All This is me

Lorril

Baron
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:43 PM
Pronouns
he/him
I have a moderate level of online role-play experience, and a background in D&D during my teen years many many many moons ago. I tend to gravitate towards quest and journey type role-plays; the setting can vary: historical, magical worlds of various kinds, contemporary settings. I enjoy working in references to actual or invented ancient cultures or languages to the role-plays, and I also enjoy developing the lore and wisdom of whatever setting we have created. I will do the research I need to to do to keep writing well, but I will freely admit that I am happy to not be thorough.

Having said all that, I am also intrigued by "slice of life" RPs between oddly paired characters, with a weakness for romance though not a lot of interest in acting out sex play. I am mainly interested in connecting with men or male characters, as well as non-binary characters.

I find that I prefer a mix of description and dialogue in the writing that I do, which I know affects the writing schedule.

I'm a great reader of magical realism novels: Naguib Mahfouz, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, etc. I also read cyberpunk and fantasy with Guy Gavriel Kay as an especially favoured author.

I have played, human, anthro (bear and wolf) and elven characters in the past.

On other sites, I have tended to stick to one short paragraph written at a time, but on here I have been writing anywhere from 500 to 1000 words at a time, depending on where we are in the action. I reply quickly to my partner's posts in general. The experience of writing collaboratively is very important to me. I don't like to plan out stories generally speaking, preferring to work out the evolution of the story together. Having said that, I do enjoy the world building phase as we prepare a story together.

A good measure of violence is fine with me, but I am not interested in anything that demeans or "dehumanizes" or makes others feel "less than". So torture is out, as is any kind of psychological abuse.

I do not write fandoms. At this point, I am writing a low fantasy noir detective fiction, and have begun a post-apocalyptic magic vs tech story. I do not have particular ideas or settings in addition to those, but would be very happy to hear what others have in mind, or join up with somebody else's story.

Generally, I play male characters. I'd be interested in building up a half-elven character some time in an appropriate context.

THanks,

Lorril

Last edited:
I should add that my professional formation is in Western European medieval philosophy and culture, which influences a lot of the ways I write and think about stories.

Back
Top Bottom