notlydialovelace

The None, The Nonely
Local time
Tomorrow 11:09 AM
Pronouns
she, her
Hello!

I started an Open RP recently, and wanted to add a recruit thread for it:

The basic idea is an interdimensional auction for individuals seeking something they want, need, or were robbed of, or sent as emissaries for someone who couldn't go themselves.

It is a fairly free-form story, where I will be playing a muse, Hypnos, a moderator for the auction.

Please bring your characters and their motivations for joining the proceedings.

Smut is allowed, but only if it is justified by character interactions, and should be kept within reasonable limits. MC, Hypnos, is strictly a moderator, and is not going to participate in any smut, but will not intervene.

The rules of the auction are simple.

The realm it is held in is part of the inter-dimensional limbo-space of Phantasmagoria, which can only be entered through astral projection. It is free to enter, but visitors to the realm can only leave if they offer up the equivalent value of a soul in exchange. Furthermore, they can augment their buying power by offering up valuable items, either ones they acquired as part of a ritual sacrifice to enter, or ones they volunteer from their own possession: limbs, organs, and metaphysical things like dreams, hope, luck, etc.

I actually have a price listing for those, but I don't want to get too specific as it is not meant to be an exact economy simulation, just a thematic element.

It is a fairly existential scene, so it is not necessarily for the squeamish, though there is probably not going to be any gore/violence, only potentially body horror or macabre/grotesque horror elements.

Due to the nature of astral projection, guests can come and go at any point without disturbing the narrative flow. Feel free to join even if you don't plan on staying, just to add to the flavor of the roleplay.

There is no stated end-goal. Every character has their own motives, and the auction has no pre-defined end point. The time in between introducing each lot is fluid and will vary based on what is going on at the time.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to DM me or reply to this RT. Please limit responses in the main RP thread to actual replies, not questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
May I suggest assigning characters a certain buying power based on their character submission and goals to prevent a given auction from devolving into folks just narratively outbidding one another without any real resource management. Could be as simple as each character can /win/ one hotly contested auction before they're tapped out. Alternatively, you could assign each applicant a soul value of available resources. They describe the bid narratively and assign however many points of their overall value they like that's lost if they win the bid.

Basically, just give a bit of bite to the auction.

Certainly. I will DM each responder how much buying power they have based on their submission, as well as give them the rundown of how much more they can get by giving up things. It is meant to largely be atmospheric and conceptual, rather than a competitive meta-game, however, so I don't want to promote the pricing schedule up-front.

Back
Top Bottom