Unspecified Mio's Request for Aid. (Door Open.)

Currently reading:
Unspecified Mio's Request for Aid. (Door Open.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MioBrave

Changeling, Hydrator and Aura Reader!
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 7:10 AM
Pronouns
They/He/She
Me
My preferred name is Mio. I'm gender-fluid and pretty comfortable with myself, so any pronouns are fine. I work weekday morning shifts at my job mainly, but I do occasionally work doubles, including trivia on Tuesdays. I tend to stay up pretty late usually, though sometimes after work I just wanna chill.
I'm very shy and get overwhelmed easily. It's exactly like introducing a cat to someone new. Give me time to warm up and respond please.
There is two more things I do want to explain and note though.
I have adhd; I bounce between hobbies like crazy. I have a lot of things I enjoy doing and I post about them frequently to my art thread and writing portfolio. So, sometimes it might take me longer to respond to an ongoing story, but you'll still see me in chat or posting to other things. If you ever feel like I'm losing interest or something, please just tell me or ask. Because, that's probably not going to be the case.
I also have been having really bad depression spills for over a year now, due to some personal things. They come and go as they please, and sometimes they demotivate me for a whole month. I'm worried about this happening with potential stories and partners, and that you'll be left wondering if I'm even still on site. First, I'll probably always be in chat in some way, but also you could always reach out and ask. Though, hopefully if I know a response is going to take longer, then I'll remember to give you a heads up as to why. But, sometimes my doubts and social anxiety stop me from hitting send or even typing a message for long periods of time.
Basically, I'm not going to require any specific time frames for responses, and I hope you won't require any of me either. I want to be fully invested in a wonderful story, but I want us both to be able to work on it when we're feeling it and not force it.

About How I Write
I'm not new to role-playing; it's been a while since I've had a good writing partner though. Sometimes I take a while to respond, because I work most mornings and have a lot of hobbies. In the past this lead to my last partner taking our joint characters and making them do absurd things out of character, which is why I stopped for a while. I probably don't have to ask, but please be patient with me.
No gender preference. Just create characters you'll enjoy being.
I'm ok with spicy flirting, but I won't write smut at all. Things of sexual nature are very private in my world. I fluster and get overwhelmed by them very easily.
I enjoying writing huge paragraphs full of detail, but I also really love dialog. Just write however much you're comfortable with. I can control multiple characters pretty well as needed. Even multiple main characters, though I prefer we each have just one so it's easier to focus on them. I can and will write third person, but I also adjust well if we take turns in first person. Like, a chapter or two where your character is narrating the world they see it, and then a chapter or two from a different point of view.
I've started a writing portfolio in Bard's Tales of you'd like a taste of my writing style before writing with me.
Something I've realized I need to put here. Yes, this is a hobby, but it's extremely important to me. I invest a whole lot into all of my writing. I world build and develop a lot, and I keep everything organized and linked where it can be accessed and referenced more easily. If you don't like making character sheets and world building threads, then we probably won't work as partners. And, if you don't like reading long passages of information to digest, then again, we probably shouldn't write together. As you can tell by this RT, I try to be very thorough when presenting information. I try to leave people with most common questions already answered. I need someone who's comfortable reading through things like this and processing them.
Last thing: I am a method actor and an Empath. I take scenes probably way too seriously. Every character I play is an extension of me; I feel every little emotion. It gets really intense sometimes, but the writing I produce because of it makes me so proud. I just feel the need to place this warning, because partners in the past have had problems with this. Because, I will get upset as the character and need to cry as myself to get that out. It's never anything personal against my partner though. Please don't take it that way. I do know we aren't our characters.

Genres
I mainly write Fantasy worlds, with lots of magic and races. Think D&D, which I take heavy inspiration from. I do tend to world-build a lot, which often leans me towards slice of life stories. I love adventures though. I don't want anyone to feel stuck in a time period, so feel free to give an elf a computer if you'd like. I do love Romance, but we don't have to be romantic. Just give me any kind of quality bond with your character, and please don't rush it. Though, if you play a "bad guy" with a redemption arch; you're straight after my heart.
I love Anime and Manga. I particularly like Isekai or those stories where the character's life changes suddenly. I love Magical Girls, though I've not written any stories with them yet. I love monster girls. Not really in any sexual way, more of a "I really want to give this creature love, because everyone treats them different but they're a person damn it." I love Rags to riches, Kingdoms, Nobility, Loyal Guards.
How dark can we get? How dark do you want to get? Make me feel something. Describe it all if you want. Blood, physical pain, how the wounds happened, mental distress, depression, abuse physical and mental, trauma. Whatever we need to add for the story so long as it isn't just shoe-horned in. Make it make sense. Slowly unveil a backstory. Show me a slow decline. But, please don't just place it there like a character trait. I will say though, I'm not comfortable with torture. You can imply it, but I'd rather a fade to black on that one. The same with self harm; describe the wounds after the fact, blood and all. Just not as they happen if they're gonna get bloody. Something about blades being done slow and intentional is very unnerving, which is the point but- Maybe it'd just be better to discus these things first before writing if you'd like them to happen.
I haven't physically written any Fandom/Fanfics in a very long time. However, I do like using premade universes on occasion. Pokemon is a big one. I eventually do want to explore the Monster Prom universe by Beautiful Glitch. We could definitely us the D&D lore in a universe to make things easier. I am in a lot of fandoms, but I'm unsure if I'd like to write a story involving cannon characters too heavily. I'd more just like to place our characters in those worlds, and us be the main characters.

How My Characters Most Often Are
I am by no means a bold person, so it is often times difficult for me to write a bold character. I've had a few gemstones that I've managed, but I could probably count them on one hand.
I love shy or secluded characters which open up over time. I also really love bubbly, seemingly naive characters who are friendly and seem clueless. I could play a quality tsundere. And, grumpy jerks who are actually very protective and loving are a favorite of mine. Emotional baggage is my favorite thing to give a character. I try to give my characters some level of smarts and/or wisdom. I can be human if that's what the story needs, but I love playing non-human races.
I can try to fill in any character as needed though.

Current Cravings or Plans on Standby:
I have an inn of characters, some of which are still looking for their stories! So, if you like to start with these characters and go from there, that'd be a goo place to start!

Up for adoption is a story which didn't even get past the first post. (The person simply got busy with life.) I've edited the original title and description to be more blank, since they were originally customized to my potential writing partner. If we pick this up and start planning to write it, I will edit it again to be customized to you. I'll leave the links to both the thread I had started for the story and the character that I want to play in it. But, that's really all there is to it at the moment. I meant for the rest of it to be developed with my partner.

One of note on standby is a male witch idea I had. I don't really mind what we do with him, but he's fully fleshed out. His backstory is vague enough to be puzzle pieced where ever we need him. Though, I guess to forewarn, I define the different kinds of magic casters differently. So, in my brain, witches aren't just female, and they aren't really occult to me. Occult is more blood rituals to me, which would either be a Cultist or a Warlock. Witches do more nature based magic, is how I've always seen them. So, more in the potions and herbal cure side of things. Here's his character sheet.

This idea came to mind while in conversation one day: An author who spends their time romanticizing the world as if from afar, until someone pulls and mixes them back up into reality. Flustering, silly, bubbly. I can imagine a lot of emotions for a story like that, even sad or harmful ones for them to grow from.

Meet cute!: You're a server running food, and you round a corner too fast, directly into someone. But they're a server too. So you both instinctually grasp the tray of food before it can actually fall. But, it is the only thing keeping you a foot from having crashed into each other, followed by startled eye contact.

I've also started doing vague quotes on my profile page for characters who don't exist yet. So, if you aren't sure where we should start, you could pick one the speaks to you. And, we can wing it from there.

I am kind of craving some romance of sort, any genders, but none is necessary.
I also eventually want to try a story or scene where two strangers kiss thinking they'll never see each other again. I just want to see how it plays out.

And, I would really like to write a story where we take turns in the first person, get your characters thoughts then get mine. I just want to bounce back and forth like that, but no pressure or particular need.
We do not have to go with any of these ideas. This is just all I have on standby currently that I can think of. I could probably dig through my thirty google docs for more if needed. We can also build from scratch!

Something I'd like to note here! A book cover aspect is something I kind of want to do for all my stories when I first start them. I guess it seems kind of silly, but I want to look at the story me and whichever partner are brewing and describe a book cover for it, linking to any character sheets or world building threads. Making all our links would be easier to find for us any time we need to reference them. It'd be the first post before the actual starter, which either of us could still be the first to write. I'd just like a little table of contents at the front in case we need it.

I think that's it. So, please reach out if any of this is of interest. We can talk it all out and build a story together. One where we're both comfortable and can have all the feels and fun. Please send me your RT as well, so that I can see your writing preferences as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom