Group RP Past the Event Horizon - OOC & Characters

Currently reading:
Group RP Past the Event Horizon - OOC & Characters

weemanv1

Cleanse my soul with napalm
Local time
Today 2:46 PM
Here we go, a nice thread for ooc chatter, plotting, characters, and the like. I'll keep this post updated as information comes in. So it's going to be a little blank until I get all the info and whatnot copied and pasted over here.

Hey, you can copy images and just paste them in, that saves time!

The RP Thread: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/past-the-event-horizon.9544/

The Plot/Premise:
Two parallel universes have lived side by side unbeknownst to one another, a realm ruled by science and one ruled by magic. Today that all changed. The two worlds collided, merging together in a spectacular and unforeseen event to create one world, one universe where the two forces could coexist in harmony. Or so the powers that be had hoped.

These two realms were quite similar, but ultimately ruled by two different forces: science and magic. The realm of science was much like the world we all know and live in and was thereby dubbed the mortal realm whereas the realm of magic while modern contained fantastic beings and power at a person's fingertips. This was thus dubbed the mythic realm. Needless to say, the two had problems integrating, but this was only one of many problems.

It happened instantly in a flash of light, but with two full populations coming together, some had to be left behind. Loved ones simply vanished. They were there before and gone the next. Some were replaced by strangers with pointed ears or fangs or multiple limbs. Chaos spread immediately throughout the entire world. Many world leaders were able to come to a conclusion of what was going on just upon meeting their new peers, but they could not come to a conclusion on how to deal with it. The mortal realm was not well prepared for a magical "invasion" as some put it but were too stubborn to listen to the leaders of the mythic realm as to how they handled such power and the responsibility that came with it.

On the streets it was mass panic. No one knew what to do. The world appeared to take cities and locations from both realms and put them together like a mismatched puzzle. Many of the mortal realm were frightened and unnerved of the new denizens even if they were harmless. It was unfortunately the not so harmless and not so friendly ones that were going to ruin it for everyone as they saw this as a new world with no rules upon which they could make their mark.

Magic now flowed through the air and it had an interesting effect on some members of the mortal realm. They were changing. Developing abilities that they never had before or other physical mutations began to appear. Some were extreme, others not so much. They differed from magic as well as these abilities did not require any specific reagents to utilize. Of course, it simply added to the mayhem as now those of the mortal realm could partake in these superhuman criminal acts.

Now, while there were those who chose to use their abilities for evil, others existed who were far more benevolent. Maybe someone would stand up and fight back to protect the innocent.

The Characters:
Name: Kayla Crystin
Race: Sudden Shapeshifter (Human before)
Realm of Origin: Science Realm
Appearance: Short-haired dark-brown haired and light-brown eyed Filipino girl. About 5'2 and is typically wearing a plaid shirt and jeans.
Powers/Abilities: Shapeshifting
History: Kayla was a normal college student and a natural overthinker. All that mattered to her was to get her Bachelor's degree and get a job as a therapist. Though things changed when the realms collided.
She started to get pains every now and then, and she could have sworn that she heard herself growl like a lion and her teeth looked sharper at times. It was until one night, in her dorm, that she felt pains all around her body. It was as if the very essence and DNA or Kayla was shifting everywhere, which it was. She rushed to the bathroom only to see half her face like one of a tiger's and the other spotty and red. Her eyes were bird like her hands were becoming more claw-like. Naturally, she had heard of people experiencing radical changes from the news but she never expected herself to be the one of the many to be affected so drastically. She tried to will herself to look back to her regular self, but it hurt so tremendously. Her skin felt as if it was one fire but it worked.
Now Kayla's trying her best to hide every time she accidently grows a tail or her eyes turn completely black while avoiding all the magical talk and events going on. Which is much harder than it sounds.
Name: Scott Tyson

Race: Human

Realm of Origin: Mortal realm

Appearance: Scott stands at about 5'7" with a lean, slightly muscular build to him. He has long, wavy brown hair that falls to about his shoulders and brown eyes. While working his hair is usually pulled back into a ponytail and he's wearing a cap with the company's logo on it. Keeps clean shaven.

Powers/Abilities: Scott has come to have various animal-traits including enhanced strength, speed, and senses as well as fangs and retractable claws. His metabolism is heightened and he occasionally has some strong instinctual feelings.

History: Scott has lived a fairly normal life, having moved to Oakwood from his home in Toronto at a young age along with his parents and sister. Since graduating high school he has found his own apartment to live in and works a warehouse job in shipping & receiving. Until the day of the merge where he's suddenly been feeling…overwhelmed to say the least.
Name: Velatha Ithruen

Race: Elvhen

Realm of Origin: Mythic

Appearance:
6a73f875adc4e903cae4606f6cd7127f.jpg
2062a5d09f13acbac135c28ab4ee64c8.jpg

• she is about 5 foot 7 inches tall
  • she has a slim but athletic build
  • usually is wearing something along the lines of
    wood_elf__female__by_conceptopolis_d5rsja3-pre.jpg

Powers/Abilities: Vel is an elemental, however she specializes in water/water healing. She has the ability to manipulate other elements, however she only knows how to manipulate water at this point in time. She uses a staff for combat, however she doesn't have to use it to manipulate elements--it just makes it a little easier.

History: Velatha grew up with her clan traveling throughout the woods of the Mythic realm. Her powers are unique within her clan; most of her clan mates had the ability to time travel/move objects with their minds/telekinesis. Vel's powers appeared when she was 13, and she has been studying ever since. In the 7 years of her education, she has only mastered water manipulation with a specialization in healing.
Name: Uthando Ekile
Realm of Origin: Mortal

Appearance: Standing 5'11", Uthando bears shabby white hair that its in tangled locks with the occasional streak hanging in front of his face. He bears a short yet grizzly beard along his jawline. He is of average build.

Powers/Abilities: Uthando shares his conscious with a shadow that rises up from his shadow and stands behind him at all times. He is not entirely sure of its capabilities but so far he has found it to mimic his motions in combat, allowing him to surprise unaware enemies who dodge the swing of his sword but are then met with a blade made of pure darkness shortly after. He is not completely sure, but there is a chance he can send his shadow further behind him and switch positions with it within the blink of an eye, having a shadow instead in his original place for much safer combat as it continues to mimic his combative movements. He struggles to control this at times as it acts sporadically and instead acts as its own entity at times and splits off from Uthando, making him no different than any other regular mortal.

History: Uthando was happily married to the love of his life, Higeki. The two were successful writers and build the foundations of their wealth though the writing of stories that had creatures and powers that no one had ever heard of. They would write of magnificent beasts that would guard the gate to the world and other such fantasies. It was when the merge happened, and their lives were torn from each other. There was a bright flash and when Uthando opened his eyes, Higeki was no more. In her place, was part of another building as they became a jumbled mess from the process of worlds colliding.Shortly after, a dark entity surrounded him and before he knew it, he was constantly having a shadow figure follow him wherever he goes. Since then, Uthando has been convinced it is the spirit of his wife who possesses his shadow and fights to protect him. He is still unsure if it a curse and she is trying to keep him away, or it is love and she simply wants to protect him.
Name: Shura Dio
Race: Human-turned-automaton
Realm of Origin: Mortal
Appearance: Shura stands at an impressive 6'4" and weighs a rough 176lbs. With a rather chiseled physique, he used to be black of hair, but his short, slicked right, straight hair has taken a silver tone from the sudden psychological trauma of his powers' awakening. Similarly, his formerly hazel eyes have taken an orange hue which seems to glow in the dark. Due to a rather violent past, he is covered in scars, most prominent among which is an horizontal cut over his left eye and a diagonal cut across his nose, forming a cross on his left cheekbone. Despite his muscular form, height, and broad shoulders, he is actually rather thin, almost seeming skeletal from afar due to his long limbs and digits. His skin seems a bit gray even since his heart and veins stopped pumping blood.
Powers/Abilities: Upon the merging of the two worlds, Shura gained the a small set of superhuman abilities which work off each other, becoming puppeteer and puppet all at once. First, Shura's body is now as though as steel, and he is extremely difficult to injure. Likewise, even when injured, he does not bleed. Related to this, Shura's body parts can reattach without effort or time, and he maintains control of his limbs even when detached, allowed to separate from his other body parts at will, as a result of his neurally independent control of his anatomy, his reflexes have greatly heightened, giving him a nearly instantaneous reaction time. He also seems to be gifted with supernatural strength, though it is specifically located in his arms, most potent in his fingers. Finally, he is capable of manifesting ethereal pseudo-plasmid wires from his fingertips. Wires of a red coloration are sharp and durable, capable of cutting through stone and steel with little difficulty, while purple wires are thicker and moreso intended for gripping at things and people. Should Shura manage to latch a purple wire around a sentient being's throat, he is able to control their physical actions in a manner not unlike that of a puppet. This is distinct from mind control as the person remains fully aware and conscious despite losing control of their body. Because he only has ten fingers, Shura cannot control more than ten individuals at a time, and the longer a purple wire exists, the more brittle it becomes, ensuring he cannot keep a victim under his grasp for more than two hours. Even before gaining his powers, Shura was a competent boxer, pickpocket, and range shooter, particularly proud of his dexterity.
History: Shura was born the son of a very young woman whom had been taken advantage of by a lunatic whom later hung himself in prison. Deposited at an orphanage almost immediately following birth, and never adopted, he was practically raised on the streets and changed hands from one foster home to the next until he eventually ended up falling through the gaps of the system and took to a life of crime for the sake of survival. A thief, a cage fighter, a mugger, a black-mailer, a muscle-for-hire and a kidnapper, he'd done it all for the sake of his next meal, and eventually through some twisted form of Stockholm Syndrome for this self-inflicted lifestyle grew to love it. A self-professed criminal and card-carrying villain, a puppet to his own vices and devices, it was cruelly appropriate that he'd acquire such... abilities.
Name: Daleron of Derinae
Realm of Origin: Magic Realm
Appearance: At 6ft 3in tall, Daleron is a tank of a man. His skin is tan from days spent in the sun, and he keeps his long dark brown hair tied back. With broad shoulders, he sports a beige cloth tunic underneath leather weapon holsters on his chest. Two knife holsters strap to his legs. He also wears armored cloth pants, adorned with lion fur. He will either go barefoot, or with sandals. His favorite? His wife made a pair of sandals from their village's sacred tree. He feels as light as a feather on them.
Powers/Abilities: Daleron is a trained Ystano, a skilled ranger raised from the young men and women of Derinae. Daleron chose to study investigation techniques and tracking, both animals and man. He is one of the most skilled archers in the village, and a force to be reckoned with in close quarters combat. A keen eye helps his aim stay true, and a sharp mind remains his greatest weapon. His magic knowledge remains extremely limited, but he is interested in stealth magic.
History: Born and raised a countryman, Daleron was the pride of his village. Born into relative wealth, Daleron's education from young focused on defending his village. Born to hermit parents, who abandoned him as an infant, he was put into the care of Brother Feronea, a monk at the village monastery. By 8, he'd begun his ranger training. At 15, Daleron was inducted into the Ystano, an elite group dedicated to rooting out evil, and allowing right to prevail. By 20, he had led several successful attacks and ambushes. His wife, Narena, and his son, Manoo, were his world. Then, the event happened. He found himself in a strange land, and everyone he knew was gone. He needed to find out why,

The Players (Thus Far):

Myself/Morgan/@weemanv1
@KC Night
@violent_delights
@Blullby
@ArsenicSoliloquist

Last edited:
So I figure we can probably get started come this weekend. That will give others a chance to possibly show interest and gives me a chance to suffer through all the changes going on in the office. I'll still keep the interest check thread open even after we get going since it will hopefully be easy enough to jump into if we do start.

Alright, we are a go! I stuck the link to the thread up at the top there and stuck it in Poe's Corner juuust in case.

Yup, it does. I'm exhausted, haha. Work's been rough this whole week. Which is also why I haven't been so on the spot getting back to everyone.

I've been there, haha. It's not quite that bad, but still. I'm just glad the program we use is web based so I can at least go home at the end of the day and work from the comfort of my own home.

Also, I'm not enforcing a posting order just yet, so feel free to go as you see fit, everyone. Once we're a bit more established it might make more sense to implement one, but until then, we're good to go as we wish.

@Blullby question for you. Do you think it would be reasonable that Scott and Uthando live in the same apartment complex? They don't have to know each other or anything, maybe even only recognize each other at most.

It's cool too if not. Just looking for ways to connect everyone as I brainstorm what my next reply might be.

@weemanv1 I think that is a great idea! I was thinking a similar thing but hadn't said anything. Perhaps the two know each other's names at the very least? Makes introductions easier and that way the two have a bit more of a reason to pair up if they decide to.

Oh Yeah, I figure they might have met and then pass each other in the lobby or hallways every now and then. Probably say hi and move on, but it's still something. Sounds good in any case.

Just giving y'all a heads up that I haven't forgotten about this or anything. Just dealing with some illness and will hopefully be able to reply this weekend.

Okay. It's been a month. I understand if some or all of you have moved on since I gave no updates at all. That said, I've worked through some of my mental health issues and am ready to jump back in and reply some time tonight or tomorrow. If there's still interest, great.

Back
Top Bottom