Closed Post-Apocalypse || Supernatural || Futuristic

Currently reading:
Closed Post-Apocalypse || Supernatural || Futuristic

Mazulla

Professional Lurker
Local time
Today 8:58 AM
Welcome to my request thread, potential victim guest.

This RP will consist of up to 4 players in total. I'm going to briefly go over some guidelines first, then the plot and other details are listed below, and you can see if this is something that strikes your fancy.

GUIDELINES:
  1. I am literate, and looking for semi-lit to literate partners.
  2. I'd like to see at least 2-3 paragraphs per post, more if especially inspired. Regardless of the length, if you give me something with substance, I'll be happy.
  3. At least one post or more per week.
  4. I've laid a little groundwork here, but I encourage contributions from other players, and I'm ALWAYS open for questions, suggestions, and discussion to improve on the plot/setting, sub-plots, or other ideas for the roleplay in general.
  5. I want this to be a story-driven RP and smut is not the focus. Preference is a "fade-to-black" approach, should romance come about.
  6. Violence is fine (if this has to be said at all). This will be in Poe's Corner.
  7. Basics: No godmoding, powerplaying, mary/gary sues, etc.

Over the course of several years, people with special abilities and mutations were manifesting throughout the world with increasing frequency. While the majority of these "gifted" were passive, law-abiding citizens, there were a few individuals that would cause them to be viewed in a negative light and garnered the most worldwide media attention.

Governments and the general public feared lack of control, predictability and compliance. A tech company called "Enfield Corp." was commissioned to develop a mandatory implant for the gifted. Containing information from their location and abilities, to their appearance and family relations, the implants were inserted into their upper back; a way to monitor them without resulting to complete preventive custody.

However, there were reports of other governments going to more extreme measures, indiscriminately locking up all gifted for their own good and for the public's, regardless of the danger they posed. Drugs were developed to suppress their abilities until they could come to another solution for this "problem" they were facing.

While these actions maintained control for some time, fear of the gifted was rampant, affecting even the law-abiding citizens who voluntarily received the implant and were allowed to lead "normal" lives. Their new "normal" was the requirement for disclosure or scanning for a chip; many people refused everything from basic services, jobs, and even flights or other transportation based on the dangerous abilities they possessed. Compliance with the new laws in effect didn't matter in their eyes.

Four years ago, many in the gifted community, and humans sympathetic to their cause, rebelled in a movement calling themselves the "Eclipse." What began as random acts of aggression to gain governments' attention and bring them to the table to negotiate, it eventually escalated to devastating, coordinated attacks that overthrew major world governments – UK, US, China – and the remaining followed. Eclipse established a new world order – one in which both normal humans and the gifted could live together. Forming a kind of "world council," its worthy members were selected to govern various regions around the world.

Presently, in what could be considered a post-apocalyptic era, the world continues to struggle to pick up the pieces after the war and for the smallest semblance of how things used to be. In an attempt to bring the world back on its feet, Eclipse requires humans to learn and acquire a trade of basic necessities, or, in many cases, assigns a trade based on their aptitude; agriculture, construction, medical, and more. Old currencies have no value. Food and water is rationed in return for their work, or traded, scavenged or stolen. Travel and transportation are nearly impossible unless someone's trade has gone through a proper request and approval for transfer – or a mandatory transfer.

Gifted citizens are generally held in higher standing and respect – to a degree. Like humans, they're required to have a trade, but, instead of based on a skillset, their trades are often based on where their abilities can be best applied. Healers are assigned to medical fields, those with an affinity for plants are assigned to agriculture, metal manipulators to construction...

With what's left of Enfield Corp. under Eclipse control, though they were promised no further monitoring, Eclipse continues requiring the implants and have extended this requirement to humans. Any resistance is met with imprisonment, or, if their skills or abilities are deemed useless or they cause more trouble than they're worth, death.

Now, instead of only one side being treated with unfairness, human and gifted alike are treated equally and ruled with a ruthless, iron fist.

The war began in early 2045; it's now November 2049.

All major cities are ruled by Eclipse. Anyone found in outlying areas are transported to the cities and distributed from there, depending on where they're needed. Smaller towns are practically deserted, though some people have been fortunate enough to escape Eclipse's grasp, or they're occupied as farming communities or for some other means. Eclipse has found that it's easier to manage people when confined to specific perimeters they set and not spread out among various towns.

This takes place in Richmond, Virginia, the capitol of the state and one of America's oldest cities. The city was attacked in 2046 and fell into control of Eclipse - many of its citizens fled the city into more remote areas while they had the chance, but the rest remained. This is one of the more secure cities in the nation and its Warden is proud of this achievement.

Eclipse has areas of the city sectioned off, designated for their faction and for civilians. They keep members of Eclipse altogether and keep close tabs, as well as a curfew, on the civilians that live in the city. Eclipse occupies what used to be the state capitol building and many buildings and streets surrounding it; walls and gates have been erected to distinguish their district. Civilians have designated areas outside of these boundaries where they may reside. Though Eclipse does send out patrols, other areas are unused and abandoned.

Eclipse. The instigators of the war. With and without violence, they originally began as an effort to bring the various governments to the table to listen, negotiate and improve the treatment of their kind. As it sometimes happens with large organizations, they seemed to lose sight of its original purpose in the face of conflict, instead creating a new order altogether. While they have humans that work for them, they generally place a higher value on bringing in and maintaining gifted among their ranks. Additionally, they have some technological advantages over other factions and guard this jealously (and the people that have this skillset), communications being one of the first things they reestablished.
(Roughly)
  1. Officer (private, recruit; lowest ranked)
  2. Corporal (standard agent; experienced)
  3. Sergeant (special agent; may lead an assigned group of lower-ranked officers)
  4. Lieutenant (supervisory role, usually an assigned district and its officers)
  5. Captain (assistant supervisor, usually in charge of the management of communities, such as farming, medical)
  6. Major (supervisor, usually in charge of the management of communities, such as farming, medical)
  7. Colonel (assistant to warden, governor, or councilman/woman)
  8. Warden (leader of city)
  9. Governor (leader of region)
  10. Councilman/woman (leader of country)

Umbra. Consisting of ex-Eclipse members before their shift toward conquest, as well as those dissatisfied with the new order, these gifted and humans work together to combat Eclipse. While they can't hope for recreating the old governments, their primary goal is to remove the one in power suffocating them and establish more reasonable forms of government.

Ascent.
A human-only faction that continues their dogma from before the war and works against Eclipse and Umbra. They are a group beginning to dwindle; without an advantage, they're a thorn in the side of the other factions. Eclipse has been known to eliminate them on sight - confirmed, or sometimes only on suspicion.

Neutral gifted/humans.
They strive to maintain neutrality in the midst of the turmoil, either in compliance with the current government, or non-compliant as they attempt to discreetly sit on the sidelines and survive.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:

Alliance:

Appearance:
  • May have physical mutations. (Preferred: No animalistic features)
Skills:

Abilities:
  • May have one primary ability.
  • May have one secondary, supporting or passive ability (optional) that coordinates well with the primary ability.
History: (Optional; can be revealed throughout the roleplay)

Questions? Ask away.

Want to join? Fill out the character sheet and post.

Last edited:
Name: Amaya Vension

Alliance: Neutral (she's just trying to stay alive)

Appearance:
  • Shoulder-length dirty blond hair, green eyes, very thin (basically just skin and bones), sunken eyes, about 5'4", sun-kissed skin from working the fields, missing an arm, wears an Eclipse-sanctioned uniform for farmhands/ranch hands
  • When her arm was amputated, her abilities forced their way through to help save her life, mutating her amputation into a thorn-covered vine. While it can be helpful in defense/combat, it usually just gets in the way and seems to have a mind of its own.
Skills:
  • Very connected with her ability/nature itself. She can feel subtle changes in the earth and can often feel what the flora feels
  • Stronger than her frail form would suggest, she has been a farm hand all her life
  • Blending in. She is proud to call herself a wallflower and is most at ease when no one is paying her any mind
  • Can hold her own in hand-to-hand combat thanks to her mutated arm.

Abilities:
  • Has the ability to control/grow natural flora
  • Since she is so connected with her ability, she doesn't need to eat very often, she can get most of her strength through a form of photosynthesis. However, if she doesn't eat, she will need extra water
History: She grew up a farmhand and was caught in the middle of a brutal battle during the war. She was not a fighter at a younger age by any means, which led to the loss of her arm. Since then, she tends to avoid people and just does her best to stay alive. As long as she doesn't seem like a threat, she figures no one will threaten her. (more details to be revealed in the rp)

Please let me know if I need to add or change anything @Mazulla! I'm greatly looking forward to this rp!

Name: Gwenevere (Gwen)

Alliance: Eclipse (? Subject to change to fit plot)

Appearance: Gwen has violent red hair, chopped into a slanted bob. She can pull the sides up into a tail on her head. Her eyes are a deep rusty brown and her skin is unnaturally tan for a red haired human. She stands at 5'9" and most notably, massive, white feathery wings frame her body. The ends of her wings reach nearly 6' on either side of her extended, and when folded, touch her calves. Her wings are big enough that they can be used to hide her entire body if needed, and are powerful enough to take her soaring to the skies, and descend with fierce velocity.

Skills: Gwen can fly for a few hours at a time, only about an hour if she has to carry someone, and they are powerful. She has never been able to record her speed, but she is most definitely deadly in the skies. Coupled with her bird-like wings, she has impeccable vision. By no means enhanced, but she can usually see hidden things much quicker than the person next to her. Her ability to see in the darkness is much better than the average humans.

Abilities: Massive bird like feathery wings, Better than normal but not ENHANCED vision. Combat skills.

History: Gwen has been shunned all of her life, and the least favorite child of her parents, because of her visual deformity. At a age 12, she was collected by Enfield Corp for 4 years of her life and subjected to testing and torture. In the first few days that she was a prisoner, as she called it, of Enfield Corp, they surgically removed her wings in an attempt to cure her. After putting the young child through agonizing pain, scientists found out that her wings would grow back. It took 3 years for them to fully heal and grow to their mature size.
She was finally released shortly after Eclipse destroyed the lab where she was taken hostage. Eclipse allowed her to return home after placing a new tracking chip into her back, only to find out her family was much happier with her gone, and continued on with their life as though she had never existed. Feeling like a burden with no where to turn, she went back to the organization that freed her, and obtained a position within their ranks, as a spy and informant. She was useful in finding enemy camps and territories by flying high in the sky so that to the naked human eye, she looked like a normal bird.

@RudeTaterTot Also looks good to me. Approved. ^_^ I understand being kind of iffy on the alliance; I'm also kind of seeing what others' choice characters are first before I choose mine.

One will definitely be Umbra, but I may or may not have an Eclipse character to start off with as well.

@onetrueBirdy Right on, sounds good!

I've got an idea to make a Commissar like a character whose job it is to ensure the loyalty and discipline of both Army and Governmental Units. His job is also to teach political education (indoctrination) of Eclipse Ideals to the populace. His powers are that he's able to create a strong aura of fear and dread around him, along with an above-human build. He's basically an enforcer who ensures loyalty and mettle through the threat of execution. That okay?

I've got an idea to make a Commissar like a character whose job it is to ensure the loyalty and discipline of both Army and Governmental Units. His job is also to teach political education (indoctrination) of Eclipse Ideals to the populace. His powers are that he's able to create a strong aura of fear and dread around him, along with an above-human build. He's basically an enforcer who ensures loyalty and mettle through the threat of execution. That okay?
That honestly sounds bitchin' I really like that idea

I truly appreciate all the interest, everyone!

My only concern at this point is that I was intending 4 players for this RP (to include myself), however I think I could push this to a maximum of 5. Mainly, I want to avoid having such a large party that it could quickly turn hectic RP-wise. For anyone else that has posted so far and still wants to join, it just means I may have to get a bit choosy. (And I hope no one holds that against me because I'm sure you're all fantastic)

@TheInsanityOfBobSemple I really like this idea! The only thing I would suggest is giving the ability over fear a limit/drawback, so it's not too overpowered. Maybe it can only be activated through touch or has to be within a short distance? Just a thought.

(Also, apologies for slow-ish replies. I really only have a small window in the evenings this week to respond due to work, however things should be normal for me again starting this weekend.)

On a separate note... I usually don't have issues with titles. This RP, however, stumps me. On my personal RT, I called it "A New World Order" and I... don't like it. At all.

Any suggestions?

Decided to stick to one character for now, but I'll keep my other one just in case

Name:
Lieutenant Ivette "Ivy" Calisti Ludro

Alliance:
Eclipse

Appearance:
Height 5'5" | Weight: 157lbs | Eyes: Cool blue with bright brown flecks | Hair: Butterscotch Brown

Ivy is of average height, with full hips and breasts. A decent layer of fat covers her body but military training allotted her strong legs, with obviously muscular thighs. Her skin is tan, inbetween an olive and Light-brown tone. Freckles adorn her nose, and shoulders becoming more prominent when exposed to sunlight.

Her hair is naturally curly, taking a 3b curl pattern barely passing her shoulder blades in length. Because of work, Ivy usually keeps her hair in a low bun or a slicked back braided pony tail. When she isn't working Ivy enjoys having it out or put in a french braid for comfort sake. On rare occasions she straightens it, but prefers not to.

Skills:
  • Best sniper in the eclipse military due to her already good eyesight and ability.​
  • Skilled Baker​
  • Motherly nature, good at being dependent and a trusting figure for others.​
  • Linguist- French, German, Italian, spanish, Russian, and Mandarin​
  • Also skilled with a bow an arrow (did national competitions in middle, highschool and college)​
  • Basic hand-to-hand combat skills due to military training​
  • Not only good with guns, Ivy is proficient with anything that requires accuracy and extreme precision​

Abilities:
Enhance(Body Manipulation)- A support ability that allows her to enhance features of her body, i.e. eyesight, dexterity, and motor skills. Depending on her stamina and health and what she is applying her power on. Certain attributes require more focus and or energy so the time is varied but the affects can last up to 15 hours consecutively, or 15 hrs within a weekly period.

List goes as follows

• Eyesight- 15 hrs​
  • Healing- 15hrs​
  • Hearing- 10hrs​
  • Smell-9hrs​
  • Motor skills (enhanced combat skills)- 8hrs​
  • Body sensitivity- 6hrs​
  • Speed (enhance muscle formation in legs)- 5hrs​
  • Dexterity- 4hrs​
  • Height- 1hr​

Advantage: She can enhance multiple things at once but can only maintain it for 15 hours.

She is also able to enhance other people, but its limited to strength, eyesight, and, hearing, smell, and speed with a cap of 10hrs, if enhancing multiple people at once each person shaves off two hrs of enhancing. In order for her powers to work on some else she needs to know their physical profile.

Disadvantage: She cannot decrease someone's or her own natural abilities, only enhance. Her healing abilities only work on herself.

If Ivy goes past her 15 hours limit she will have intense headaches and even vomit from nausea, causing her to become very weak and bed ridden for a few days. Ultimately causing death if she does it continuously.

History:
Ivy grew up in a very effluent household. Her father, a German native, was a high ranked soldier in the marines and a sniper like her. Her mother was into politics, fighting for equal rights for poor and minority communities and better health benefits for the military and retired veterans. Before her father was her grandfather on both sides and before that her great grandfather on her mother's side served their respective countries military services. Ivy was graced with her father's excellent eyesight, so he taught her everything he knew before he passed.

Ivy's power didn't reveal themselves until she was 7. A late bloomer, she began learning how to ride a bike that year and had fallen. Giving herself a nasty wound on her leg. Before being sent to the doctors she'd managed to heal it almost completely leaving a small, bloody scratch.​

Last edited:
Hey, so, I kinda got into the abilities a bit. I might come back and change some minor things, add a thing or two. Let me know if anything needs to be changed!

Name:
Alexander "Lion" Lyons
(Might change)

Alliance:
Eclipse

Appearance:
Height: 6'5 | Weight: 149 lbs | Eyes: Hazel | Hair: Dirty Blonde

Alex is a tall, lean man, his skin a bit on the paler side. Waves of dirty blonde hair frame his high cheekbones and long stubble beard. His golden eyes hide behind wide oval glasses. He tends to dress comfortably, preferring hoodies and letting his hair down. He'll put his hair up in a bun when in focus, or when he has to put on his Eclipse uniform.

Skills:
• Good at handling animals, and has spent a lot of time researching them
• Keen senses. Less so than certain animals, but greater than humans
• Enjoys art and video games, and as such has great fine motor control
• Sharp instincts
• Takes great pride in his cooking
• Can roll a fine joint

Abilities:
Alex can create a link between himself and other living beings. You can tell when a link is made, because the recipient's eyes will change to match his; a shining gold. Once linked, he can give the creature commands, and they will follow them to the best of their ability. Also while linked, Alex can change his senses to that of the creature's. This allows his to see, hear, smell, touch, and/or taste anything the other creature does. This is also quite taxing, and the longer he spends outside his own senses, the harder it is to adjust back to his own.

He hasn't really figured out the extent of his abilities yet. He can give out simple commands to small critters like candy, but he can hold control over a medium dog for only a couple hours without getting a headache. An hour outside of his senses will usually put him to bed for the night.

Also, possibly related to his ability is slightly enhanced senses. His eyes aren't as good as an eagle's, and his nose isn't as keen as a blood hound's, but they're still better than most humans.

History:
Being the first in your family to be gifted can be tough. Outside even the discrimination and the forced registration, Alex didn't even realise he was special until he was 12. He knew he had a knack for animals, and he wondered why the squirrels in the park always came when he called. His family chalked it up to his friendly personality and childish mind, until the day a deer came to defend him from a stray dog.

Now, he works for Eclipse. Mostly information; spying, eavesdropping, stalking. However, his skills are also suited for infiltration or sabotage. He has a few pets, but he has an American Blue Dumbo rat who usually comes on missions with him. His name is Bean.

(More revealed later?)​

Last edited:
@onetrueBirdy & @TragicArt Both very cool, approved. ^_^

Now that we have a full group together, I'll get an OOC thread up for us tomorrow and add your character profiles for reference, as well as add my own character sheets. I wanted to see first where to fill in, so I'll either do one or two Umbra characters. Thinking by tomorrow night or Saturday, I should have an intro together.

Back
Top Bottom