Looking to share in stories.

Currently reading:
Looking to share in stories.

Steel Accord

Baron
Local time
Today 11:21 PM
Hello,

I'd introduce myself by name but going by the "no personal information" rule, my username should suffice. Online it may as well be my name with how many sites I use it on. It comes from Miyamoto Musashi's "the pen and sword, in accord." Always made much more sense to me than "the pen is mightier than the sword." That should at least give you an idea of what I value and how I see things.

Not sure how I'd describe my writing style. I can say that I do have some reoccurring themes and ideas. Culture clash, spirituality, old-fashioned values, internal conflict, rebellion being presented in the negative, among others. I look forward to writing with you all.

Last edited:
Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Welcome to Inner Sanctum! I do hope you enjoy it here! :)

And I quite agree... "The Pen and Sword, in accord", is a much better phrase. ;)

I know right? One's basically admitting weakness while the other advises to be a master of multiple realms.
Precisely! Why have the two, dare I say, 'penned' against one another when they would be stronger working side by side... (It sounded waaay better in my mind, but I don't believe in a keystroke wasted and I'm going to post this anyhow. :p)

Precisely! Why have the two, dare I say, 'penned' against one another when they would be stronger working side by side... (It sounded waaay better in my mind, but I don't believe in a keystroke wasted and I'm going to post this anyhow. :p)

You got the idea. Musashi was a samurai after all and like any classically trained samurai, he was educated in mental disciplines like history, poetry, calligraphy, as well as swordsmanship. (Of which he was probably among the greatest in human history.)

In fact as a calligrapher, he'd probably agree with you with not wasting a keystroke because with calligraphy you can't take back a stroke or erase.

Back
Top Bottom