Character(s) Original Characters||1x1

Currently reading:
Character(s) Original Characters||1x1

(Human x Mermaid)

☽B a s i c I n f o r m a t i o n☾

Full Name : Nerina

Nickname(s) : Nera

It's unknown the exact calculation between that of mermaid and human years. However, Nera has claimed that she has reached the age in which she is considered a young adult in both her species and human years.

Sexuality : Heterosexual

Race/Heritage : Mermaid
Nera is considered a Tropical Mermaid. Tropical mermaids live in tropical waters that stay warm year-round. They have a very large variety of colors. Their tails may be bright and flashy to blend in with the foliage and coral. They can also mimic the color of tropical reef fish; such as a clownfish. Tropical mermaids are omnivores. They are even able to go through transformation - being able to descale and have their tail turn into that of human legs to stroll about. However, the transformation varies with age and is usually limited to hours as they can easily become dehydrated. With this, they are able to add such things as fruit and other vegetation to their diet. Tropical mermaids are built for camouflage so they typically have a lot of fins and other decoration. Their tails are long, though not nearly as much of that of the Deep Sea Mermaids. The have gills that are located on either side of the neck; which like their tail and scales, can retract when on land. Though as thin as they are, they usually go unnoticed. Tropical Mermaids are somewhat slow and very wary of their surroundings and typically stay within their cluster.

Current Location : Tasman Sea

Place of Birth : Coral Sea just off the coast of Queensland Australia

However, when on land, Nera does tend to pickpocket as a means to get human currency for things she may desire that are not close to her reach.

☽P e r s o n a l i t y☾

Curious, stubborn, observant, intelligent, sneaky, aloof

|Likes|
Warm weather, thunderstorms, sweets (though she can't have too many), coconut water, tuna, berries, shiny objects, people watching, star gazing

|Dislikes|
Being antagonized, pollution, the cold

|Fears|
Being captured

☽A p p e a r a n c e☾

Face Claim : Phoebe Tonkin
2830bd408bd84c1d766ee79c7bef1d23.jpg
Appearance Description : Nerina is a mermaid of average weight and height. She's fairly long, while she has her tail. Her scales give off a golden/yellowish glow when light is reflected off of them. She has a slender hourglass frame. When in her mermaid form, most of her body is exposed from her hips up; scales cover her breasts and her gills are on either side of her neck. She appears to be rather thin and healthy. Her physique overall is small and most of her features are sharp, having matured with age.

Hair Color & Style : Dark brown, often appearing black. Stops about mid-back, choppy, and has soft waves as her bangs are parted down the middle of her head.

Eye Color : Amber

Skin Tone : Warm, olive

Body Type : Mesomorph, slender, hourglass

Tail : Golden

☽R e l a t i o n s h i p s☾

Important Relationships

[Friend : Aedre, 35]
Nera and Aedre have known each other for a few years now. Aedre came to Nera's rescue when she was trapped in a net. Aedre is extremely protective of Nera, seeing her like that of her birth sister. Aedre has shown signs that she may be a Siren - though never has she done such acts in front of Nera out of fear of scaring her. Aedre has extreme hate for humans after several took to killing her mate.

☽R o l e p l a y S p e c i f i c I n f o r m a t i o n☾
-FEa82DC6hBRRqc8ciQWD24F8K_EVI8hHDR77ZkRmQGvuZF2jQJkmzWilaTaXA6YEfiL3VdP9icA3GwkvJZn6BpaZ6xnICYqVrzM0jMWndTLqq50cwqoIcs0u0skLr7Dcjrz7k2C

Rd0OLT6QzMQEebXC0o3aelyxEoU4SfRLHFZn_fIkCC5WUhnB1FFwXo4XnRoZ5R-FIDF8kZjlz0JRhKhFsYnSaU_kgvIk-09Tm25qmdjeFkAZhc4gj73Bast_BmIRHe1u7bM79Gcs
  • Mermaids are usually docile and timid.

• Aggressive Mermaids are known as Sirens.

• Sirens are manipulative and adaptable hunters who usually take to hunting humans, men more specifically. They usually use mimic techniques of voices that sound familiar to their prey or a cry for help.

• Mermaids avoid humans at all costs though they are curious by nature.

• There are more mermaids than mermen.

• Merfolk are extremely protective of their own - Sirens included.

• Merfolk have been known to mate for life.

• Merfolk are attracted to shiny objects and have a habit of stealing such objects.

• Mermaids, and merfolk, in general, are alluring physically.

• Under the light reflected through the water, their skin reveals shimmering scales often matching that of their tails though it's not uncommon for it not to.

• Usually, when threatened, they will hiss and flash their fangs. Their eyes may even become slit.

• They are sensitive to light and sounds as their senses are enhanced.

• They may turn to transformation, descaling and growing legs where their fins were; they are limited by this. Usually only able to last for a few hours before needing to return to the water. Young adults tend to last the longest, where children and older merfolk do not due to experience and age.

• If out of the water for too long, they will begin to show signs of dehydration. Usually, their skin will become flaky and lethargic. In prolonged exposure, it will not take long before a mermaid is unresponsive and will die.

Back
Top Bottom