FxF Let's tell stories~

CuddlyCactus

Three Corgis in a Human coat
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
Pronouns
She/They
  • ━ ♡ ❤︎ Welcome ❤︎ ♡ ━━​

Hello lovely reader and welcome to my search thread! I'm Cactus and I am looking for partners for a variety of potential roleplays, or to simply brainstorm and create anew (or anything in-between). If anything in my tabs sounds interesting, I encourage you to message me. I have been writing and roleplaying in various amounts for about 20 years, and am presently looking for long-term roleplay.
  • PREFERENCES & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME

◆ First and foremost, anything you find in "What I Expect From You" you can and should expect from me. I will never hold my partners to a standard I do not meet.

◆ I tend to write anywhere between 300-1000 words depending on the circumstances but will happily go higher as appropriate.

◆ LGBTQIA+ friendly.

◆ I have a rather demanding day job, so I can't promise I will respond daily, but I do not expect you to post rapidly either. 1 post a week (or even longer) is fine by me as long as things keep moving and everyone is having fun.

◆ I don't really like to double; since I almost only play OC x OC, I would prefer to structure the RP so that we are both getting what/who we want. That said, I love having extensive supporting casts, and am happy to involve them.

◆ I like developing the worlds we play in, and love introducing lots of side and supporting characters for ours to interact with. Once I get my teeth into a world I will think about it constantly, and love creating and suggesting new things to fit in.

◆ I've warmed up to more smut-focused stories lately, but still love stories that are more focused on the plot with the smut evolving naturally. All I ask is that if you are going to ask for a smut-focused idea (were the story is more about exploring certain kinks, etc.) that you say that upfront, otherwise I will assume we are going for a story-focused idea that would be more like 80:20 story:smut.

WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU

◇ Someone looking for a long-term roleplay who is interested in building characters and worlds. While not required, I am always looking for friends to create and share with.

◇ I want a partner that is as engaged in the ideas as I am, and is also interested in my ideas.

◇ Communication; tell me if you aren't going to be available or need a break, we all do sometimes! If something isn't working, I would love to know as well.

◇ RL comes first. If RL has left you wiped out and unable to RP that's perfectly understandable, and I hope to be afforded the same consideration. If you want to break off for a while, that's all you need to say. Just let me know if I should check-in later on, or if you want to reinitiate when you are ready.

◇ If you have a specific kink you are looking to explore, please tell me up front. A few times now I've started talking about what I thought was story or character-driven RP with someone only for it to become clear they want to focus a specific kink. I don't appreciate this; it feels deceptive. Something like "I was wondering if you would be interested in a smut-driven roleplay emphasizing [insert kinks]?" is genuinely appreciated.
  • In General
    • Original OC x OC; sadly I am generally not interested in playing with canon characters.
    • Some amount of a romantic element, but it should be accompanied by an ongoing story between our characters. I enjoy angst and drama too, but I also want to get to play out sappy, satisfying moments for characters.
    • Character and plot driven stories; while sex and kinks likely will play a part, I am generally not looking for kink-centered roleplays.
    • I tend to prefer FxF (trans and NB welcome), but sometimes am okay with FxM.
    • My favorite settings are below, but I enjoy many others and am happy to discuss ideas outside of these:
      • Modern Supernatural (e.g. inspired by World of Darkness, Underworld, Supernatural, etc.)
      • Alternate-reality Modern (our world, but with some things changed)
      • Historic (ideally pre-0 CE or between approx. 1800-1925)
      • Alternate History (same as above, but different!)
      • Low-magic Antiquity Fantasy (Ancient Greece or Rome basically)
      • Low-magic Medieval Fantasy
      • Modern Post-Apocalypse
    • I generally prefer original settings but am open to some fandoms; see "Fandoms" tab for explanation.
    • A mix of story and smut; the exact ratio varies but I would call it somewhere in the 80:20 to 70:30 realm.
  • I hesitate to play in fandoms because of some personal history in nerdy spaces. Long story made short, I have had negative experiences roleplaying with people who had much better grasps of a given fandom than I do and getting jarred out of the roleplay by corrections and adherence to canon. As a result I usually am not open to playing in fandoms with people I don't feel comfortable with, which will mean we have roleplayed at least once before.

If we do play a fandom, I will of course always do my best, but I also am not the type to let canon ruin fun and I am not generally the type to try and develop an encyclopedic knowledge of a setting. All that said, here are the fandoms I feel more comfortable playing in, in no particular order:
    • A Song of Ice and Fire
    • Harry Potter (ideally with as much JK stripped out as possible)
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • World of Darkness
    • Bridgerton
    • The Elder Scrolls
    I should add that these are just the fandoms I feel comfortable roleplaying in, but they are not all the fandoms I am familiar with.

CURRENT IDEAS AND STORIES
These are various ideas I am interested in playing, along with a few tags, themes, and keywords relevant to them. These are meant to be jumping off points and generally are not set in stone. That said, for many of them if you remove or alter certain elements they can lose the part that made them interesting to me, so I can't promise that everything is up for alteration.

These are only meant to give a sense of some specific ideas, and are not the only things I am open to playing!

NEWLY SIRED VAMPIRE
Modern, Supernatural, Sire [Y/C] x Vampire [M/C], Non-Consensual Siring
At a glance ‧ An elder vampiress sires a fledgling youth and teaches her the ways of the undead

Setting ‧ Modern day world with supernatural elements inspired mainly by World of Darkness

Characters
  • Calliope Teague - An up-and-coming young woman in the financial world who presently spends her days slaving away at spreadsheets turning the money of her superiors into more money, and desperately seeks something more exciting in life.
  • Vampiress [Y/C] - A bit more open-ended; the only requirement is they be a vampire capable of siring others. Ideally I prefer they be at least a few decades old.
Story
Y/C has decided to sire a "childe" as the vampiric parlance goes, and has spotted a Calliope, a candidate that stands out for a variety of potential reasons. Perhaps Y/C liked the idea of siring an office drone to see what happens, or found her attractive, or perhaps wants someone to help them earn loads of cash. Perhaps a combination of all three, or a host of other reasons. Regardless, one night when Calliope finally decides to go out to have fun, your character strikes. Maybe the siring happens that night, or maybe they have a few encounters before it happens, but soon enough Calliope joins the ranks of the undead, and Y/C helps guide her along.

If played in the World of Darkness setting, generally I imagine Y/C as coming from one of the more "civilized" clans like Venture, Toreador, or Tremere, but those are not required. A Gangrel or Brujah siring the ordinarily reserved and composed Calliope can create some very interesting opportunities.

A key part I enjoy is the juxtaposition of Calliope, a person who considers herself extremely civilized, having to wrestle with (and frequently lose to, especially at first) the "beast" that lives inside each vampire.

Alternate
As an alternative, your character might be simply another vampire that takes an interest in Calliope after she is sired. Perhaps her sire disappears for some reason, or is killed, and Y/C takes her under their wing.
VAMPIRE AND THE BEAST
Modern, Supernatural, Vampire [M/C] x Werewolf [Y/C], Enemies to Lovers
At a glance ‧ A vampire and werewolf, mortal enemies, fall in love.

Setting ‧ Modern day world with supernatural elements inspired mainly by World of Darkness

Characters
  • Calliope Teague - A relatively young vampire who is trying to navigate the world of the supernatural and finds herself enamored with one of her kind's traditional enemies..
  • Werewolf [Y/C] - Fairly open-ended provided they are a werewolf of some kind. My preference would be for a werewolf that is fairly experienced to juxtapose against Calliope's relatively recent siring.
Story
Vampires versus werewolves, a tale as old as time...or at least the 80's. Calliope is a relatively young vampire navigating her kind's presence in a major city, while [Y/C] is a werewolf doing largely the same for theirs. The two sides are embroiled in a cold turf war when Calliope and [Y/C] meet. Now they have to make difficult decisions; will they hide their relationship for fear their respective sides will reject them, or will they be open about it and face whatever challenges come their way.

Alternate
In alternate variations of the story, [Y/C] might not be a werewolf, but might be some other kind of shifter, or perhaps a "beast" (ala Beauty and the Beast) who is permanently trapped in that form.
LOVE AT THE END OF THE WORLD
Modern, Post-Apocalypse, Survivor x Survivor, Survival, Slow-burn
At a glance ‧ A pair of post-apocalyptic survivors find love in a hostile world.

Setting ‧ Modern day after an apocalyptic event that has completely devastated most civilization.

Characters
  • Mallorie - An adventurer and thrill-seeker before the apocalypse, Mallorie's particular set of skills (and a lot of luck) have managed to keep her alive. (See below for possible substitution)
  • [Y/C] - A fellow survivor.
  • [Others TBD] - Nothing prevents us from having other characters involved, or from forming a polycule amongst them.
Story
Our story begins with the world ending; Mallorie and [Y/C] either together or separately manage to survive the initial collapse of society and find themselves in the wilderness, trying to make heads or tails of what to do. From there the story is quite open-ended. They will ideally face struggles as simple as finding food and water, to move complicated issues when they encounter other groups of survivors. Will they join these groups? What happens if those groups collapse? The only constant will be their feelings, and how eventually they end up together again.

The exact nature of the apocalypse is not set in stone, but I lean towards zombies, cliche as they are, because it creates an ongoing barrier to rebuilding civilization and means the world is always going to be a little bit hostile. That said, the main antagonists will be fellow humans, with the zombies (or whatever) and nature proving to be secondary threats.

The intent I have is that this story will feature a large supporting cast, and with both of us occasionally taking on a somewhat "storyteller" type role where we are guiding the characters through a plotline.

Alternate
The zombies can be omitted, though I would want some reason why humanity hasn't started rebuilding in earnest. They could also be replaced with some other threat, provided the threat does not necessarily become the main antagonist. Aliens or some other creatures are also options, but whatever they are I would prefer they not be so dangerous as to leave no safe places for humanity and not replace all wildlife. Another option might be akin to the Fallout series, where the disaster rendered the world more dangerous (flora and fauna got larger and more aggressive, areas are polluted, etc.).

If Mallorie isn't quite your cup of tea and you would prefer to play with someone with stronger top-energy, Noemie can be substituted as more of a leader/protector.
LADY OF THE MANOR
Historical, Age Gap, Mother-in-law [Y/C] x Daughter-in-law [Y/C], Forbidden Romance, Dubious Consent
At a glance ‧ An older noblewoman seduces her son's young wife.

Setting England sometime between the years 1800-1920

Characters
  • Lady Emily Harper - The fifth child of the Harper family, title holders of the Marquess of Ashworth. Emily recently married Y/Cs son after debuting last season, and is about to move into Y/C's home.
  • Dowager Lady [Y/C] - The widow of a Duke, Count, or similar titled lord, and mother to Emily's new husband. The dowager lady basically rules the household Emily finds herself entering into, and young Emily is far too intimidated to try and assert any control.
Story
Recently wed Emily has come to live with her new husband's family on their estate after spending the remainder of the season in London. [Y/C] is the husband's mother, who wants what is best for her son, and wants to take Emily under her proverbial wing to ensure the house is well cared for later on. However, [Y/C] soon realizes that while Emily married for duty, she has little interest in men, a trait [Y/C] coincidentally shares. With her husband long passed, [Y/C] decides there's no harm in having a little fun...and possibly more.

Alternative
This story can also take place in other time periods, but some key things I want to keep are the social hierarchy that puts Emily and [Y/C] in an odd relationship where technically Emily has apparent authority, but [Y/C] has the actual authority.
LADIES OF DIFFERING STATIONS
Historical, Noble [M/C] x Commoner [Y/C], Forbidden Romance, Dubious Consent, D/S, Role Reversal
At a glance ‧ A new maid seduces and dominates her lady.

Setting England sometime between the years 1800-1920

Characters
  • Lady Emily Harper - The fifth child of the Harper family, title holders of the Marquess of Ashworth. Emily has recently debuted amongst the other ladies her age and is busy trying to find a suitable husband. The problem, of course, is that she finds she has virtually no interest in men.
  • New Maid [Y/C] - A newly arrived maid in the household, possibly a lady's maid for Emily or another of the family.
Story
The Harper family lives in their ancestral manor house near the fictional town of Brookside, located somewhere along the southern coast of the Bristol Channel. [Y/C] is a newly hired lady's maid for Emily, meant to replace another who recently departed for one reason or another, or may be another maid working the large household. [Y/C] comes to realize that Emily's lack of interest in men is more than just Victorian manners, and in turn Emily realizes that [Y/C] seems to have taken an interest in her. Whether by accident or orchestrated, the two soon realize their attraction to each other.

During the day [Y/C] is the obedient maid, helpfully waiting on Emily and her family's every need like a demure lady of service should; but in private things switch, and it is [Y/C] that gives Emily orders. Trouble is, both find themselves quickly addicted to each other, but have to struggle to hide their antics from Emily's family and the rest of the staff.

Alternative
This story can also take place at other time periods, but part of the interest to me is the public/private role switch dynamic, so it would need to be a situation in which publicly [Y/C] is required to appear more subservient, while privately it's mine.
THE VIP'S BODYGUARD
Modern, Bodyguard [M/C] x VIP [Y/C], Slow-Burn
At a glance ‧ A bodyguard to a person of high importance makes the ultimate mistake and falls in love with her charge.

Setting Real world, modern day.

Characters
  • Noemie Auclair - Noemie has been assigned to protect [Y/C]; she may work for a national police force, or be hired out by a private security company.
  • VIP [Y/C] - Your character is a high-value target. They might be a politician, CEO, or in a similar role, and their life has been threatened. Even better if [Y/C] is not the politician/CEO but is instead their daughter or a relation.
Story
Noemie is a talented member of law enforcement that finds herself assigned to protect a VIP. While at first it seems like this is going to be a rather boring assignment protecting someone who is in no danger, at least one credible threat comes in, and shortly into the assignment a well-funded group tries to assassinate or capture [Y/C]. The story revolves around the tenuous balance of Noemie trying to keep [Y/C] safe, while navigating emerging feelings for each other. While the initial assassination attempt fails, they aren't in the clear, and the assailants will surely try again...

As Noemie and [Y/C] attempt to find safety they might have to lay low or adopt disguises to survive, all situations that will put them in close proximity and force them to step over the lines their original roles would require. Will it just be to survive, or will the two find they rather like the more intimate relationship?

Though optional, a version of this story I am very eager to play is where your character is a princess of some kind (ideally in the Modern Royalty setting), who is in line to rule her country some day soon...assuming Noemie can keep her safe.

Alternative
This story can come in a number of different flavors:
  • Time period - The story can take place in most any time period with minimal modification.
  • Modern Royalty - I would love to incorporate the Modern Royalty setting wherein your character is a royal in need of protection.
  • Supernaturals - The setting could have supernatural creatures (vampires, werewolves, etc.) living amongst humans.
  • Secret Societies - Inspired by spy thrillers, the world might be otherwise normal but secretly controlled by powerful hidden societies.
MAGICAL SCHOOL (WIP)
Modern, Alternate-Earth, Magical School
At a glance ‧ Exploring the budding relationship between two students at a magical college.

Setting Alternative Earth, modern day, magical college.

Characters
  • Two students from various backgrounds that have the sensitivity necessary to become students of magic. This idea focuses more on where it is happening than who it is happening to.
Story
IN PROGRESS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom