Big Dryad Energy
Staff member
Space Ranger
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:46 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SMUT MATERIAL, CHECK MY OTHER THREAD.
The RPs in here aren't non-sexual, they're just more story-oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hi! Before we get started, I just want to add a disclaimer saying that I am pretty flexible and lenient, and I do like romance in a story if it makes sense.
I usually can respond multiple times per day, but that isn't always possible. If I'm going to be gone for a while, I'll let you know first, and I expect partners to do the same for me.

Also, as a general rule, I don't make a habit of ghosting. If I go silent for a week, feel free to prod me. Chances are that I'm just super busy all of a sudden and just forgot to touch base. :)

Raw Expectations:
  1. Proper grammar and spelling (if you struggle with this, or even if you don't, Grammarly is a free Chrome plugin that I use for work and absolutely love; I totally recommend giving it a try)
  2. Detailed descriptions and adept use of the English language
  3. OOC planning so that we're on the same page (and so we know if someone needs something changed for the sake of the story or their interest in it)
  4. In that same vein: No metagaming. If we discuss something OOC that the characters have no business knowing yet, don't give them sudden epiphanies that break down the OOC/IC barrier.
  5. Similar post length (ie. if I write a page, don't give me a one-line response)
  6. Relative historical/world accuracy (OOC communication is the place to clear things up on this front)
  7. Consistent formatting (don't randomly change colors or something in the middle of the post, use italics for internal monologue, that sort of thing)
  8. CONSISTENT TENSE (I prefer third-person past tense)
  9. Communication (let me know if you're going to be AFK for a few days or if something isn't sitting right with you about the RP)
  10. Character sheets (not a necessity, but I at least like to have a general idea of what they look like)
  11. Fresh characters (recycles to restart a dead story are totally fine, but please don't give me the same character you're using with four other people. I don't know why, but I find it really off-putting)
Remember, these points can be flexible, but I do expect the spirit of them to be honored. If you're ESL, I'm not going to jump down your throat because you misused a word or something. Don't sweat it. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genres!
I enjoy a variety of genres. I'm generally open to new ideas, and romance as a subplot is usually pretty fun, and the buildup and tension is the best part of it. I love worldbuilding, and I hope you do, too! Here are the genres I like to write:
  • High Fantasy
  • Low Fantasy
  • Sci-Fi (probably my favorite genre)
  • Adventure
  • Urban Fantasy
  • Modern/Near Future (though there has to be some sort of compelling twist to it)
  • Drama/Slice of Life (usually as part of another genre)
  • Noir/Crime Drama
  • Dystopia (I've never pulled this off before, but it's one of my favorite genres to read)
Culture within a story is extremely important to me. I love building a world, exploring its history, planning its layout, and explaining the culture of its people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters!
Generally speaking, I play female characters as my main PCs, though I am happy to puppeteer NPCs of whatever flavor fits the scene. For character bios, I typically include a photo (NOT anime and NOT a recognizable celebrity), name, age, height, and basic descriptive information, followed by a short (couple paragraphs) bio of their background and/or scene setting. Below are some examples in spoilers to keep the post shorter. If you'd like the full list with attached RPs, click here!

Normally, I prefer to create my own unique character for any new RP, but given the number of failed attempts I've run into lately, I'm willing to repurpose some stories and characters that have been moved to the "Abandoned/Up For Adoption" section of my character sheet. If you're interested in any of them, please let me know!

------
Here's a character who's no longer up for adoption, but she's a great example to use. I'd still love to write a solid Star Wars story, but find a partner has been tricky because I expect a pretty high level of comfort and familiarity with the universe on top of all my other stipulations.

94802fd81b7d60b39c228756ecf46d5b.jpg

Name:
Xianna'Chal
Nickname: Xia (ZEE-ah)
Race: Twi'lek
Skin Color: Light green with dark green markings
Eye Color: Dark green
Height: 5'7"
Birthplace: Nar Shaddaa
Homeworld: N/A
Ship: Shadowbringer
Ship's Armament: DIAGRAM -- Front-facing autoblaster (2), Front-facing double turbolaser cannon (2), Top-mounted 360-degree quad laser cannon turret (1), Aft-mounted 180-degree light ion cannon turret (1)
Personal Armament: DC-17 Heavy blaster pistol (black market, not concealable), Model Q4 Hold-out blaster (purchased, concealable)
Pet: Sith, a male Kowakian Monkey Lizard

Bio:
Born to a slave mother, her master sold Xia off to the highest bidder once she was old enough to be separated from her mother, not wanting to deal with the trouble that raising a whore's child would surely entail. She was purchased by a group of pirates, and her mother's master didn't bother asking what for. He took their money and sent her away, hoping to never see her again.

Onboard the pirates' ship, she was raised in a harsh and unruly environment. They trained her as a stealth unit, taking advantage of her small size on plenty of raids. Being a child, paying her was easy. They kept her satisfied with treats and sweets until she was old enough to start asking for more. By that time, she'd been with them for so many years, it wasn't much of a debate. The captain, the one who had purchased her from her mother's master back on Nar Shaddaa, had grown fond of her. He appreciated her skill, and when she decided that she was ready to set off on her own, he didn't try to hold her back.

Xia had saved up enough credits to buy herself a junker by the time she was 16. It wasn't much, but it got her from point A to point B without too much fuss. Taking advantage of some of her old connections from years past to get herself a start, she established herself as a smuggler. Her relative anonymity in the community made her a good fit for the job. Soon, she had enough to buy herself a real ship, a Kazellis-class light freighter, that she picked up from a scrapper. It needed some mild repairs, but it was nothing she couldn't do herself. Once she got it working again, she headed back to the one place in the galaxy she'd been avoiding: Nar Shaddaa. She wanted to know what had happened to her mother in the years since their separation, and while she was there, find some new leads on a job and maybe even a crew.

---------

Here's a character and story I'm really dying to revive because I love the idea of a time travel historical fiction RP. It does have the potential of getting really technical, so if that interests you, have a look!

82b0727c7adbc670e90230e8e4e3b833.jpg

Name: Dr. Rhapsody Angevin
Height: 5'7"
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Notable Features: Left-Handed

Bio:
From a young age, Rhapsody found herself enamored with everything scientific. For her seventh birthday, she asked for a telescope. For her thirteenth, a chemistry set. In high school, she took up tutoring other students in math and sciences while she kept pace with her own schedule, packed to the brim with AP courses. She graduated from high school a year early with high honors, and one of the leading scientific universities in the country picked her up on a full-ride scholarship.
She filled her schedule with work and study, leaving very little time to socialize. Sleepless nights were spent in labs and at the observatory, and, partnered with her favorite professor, she released her first major breakthrough discovery on gravitational waves at the age of 21. Her thesis study was a thought experiment on the concept of time travel and how it could be possible to send people back in time. Fascinating as her paper was, the review board said it simply wasn't possible.
That feedback became the driving force behind her studies. Her Master's and Doctoral studies focused on quantum physics and the manipulation of particles on a subatomic level, followed by an attempt to replicate the effects of quantum Bayesianism and particle phasing on a larger scale, moving whole sets of particles in and out of reality together. If she could break free from the single time-stream existence that modern science revolved around, she believed she could tunnel through to a parallel universe and maybe, just maybe, find a way to make time travel a reality.

Pairings!
  • Fantasy
    • Princess x Knight
    • Princess x Thief
    • Knight x Knight
    • Adventurers!
    • Sorcerer x Apprentice
    • Werevolves?
    • Urban Fantasy (à la Dresden Files could be fun)
    • Skyrim-style adventure ("Dragonborn" x "Dragonborn")
    • Witcher-style adventure (Witcher x trainee/captive)
    • Other Suggestions Welcome
  • Sci-Fi
    • Scientists
    • Space!
    • Future U-/Dystopia
    • Historical Fiction
    • Space Western!
  • Crime Drama/Noir
    • Detective x Victim
    • Detective x Detective
    • Wild West
    • Police x Detective
    • Cabaret/Jazz Club Singer x Mobster
    • Something Dresden-esque
  • Other
    • Thread adoption (see character pages)
    • Star Trek
      • Personally, I'm a TNG fan, but this could be fun as a group RP or as a two-person with multiple NPCs
    • Star Wars!
      • Clone Wars Era
      • Smugglers
      • Rewrite new canon because it sucks
      • Legends canon
    • DC Universe
      • Starfire x someone
      [*]Marvel Universe
      • Spider-Man x OC
      • Possible other suggestions

Inspirational Images -- Build Your Own Story!

Sometimes while I'm searching for faceclaims, I come across images that make me think, "wow, this is really cool! I'd love a story based off of this!" I may not have an idea for some of these, but I decided that those awe-inspiring images needed a home in my main request thread, so here we have it!

c47c7696b04a691565db6f4761459304.jpg

When I saw this one, it made me think of the Golden Compass series, which, to be honest, I don't remember terribly well. The idea of a great adventure with animal companions other than horses or any other standard sounds like a great time in my book! Some kind of alternate future, maybe in some sort of aetherpunk world, would be an ideal setting for this, I think. Either that or another type of modern or near-modern fantasy where you have good against evil.

You heard me! --> Check it out!

42d8449baf1c6fa3eb7ea1e5e29670cc.jpg

This one could be an interesting setting for an exploration story set in an abandoned city (possibly with some sort of residual mystic magic) or a post-natural-apocalypse story where you have explorers in a nature-reclaimed world. You could set it on Earth as civilization is rebuilding or on a different planet. I'm always down for some space stories!

Plot Ideas!

I don't usually have specific ideas I want to play out beyond pairings, but occasionally something tickles my fancy. These plots should take priority over the straight pairings listed because they already have a direction set and ready to go. It'll save us a lot of time when it comes to planning and it will give you a better idea from the start of what I'm looking for and what my expectations are for a partner. As I've mentioned before in this thread, I'm pretty picky and very detail-oriented. Solid grammar is a must. Effort is a must. Planning is non-negotiable. If you can't respond every week, that's totally fine. I'd rather have a story that updates a page at a time every month than one that moves along two lines at a time every hour (I also don't do one-liners, so that's a factor :p ).

I'll add more plot ideas as they come to me, but for now, these are the ones I have fleshed out. If one of them becomes unavailable, I'll be sure to mark it down. Stay tuned!

Under the Hist Fic genre, there's a setting I'd love to explore as a well-mapped espionage and survival story. I've read countless books set during WWII from the perspective of someone resisting Nazi forces in Europe, but I've never attempted writing a story of my own. I'll be honest, I'm going to be extremely picky about this one because it can't be a meandering tale with no conclusive destination or waypoints. It needs to have structure or it's not going to work and I'm going to lose interest. The story will also require multiple characters on each side. Ideally, I'd like it formatted like Star Trek: Babel where there is a whole cast of characters, distinct story arcs, and consistent POV scenes instead of your standard post-by-post POV shifts. It'd be a story of a unique variety for the RP community, but with the right partner, I think it could be something amazing.

This story is intended to be as historically accurate as possible, following actual timelines and events, though we'll be using fictional characters. There will be no major changes to the timeline -- no one is going to kill Hitler and no one is going to cause the end of the German occupation because they did something crazy and, I don't know, vaporized the Nazis. WWII was a tragedy. There was blood, death, heartwrenching loss, and all the other unsavory things that occur during wartime. Some of our characters will die. Some will likely be maimed. Some may be taken prisoner and fall away from the limelight save for an occasional POV passage from inside a camp. This will not be a happy story. Additionally, despite the high tensions and do-or-die scenarios commonly found during the war, I don't want this to turn into a smut thread. If romance happens and makes sense or a hookup seems logical (or a rape scene presents itself), I would like to fade to black. I find smut to be exceptionally distracting when you're trying to tell a serious story. I'm not willing to budge on that point in this case.

--

The Setting

June 14, 1940 -- Paris, France:
The German occupation of France begins with the announcement of curfews for citizens. Searches, raids, and increasingly strict rules are placed on the citizens of Paris. Some are able to flee to the countryside to escape -- for now. Our story will start before the occupation, either in a flashback to years prior to establish character families, roles, personalities, and any preexisting relationships. During the occupation, our characters come together as part of a resistance ring. We follow their story over the next four years, wherever it takes them, until the arrival of Allied Forces and the liberation of Paris on August 25, 1944.

Character ages are open to suggestions, but I'd like them to be on the younger side during the occupation, placing them somewhere between 16 and 25, ideally. After the main story concludes, I'd like to write an epilogue that fast-forwards to the late 90s or early 2000s (whatever makes the most sense for their ages and how we decide to take the epilogue) and write about them either telling their grandchildren about the war or finding out the whereabouts of one of their compatriots from the story and where they are/what happened to them. If nothing else, it could be an opportunity for closure for a character that was taken away by the Germans.

I will admit, I've somewhat snatched this idea from a comic I've been reading.

The story will be set in an early-industrialized society, though we likely won't spend much time in the cities. The most advanced technology we'll likely interact with on a regular basis will be trains. Everything else will be fairly undeveloped and rustic, bordering on medieval. The geographical setting will be made up.

Our main characters will be a pair of students on their way to university. They are capable mages, though their skills are yet unrefined. Before they can reach their destination, their party is detained and taken into custody under the suspicion that they are guilty of practicing magic. Although it is no longer illegal in their kingdom, many people dislike and distrust witches, and some towns have decided to take action against those who practice magic. The king, despite his relatively recent decision to decriminalize magic, refuses to take action against anyone who seeks to punish practitioners.

The witches, as you might imagine, are none too happy about the king's apathy.

Our story follows the journey of two mages who seek to lead a revolution. First, they must break free from their detention cells and liberate their classmates. Next, they must rally support and begin their uprising and spread its seeds. As the revolution grows, the characters must learn how to better control their magic, which doesn't always do what they want or need it to do and must get creative to find solutions to their predicaments. The two of them must also overcome their personal hurdles: Impulsiveness, irrationality and anger, a desire for vengeance, and magical skills heavily influenced by their emotional state. Unless they learn to control their powers and themselves, their revolution will fail before it even begins.

A romance may develop, but there is no guarantee that it will happen within a set amount of time. There will be suspense and a lot of will-they-won't-they involved. The characters will also have significant flaws (otherwise, what would they be struggling to overcome?) and likely butt heads over differing views of how the revolution should progress. I anticipate doing a lot of storyboarding and planning for this, likely in a separate PM just for planning so we don't lose track of our plot. I'm open to input, though I have a lot of details already in mind that I can better explain if you're interested.

Phew!
I think that about covers things. Make sure to take a look at some of my content so you have an idea of how I write (some good examples with diverse premises and styles are Star Trek: Babel, The Rose Society, and A Renegade's Revolution. They give a good sense of what some of my ideal interactions are, as well as what I expect from a partner, which can vary greatly). Lastly, if you're looking for something smutty, check my other request thread. These stories are intended to be story-driven, not smut-driven, though romance can (and likely should) happen.

I'll update this as stuff comes up if need be. PM me if you're interested, and I hope I haven't scared you off! :D

Last edited:
l8QKxpH.jpg
byPC1eB.jpg

I have the beginning of a Skyrim-inspired RP in the works. It'd be a high fantasy setting in a homebrew universe that we build as we go, following a similar path as the Dragonborn does in Skyrim, unlocking the powers of their lineage as they follow a series of questlike story arcs. There would be lots of room for exploring, character development, combat, fascinating beasts, beautiful scenery, and historical exposition and worldbuilding.

I'm not looking for a smut story, and this would be run a bit more D&D style in terms of story structure, but romance is an option. It should not be assumed from the start. If it develops, it develops naturally over time.

If this sounds interesting, PM me and I can send you more details.

Last edited:
Bumping for Skyrim, post-apocalypse (based on the images), and other adventure plots!
Recently added genres: Space Western and Classic Western (cowboys, old west, however you want to slice it)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom