Unspecified LostMetal's constant roleplay request!

Currently reading:
Unspecified LostMetal's constant roleplay request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostMetal

Mean of production
Local time
Today 7:58 AM
Greetings,

I'll be quick here because there's a lot below! So, basically, I'm a very open minded and flexible roleplayer. So long as there's a interesting universe/setting, and so good story, I'm down for anything.

• The "unspecified" part of the request may already have told you that, but I feel like pointing it out anyway, I'm open to roleplaying with anyone. With guys or girls, playing as guys, or girls. Just play whatever characters you want with me, you can be sure I won't mind a bit.
  • Write as much as you want. The more, the better, but I won't be mad if you don't feel inspired and write a one-paragraph answer (just don't let it be like this for every answer!)
  • Life comes before roleplay! It generally takes some time for me to respond to roleplays... If I have to take longer breaks, I'll warn you, but generally, just know that I may take a week -sometimes more- to respond... Of course, I'll always be perfectly understanding for you taking your time to respond and taking breaks too, don't worry about that!
  • English is not my main language, but I'm doing my best. I hope you'll do too! I prefer to roleplay writing in third person, by the way. Having partners that roleplay in first person is fine, I suppose, but I won't do it, personally.
  • I don't mind smut, even though I am not actively searching for it... Although I'm here for new universes and settings, plots and stories... So you know, adult content can be fun, but don't make it the main point of the roleplay!
  • I love to see a story evolve, I love to see characters grow (for the better, or worse... Hehehe). And most importantly, I LOOOVE to just create universes on the fly, making a deeper and deeper lore as we go further in roleplays. If you are like this too, please please please come!
  • I'm open to OOC discussions, and actually encourage it. If you want to coordinate scenarios and stuff, that's what we need to do.
  • I love weird characters, really. By weird characters I don't mean quirky or mad people (although I can like them to sometimes!), I mean physically speaking. Aliens, mutants, weird things like that (I have a soft spot for lizards too!) If you want to use characters like these, don't be scared, I won't mind! Also, of course, I can still play with human and other human-like type of characters.
  • I like using pictures, art and stuff to illustrate elements of the roleplay. If you feel like sending some too, don't hesitate.

"But what kind of roleplays could we have together?" I hear you ask. Well, here are some universes I really carve for:

• Science-fiction: May it be sci-fantasy or hard sci-fi; in the close future of a cyberpunk or post-apoc setting, or the far far future of a space-opera, I'm a sucker of science-fiction in general!
  • Fantasy and other medieval stuff: Elves, Dwarves, magic and dragons, that kind of thing. Of course we can have a twist on the usual medieval fantasy setting too if you wish so.
  • Deep-ish lore: Look, in truth, it can be anything... But if we set up a good lore as we go, then I'm going to adore this, probably.
  • Gimmicky setting: Something that makes a setting stand out, beyond just being sci-fi or fantasy... A Space Opera except it draws a lot of inspiration from the Western genre, a classic Heroic Fantasy story with all of the clichés, except it's in a world entirely covered in water, etc.
[Note about fandoms: I don't mind, but I rarely look for roleplays taking place in existing setting/franchises... Usually. If said universe has enough sway for freedom, if I like said universe and if I know about it (obviously), then I guess it could be ok. For instance, Warhammer 40K, Mass Effect or something set in Tamriel (The Elder Scrolls) could work!]

Because I'm so hellbent on making up universes, I don't really have set scenarios like many people do, but I have some settings to offer... They are just here to give you an idea of what I like, but if you want we can still roleplay in these, or take inspiration from them! Here are some:

"May a kingdom rule over a few square hectares of land, or countless galaxies; may it exist for a few weeks, or for eternity eons, the problems it faces are always the same..."

1633036658986.png
Art by Sparth

The Kingdom sees all. The Kingdom knows all... Or so they say. But one thing is sure... The Kingdom rules all. Galaxy, every system, every planet known by the intergalactic civilization is under the rule of the One and Only Kingdom, simply referred to as Kingdom, and it has been the case for millennia upon millennia... For so long that none can remember a time before the Kingdom. But of course, things aren't that simple...

A single body, even something as powerful as the Kingdom cannot directly rule over the virtually infinite systems, worlds, and species that inhabit these... Instead, while some areas like the Core or strategic location around interstellar jump points are directly ruled upon by the Throne, many of the inhabited worlds are merely surveyed, given autonomy so long as they don't openly speak against their King. Wars and conquests can happen between worlds that supposedly belong to the same Kingdom, and due to its sheer size as well as the nature of space travel and communication, without its ruler knowing before it is all over... This leads to the Kingdom actually being closer to a feudal system, where some more or less independent lords rule over their own territories so long as they don't go against the King's will...

It is a universe action, of drama, from pirates and raiders on the edges of civilizations to wars between minor kingdoms, to even the intense rivalries between the Noble Families of the Capital World, trying to get a hold of the throne for their own lineage... It is a universe in turmoil, full of dangers... And opportunities. A universe full of adventures...

"Did you hear? Armmata took over Tharsis Rise on Mars with some crazy investments. Investments in what? Oh just a couple-dozen of private armies..."

daryl-mandryk-mechsketch34545.jpg
Art by Daryl Mandryk

1969, man makes his first steps on the moon. 1980, the first short-term colony is established on it, and a couple of years later, humanity walks on Mars. By 2042, humanity is theoretically able to land on any planet, in the system (granted that they are not gaseous)... But the great powers that led to the first steps in the space race could not sustain this race. Tensions between the superpowers dwindled, leading to a lack of interest in the space race. The economy itself had been near-collapsing after several energy crises, and most nations, even on Earth, have been losing influence to private entities instead.

We are in 2080, this is the Golden Age of Space Colonisation. The first probes are being sent to distant stars, but most of the business here is done in the solar system. Long-term colonies have been established on most of the Solar System's planets, growing a healthy populace. Companies and corporations now fight for land to expand upon on these worlds, where more people would settle, and where resources could live. But this golden age is also an age of war... For these companies settle disputes for these lands in battle.

Under the United Earth's legislation, private entities cannot have a security force large enough to actually fight wars, meaning that they instead rely on private armies, and thus, it is also a golden age for mercenaries. Countless PMCs rush to the many battlefields of the solar system, fighting for the best pay... And it is in this era that our story begins, may it be about its common people, corporate executives, representatives of dwindling nations on Earth, or a mercenary.

I'm currently re-writing these...

I could add more ideas or change some details in this thread later, but that's mostly it. Feeling like roleplaying with me? Send me a message and we'll talk about this! If you are interested, DM me.

I hope I'll see ya soon!

Last edited:
Bump. Apparently you have to bump when you update? Anyway pretty much changed a lot of things since I created this thread (in less than a week lol), and just learned how to use spoilers...!

Bump again! Minor updates, better look (with more spoilers to be more readable), and a new scenario, "Venerable Mechs" (yeah I love Battletech a lot)!

You greatly spark my interest and I have a character idea you may like.

I have a character if you're still taking roleplays~

Would love to do an rp with my dark elf/dragon hybrid with you or even my space mer (mer that inhabits space not the water)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom