Unspecified Melrose's Request Corner

Currently reading:
Unspecified Melrose's Request Corner

Melrose

Serf
Local time
Today 8:04 AM
About a Girl:
  • I've been on a roleplay hiatus for a few years now, but I love writing and only stopped writing cooperatively fairly recently. There's a lot of inspiration bouncing around in my head I'd love to get down on (figurative) paper!
  • This is the first time I've been on a dedicated roleplay server, so forgive me if I get turned around and mess some technicalities up. The actual roleplay part should go fine, though I'm likely a bit rusty.
  • I tend to match the amount my partner writes, whether that be a couple of lines or a quasi-novella. Flexibility is something I like in a partner and I try to act likewise; if you'd like to negotiate anything, don't be afraid to talk to me about it!
  • Life is busy, for me and I'm sure you as well. I'm fine with my partner not replying every day, but if you're going to be gone for a week or more a heads-up would be appreciated! If I'm gone for a similar amount of time I'll be sure to give a warning as well.
  • I'd love to get to know my partner, so I'd love to talk OOC and out of planning if you're up for it! But if not that's good and well too, as long as we're still able to talk to collaborate on the roleplay.
  • Lastly (before getting into the meat of things), my timezone is Central (-6 UTC) so my replies may seem very early or late compared to yours. Timezone differences don't bother me, but I know others have issues with it so I feel it's best to go ahead and lay that on the table!
General RP Details:
  • I don't like to focus on smut (not knocking it, just not my jam), but I think some elements getting involved would be fine to me. I'm certainly more in this for the story than anything!
  • As for roles, I can play more than one character at a time and can play guys, gals, and nonbinary pals. I'm female though have no preference, but please let me know if you do (both for yourself and my character).
  • I'm not sure I'd be any good with fandom roleplays due to not getting involved in fandom stuff because I live under a rock. If you'd like to work in elements of a show, comic, etc into the roleplay I'll most likely be up for it, just let me know and we can talk about it! Just be patient with me if I don't get it right off the bat, please.
  • Something I know that has bothered people in the past is that I love working in side characters/plots, so just a warning. If you're cool with it though, I encourage you to add some in as well!
  • I prefer using third person in my replies but can use present or past tense depending on what my partner likes. Just let me know which you'd rather use!
Storylines, Plots, Themes and More:
  • I adore fantasy, both high and low. This isn't a must for me however; I'm up for going more 'grounded' if you'd rather keep away from the mystical.
  • Romance is good and fun, but not a must for me! Our characters don't even have to like each other platonically as long as there's general interaction between them (I personally love it when two people roast each other repeatedly).
  • I'm up for pretty much anything since you can make loads of plots fun with a little work. Talk with me about something you're in the mood for and we can talk about specifics
Characters:
  • I'm most likely going to make a different character for all roleplays I'm in unless I have a character lying around I want to use (usually because the roleplay I used them for died out and I didn't get to play around with them as much as I would've liked). Whether or not you make a new OC is all up to you, all I ask is that they remotely fit what is going on in the story.
  • I won't mind if you have a character that has a dark backstory or anything like mental illness as long as you handle it well. I can't describe how much it bothers me when someone uses a character's depression to make you pity them (and 'have love heal their depression' or something similar), or uses anxiety (or ADHD, bipolar disorder, etc...) as a 'cute little quirk'. I'm not asking you to study for 15 years or anything if you're portraying someone who's neuro-divergent, but I beg of you to at least try to treat it maturely. I noticed this got a bit wordy and I apologize, but it's a very touchy topic to me and just want to make myself clear where I stand on the topic. Hopefully this doesn't come off as rude, as that wasn't my intention!
I have no 'concrete' storylines yet, but if you're interested in roleplaying feel free to PM me and we can talk things over! Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to making some cool stories with you all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom