Both Needed [Postapocalyptic/Dystopia] Interactive collaborative story-telling! Or: I show you mine when you show me yours ;) but with storytelling.

Currently reading:
Both Needed [Postapocalyptic/Dystopia] Interactive collaborative story-telling! Or: I show you mine when you show me yours ;) but with storytelling.

SynfulDesire

"That's weird"
Inner Sanctum Nobility
♔ Champion ♔
Local time
Today 11:31 AM

...but there will be violence. Sexy time is up to you, the player. The rule for that is simple, sexscenes need to be in spoilers, violent acts not.

Alright-so, I got this story to tell so listen up, because I'm about to lay down the deal of a lifetime, pinky-promise. This ain't your average roleplaying gig - this is a chance to get in on the ground floor of something big. Something that could change the whole course of the Aethera 'verse, a story about humanities struggle and it's neverending ending.

See, I've got this sprawling, post-apocalyptic world that's just waiting to be explored. It's a place teetering on the edge, balanced precariously between the crushing corporate machine and the scrappy, defiant survivors who refuse to bow to their tyranny. And you, my friends, are going to be the ones to breathe life into it. But here's the kicker - your stories, your characters, your choices, they're all going to be woven together into one grand, interconnected narrative. It's like a giant, tangled web, where each thread represents the journey of a different individual, a different faction, a different piece of this shattered world.

Imagine it - you're a lowly corporate drone, toiling away in the factories of Blackheart Inc. One day, you stumble upon a whispered plot for an uprising, a chance to strike back against the system that's been grinding you down. As you get drawn deeper into the resistance, your path might cross with that of a cybernetically-enhanced Dread Reaper mercenary who was once an honored soldier for a nation, who's been sent to quell the unrest. Will you two end up as bitter enemies, locked in a battle for the future of families and friends? Or will a grudging respect, even an unlikely alliance, develop between you?

Meanwhile, on the other side of the wasteland, a lone scavenger is scrounging for supplies, trying to eke out a meager living. Little does she know that the tech she scavenges is the key to unlocking a powerful secret, one that could topple an entire megacorp. When her path intersects with that of a brilliant but eccentric scientist, working in the shadowy labs of Chronos Life Sciences, the stage is set for an epic confrontation that could shake the foundations of this new world order. These are just a few examples, of course. The possibilities are endless, because the choices you make as players are going to shape the very fabric of this world. Even the Myths and Legends are involved, be part of the rise of the Burning Bride as her legend is born, rather you are on her good side, or her burning one as you see the hatred in her eyes, shedding a tear as you find an understanding. Want to orchestrate a daring raid on a corporate convoy, snatching vital supplies for your fledgling resistance movement? Go for it, and see how it ripples out, affecting the plans and schemes of other characters. Decide to stay loyal to your Blackheart overlords, crushing the uprising before it can gain traction? Then get ready to face the consequences, as the embers of rebellion flare up elsewhere, fueled by your actions.

It's like a giant, ever-evolving puzzle, with each of you holding a piece. And as you start to fit those pieces together, a clearer, more complete picture will emerge. A picture of a world on the brink, where the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. Where the choices you make, the alliances you forge, and the legacies you leave behind could mean the difference between a brighter tomorrow and an endless descent into darkness.
Now, I know what you're thinking -

"Hey, this all sounds great and all, but what's in it for me?!"

And you'd be right. The interactive Story of Aethera ain't no cakewalk, my friends. This is a harsh, unforgiving world, where survival is a constant struggle and the stakes are higher than ever. But that's where the real reward lies, isn't it? The thrill of having to write about how the world around you collapses, the rush of victory when you are part of the good guys, the determination to keep pushing forward no matter what the world throws at your characters. Plus, think about the payoff. Imagine your character, the one you poured your heart and soul into, becoming a legend in their own right. Maybe they'll be the one to lead the final charge against the megacorps, toppling their towers of greed and ushering in a new era of freedom. Or perhaps they'll be the cunning infiltrator who brings down an entire corporate empire from the inside, their name whispered in hushed tones throughout the wasteland.

And the best part? Your story, your choices, they're all going to be woven into the greater narrative. You won't just be passive observers, content to let the world pass you by. Your triumphs and tragedies, your alliances and rivalries, they'll all become integral threads in the tapestry of this post-apocalyptic saga.

So, what do you say, ready for a little emotional adventure? (You will tell the lifes of several, or a single old one, or a families tale)

You ready to dive headfirst into the neon-drenched, cyberpunk-tinged hellscape that is Aethera? You ready to carve out your own piece of this shattered world, to fight for a brighter tomorrow in the face of overwhelming odds? Then saddle up, because this ride is about to get real bumpy.

Just remember a few ground rules, yeah? This is the wasteland, where morality is a luxury and everyone's got a knife in their back pocket. Your characters can be flawed, damaged, even downright villainous - hell, that's probably more realistic anyway. Just make sure they've got some depth to 'em, a glimmer of humanity that keeps 'em from being one-dimensional cardboard cutouts. Oh, and no god-modding or power-gaming, alright? We're all here to tell a compelling story, not stroke our own egos. If your character's going up against some juiced-up, cybernetically-enhanced maniac, they better have a damn good reason and a well-thought-out plan to come out on top. No pulling some deus ex machina outta your ass at the last second. The very lovely or tears provoking story, great buildups and little plots and twists! The stuff we all enjoy, the great starters and prompts that lead you towards greater plots and twists.

Other than that? Have at it, you scavengers, bounty hunters, raiders and assassins. The rich and the poor, the ones who became rich and wealthy, fighting themself out of there miserable life. Dive into the wasteland, stir up some trouble, and let's see what kind of mayhem we can cook up. Who knows, maybe your character will end up being the one to finally take down one of the Corporate CEO's together with the main protagonist (tha'll be my roleplay self!)
Or maybe they'll just end up as another smear on the road, another cautionary tale of the price of defiance.

Either way, it's gonna be one hell of a ride. So saddle up, strap in, and get ready to leave your mark on the Aethera 'verse. The world is crumbling, the megacorps are closing in.

What tales are you going to tell?

How does this work exacly?
1. There will be a thread where episodes of each timeline are being posted. There won't be any posting order or anything needed as every gets to post once but can add more any time, telling there characters sides of the story.

2. There will only be a maximum of 5 episodes per timeline. Ultimately there are 9 different threads at the end, each having a different time of the story, from the early 2000's up until the year 2088. I will give out exacly the type of information needed for the characters you tell about, technological advancements, geological happenings through global warming and how the world evolves around each location. You however choose the place and character. Everything is written down on my PC so always ready for grabbing. Weapons, there origin and some characters are already set so if your character would become a mercenary, I will provide you with the information on the potential enemies, your potential weapons, factions and happenings. If you were in the right time and place, your character might be accidentaly get involved in something much bigger. Many happenings can be seen in this thread aswell as the main events at page 1.

3. I'm quite motivated and excited to offer this since I am very passionate about it and love reading these stories that you will tell.

Just write down below if you have questions or if you're interested. Feel free to tell what kind of characters you have in mind! Brainstorm, discuss and ask away :)

Back
Top Bottom