Challenge Submission Playing Survival With A Psycho

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Playing Survival With A Psycho

DarkBloodMoon

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Local time
Today 2:24 PM
Do you know those wonderful stories about transmigration or being isekai'd? A girl falls into a new world, she either gets the memories of the person she's taken over or she gets super badass powers. Oh, and let's not forget all the hot men who fall in love with her. Well, that's not my story and let's just say quite frankly I would have rather stayed dead. Instead, I'm stuck here trying to make a female lead fall in love with the male lead. You know the good-looking prince, who's kind and generous.

Well, this bitch wants the bad boy, and thanks to her I've already died nineteen times simply to be reborn. Starting this forsaken cycle all over again and I'm over it. This time around she's either going to fall in love with the male lead so I can live my life in peace for once or I'm going to kill her. I think I've been quite patient. I want to live my life past my early 30's so I plan to steal away the lover she wants so bad.

The only thing is, the guy is a total psychopath and by trying to gain his favor I just might end up dead again. But hey if the leading lady wants to fall, I'll make her fall straight into the place of the villain if I have to. Or would I be the villain for doing so? No, she has killed me plenty of times, it is time to make this story mine!

You might be wondering how I landed in this situation, well once again it was thanks to love. Who could have guessed, my twin sister and I were arguing about a boy we both liked and she shoved me right into the street. Right in front of a bus…super cliche, I guess bus-san wanted to claim another soul. Pretty sure at this point anyone driving a bus has special insurance.

But that's beyond the point, I took over the body of a noblewoman who had been poisoned, her name was or I guess is, Beatrice Zepkel. Very well known, rich, loved by many, and hated by even more. How wonderful is that? At first, I thought I'd simply sit back and enjoy the riches before me, but someone decided to turn me into the villain of her story. Princess Shay, yeah the previously mentioned bad boy chaser.

Now when I first met Princess Shay, I thought everything would be fine. In the memories I had gained, Beatrice had no problems with Princess Shay. However, when she saw me at a ball she fainted, and then some bizarre story arose that I, or rather Beatrice, had bullied Shay one evening and that the poor girl was now terrified of Beatrice.

Talk about a stab in the back. It became clear to me soon enough that Princess Shay had actually been behind the original Beatrice's death. It's funny how someone claimed to be the saint of the world holds so much hate and darkness. After being stabbed to death by Shay's knight, I was sort of happy to be done.

I didn't want love, or fame and fortune, I simply wanted to rest. But I'll tell you right now, when I opened my eyes again a whole lot of words left my mouth that made everyone who had been worried about me wanting to wash their ears out.

Again…and again… Life after life, I tried to stay out of Princess Shay's way, but each and every time she somehow managed to kill me. I wasn't sure who was responsible for this but I wanted to beat the ever-loving crap out of them. Sure I wouldn't win, I couldn't fight, but you know what getting in even one punch would make me feel better, after all, what would dying one more time matter?

Twenty, this is my twentieth life….it matters because I am done. So my thought is to obtain the villain and become the lead because as it was proven in my nineteenth life…the prince can't beat the villain. Perhaps villains are the true protagonists in every story because I thought only the leads survived in the end. Maybe the author got their thoughts mixed up…or maybe they are just as twisted as our villain.

But my thoughts are drifting, do you know the best way to make this villain mine? Marriage! This leads me here…following said villain out of the well-lit ballroom, to the dark evening, where our path is lit dimly by magic torches. I can't really say I'm scared. I think the churning of my stomach is due to hoping I'm not about to be killed in this life before I even reach twenty-one.

I notice him glance behind, the clicking of my heels a dead giveaway. I can see his hand go to his side as he halts next to a water fountain and turns in my direction. His blue eyes stared me down, "Before you say anything, I don't want to hear some lie about how you love me and fell for me at first sight at some ball."

I paused, my eyes traveling to his hand that rested on his sword before venturing back to his face, "Will you marry me?" The words left my mouth in a rush and I couldn't stop the smirk as I noticed his reaction.

For a split second clear shock crosses his face, "Did I not just say…" I keep my composure, my violet eyes shimmering with humor. "Let me stop you there, I'm not here to tell you I love you. That would be a complete lie, I have no interest in you. I simply know you are the key to my survival and if you marry me I can keep a certain princess from seeking you out. Said Miss Goody Two Shoes has it in her mind that it's her mission to save you from your dark haunting past. Thinking that's the reason you are a psychotic murderer and that she can show you the errors of your ways. Though she is far more twisted than you…"

Mazen watched me with amusement, "Well that's certainly a new one…" I roll my eyes, "I'm not going to pretend that I've fallen madly in love with you when all I need is for you to stay away from Princess Shay. Or should I say I need her to stay away from you?" He smirked, "And what if I said I love her?" He asked with a lifted brow only to watch me burst into laughter. "Oh gods…that's…" I held my stomach as tears pricked my eyes from how hard I was laughing. "Y-you? Love her?" I slapped my knee, "That's got to be the best joke I've heard in a while."

Now Mazen began to chuckle as well, "So you know full and well that I love no one." I nodded wiping at my tears, "I know you have never loved anyone in your entire life. The only thing you 'love' is watching the life drain out of people's eyes." He stared at me, "And how do you know me so well?" I waved a hand at him, "Let's just say I know a lot more about this world than anyone else."

Mazen seemed to feel humored by me as I stood before him. Before I arrived in Beatrice's body, she was known as the social viper. Snaking her way into people's groups and weeding out those with ill intentions. Her services were rather renowned in the kingdom because she was a strange sort of special. If you will, a necessary evil for the greater good of high society. Beatrice Zepkel, a high-born noblewoman who broke from the norms of society as the sole heiress to Zepkel's fortune and family business. Everyone had thought she would destroy her father's hard work, but she took the challenge and formed it into something that brought even more fame and fortune to the Zepkel name.

"Alright Beatrice, say I take you up on this offer of marriage. What then?"

I smiled, "Then we work together to gain exactly what we both wish to obtain. My life and you…the throne... destroyed."

Mazen's eyes grew cold, he closed the distance, his hand wrapping tightly around my throat. "How do you know about that?"

I smacked at his hand, "I told you…I know…many things…." His grip faltered slightly but it was enough for me to break free. I smacked the vital point on his wrist making it go numb and breaking free. "Now shall we move somewhere a bit more private to finish this conversation?" He stared at me, rubbing the hand that was likely still numb. He nodded as he watched me, only trying to kill me once was pretty promising. Perhaps this time around, I really would survive…maybe. Either way from here on out this story was mine!

I don't know if this hits the prompt fully or not XD I hope so, but if not it was simply fun to write.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom