, even those rascals over there. Please, right this way, the doctor has been anticipating you all day. It is so generous of you to be making such a donation for these unfortunate souls. This money will be going directly towards getting them books and new clothes--they've been outgrowing them so fast! You will be getting thank you letters from the children soon--the dears, they always insist. It is people like you who are playing a huge part in bettering the world! If only everyone was as charitable.

Right in here, good sir. Now girls, please pour this gentleman some tea--where are your manners? That's right, a proper curtsy. Oh, them? These young ladies have grown up in this fine institution, and have decided to stay and give back to the doctor and the institution by becoming nurses and caretakers here. Don't pay them any mind, it's been a while since they've seen a gentleman of your caliber. Unless, of course...one's caught your eye. We can easily arrange for her to stay and make some ah...small talk, while the good doctor finishes up one of his sessions.

Sooooo yeaaah. Good doctor indeed. So this is kind of like an orphanage/institution, where it's supposed to be all charity and goodwill towards these poor unfortunate souls, but it's something much more sinister than that. Many rich nobles and businessmen make lavish donations, and the tour they are taken on is a very limited and sanitized version of the deplorable state these children live in. They walk away, thinking they're doing some good in the world, but in fact the doctor is simply adding on to his growing wealth. And occasionally, if the right donators talk to right ones in charge, they might be able to spend some private time with one of the older 'graduates' of the institution. Yeah, it's totally a side business of prostitution. >u>

The character I had in mind for this plot is one of these 'graduates,' a girl who has been in the institution since she was quite young. She was a big troublemaker and a bit of a menace, resulting in some unneeded punishment, but she did have this precocious spark in her that some people found charming. And though usually the 'private tea time' was kept to those who were older, a very affluent and influential gentleman had a certain taste for younger girls. After generous donations, she entered that world at the age of nine. She was eventually put aside by that particular man when she reached puberty, but by then she had many other gentlemen callers to tend to. Her defining character trait is that she has becoming exceedingly skilled at putting on an act, depending on what her customers want out of her--the demure, shy virgin, the wanton temptress, the cold, mocking mistress, the passionate maiden in love--but behind those multiple facades, she is a deeply cynical and callous girl, nursing a growing rage and the desire for freedom and revenge.

There are a few different options for the pairing here, depending on the type of tale you are inclined towards: first, it could be the son of the doctor, perhaps also studying to be a doctor of the mind. He could have just started an 'internship' of sorts at the institution, and most likely has seen the girl around before, perhaps several times when they were both children. He might find her an interesting case study, due to her drastic changes in demeanor and personality, and just wants to figure her out. He may not be fully aware of what the institution really does--he might have led a sheltered life up until now. Or, he might know and be disgusted, but not have the power to really change anything, since it's his family's living. Or perhaps he doesn't give a crap, because he doesn't really see them as significant. On the other hand, the girl will see this as an excellent way to exact part of her revenge, by toying with the doctor's own son. This in particular would have themes of revenge, family, and mind screwery.

The other could be a fellow graduate, a boy who grew up alongside her. They may or may not have been particularly close, because she was a noted troublemaker and those who associated with her could easily be punished along with her--he might have been her only friend, or perhaps just a bystander who always wondered at her rash decisions. Anyways, they are in the same kind of hell, two damaged people with a deep understanding for the trauma they have gone through. It probably is strictly forbidden for the 'graduates' to have some sort of romantic relationship, due to the drama it could stir up, so there's a bit of that dangerous and forbidden theme to it, as well all the angst that could crop up, knowing that neither of them really have any ownership of their bodies. Can they find solace from their cruel reality in each other's arms, or are they too damaged to ever trust so wholly? Might they be able to escape the institution and put their hellish life behind them, or will they be forever shackled to their memories?

Then another could be one of those wealthy young gentlemen that kind of stumble into this whole thing, and perhaps in the beginning he thinks nothing much of it--it's just another variation of a brothel, after all, and maybe his friends tend to frequent such places. After a few encounters, perhaps he starts caring more, and that makes him realize the horror of it all. Meanwhile, the girl might be trying to con him out of his money somehow so she can pay off her 'debt' and escape this hellhole. This one might also have some themes of class and station difference, since she's literally some orphan-turned-whore and he would be from a very prominent family.

The end of the world came and went. The cause? The gifted. Once upon a time, they were legends in comic books and movies, but the chaos they could bring turned them into persona non grata. Oppressed for nearly a century, tensions finally mounted into a terrible war between the government and the rebel gifted. Even with the divided factions, some gifted supported the government, while some normal people championed the causes for the gifted.

The war dragged on, and the government managed to win--though by the end, the earth was ravaged and broken. Almost all gifted were hunted down and neutralized, either killed or imprisoned. Ten years after the war, the world is slowly attempting to heal. Even so, food and resources are scarce, and outside the small cities, there are ruins and deserts, skeletons of the world that once was. And out in the desert there are the last remnants of the resistance, outlaws and fugitives. The government is desperate to bring them down, but they've outsmarted them at every turn. As a last resort, they send a special operative to infiltrate their group, a young gifted.

Nearly fifteen years ago, the ruling royal family was overthrown, and their members killed and scattered. One member survived, at the tender age of five, who lived as a street rat. Of course, the current royal family has their own heir roughly the same age. There's some possibilities here--maybe this new family is also overthrown, and their heir escapes to the streets, only to meet the royal-turned-street rat, or maybe they meet out on the street when the current royal wants to explore the outside world...

Might be made even more interesting by having it set not in typical Medieval Europe, but some other countries/cultures--Ancient Egypt, Persia, Japan, Korea. etc, etc.

So, if you know about the Borgias, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's like court intrigue, but in the Vatican instead, and Rome in general. It doesn't have to involve actual Borgia family members, but it certainly can. I'm thinking about a theme of possessive love, and then I came across this (oops Vocaloid, but give it a watch if you'd like, it's got beautiful art & storyline) song, and then I thought about Cesare and Lucrezia and their rumored relationship. And uh, Cesare's *cough*murderous*cough* ways. Of course, if incest isn't your thing (only child here, so I guess it doesn't squick me much?), that's totally understandable--which is why it could simply be two unrelated people instead. It works well either way.

...The show's begun. We don't do normal here in the Cirque. We all have our quirks, our talents. Our secrets. Our wonderful Ringmaster passed on but a year ago--a tragedy, as it is. We haven't been doing as well, but that's how life goes, darling. His son took over as the Ringmaster. Charming...sort, he is. Mostly keeps to himself, nursing his scotch. At his side is his enforcer, a slight girl called the Wraith--best you not cross their paths. But the show must go on, mustn't it? Of course, of course! Come one, come all...to the circus of wonders.

...So it's a circus setting, either in an modern era or back a little, when circuses were big. It could either be a regular circus, or perhaps the people within it are actually magical, gifted with odd abilities and the sort. The young Ringmaster is afflicted with some mysterious curse, and has inherited a business that's full of some sinister deals, while his 'enforcer', a young magician who's grown up within the circus, displays some disturbingly split personalities. There's a bunch of options here pairing wise--we could introduce all-new characters to the setting, or have the Ringmaster or the Wraith enter into a relationship with a newcomer, or perhaps have the Ringmaster and his enforcer be a pair. There is definitely something dark going on in this circus, so perhaps someone is trying to uncover it, or perhaps they are a wide-eyed idealist stumbling into something they're not ready for.

Anyways, if you're interested in writing with me, please pm me! It's a lot easier to keep track of things that way.

Cheers,

- Rin c;

Back
Top Bottom