Pursuit of Insanity

Currently reading:
Pursuit of Insanity

Z3R0

Project:Z-3-R-0
Local time
Today 4:34 AM
I'm focusing on a fantasy based role play where the main character is a red Tiefling named Sal Drav'ir'va. Someone who has the connection to an Eldritch Deity who gives her the knowledge she seeks with the cost of her own mind breaking. She needs someone to ground her to reality sometimes and remind her that the things she sees and hears are not real, or even the reason to cut the ties with the beast.

I wrote a little backstory piece to show the beginnings of her madness and to kind of show who she is.

~

"Zoth-Ommog the beast with four separate appendages from below the depths, told to hold secrets of old in its mind. Only giving it to those whom he deams are worthy, or those stupid enough to accept his gifts. It wrecks and distorts the hosts mind when inside, giving them the information while feeding on their sanity. It speaks to its prey in their dreams appealing to their ego and enticing them to let it even deeper into their mind." Sal Drav'ir'va spoke to herself aloud as she read from the texts. Her rough red skin shimmered in the dim light of the oil lamp. Her blue hues glossing over the narrative below, she gently bit her lip as she felt the entity in her mind. This creature with its promises and ideas, seeping into her mind from nowhere. Thoughts of power, conquest and knowledge so much knowledge. All of which seemed like an endless river of thoughts. She clenched her fist generating the green aura inside it before letting it out against a wall across from her. Splintering the wood as an explosion echoed out from it.

She sat in both wonder and fear, wonder from the new abilities she harnessed and fear of the possible god that gave it to her. She ran her hand across her ruby colored horns that jutted from her head and let out a sigh unsure if she should attempt to sever the connection with the creature or pursue her desires further. Gambling on the knowledge that this may lead her down to madness.

She contemplated, was it all worth it. The power of gods in her hand with the consequences only held in the future. Her father always spoke to live in the present, yet he was an avid gambler and a drunk, what did he know of life? With a slight growl she stood up and trotted off to bed. Hoping to meet her benefactor that night, she needed to remember its shape its face something everytime after the dream she failed to recall. Her mind tried to wrap around this as she pulled up the sleeve on her soft amber clothing. Robes she had obtained when joining the College of Dal'va a tiefling run organization that favored in the mystical arts and studies of the old. Somewhere she hoped to learn about this entity inside her brain.

She wandered to a sodden door that looked on the verge of collapsing from the slightest touch. Pressing her hand on the knob and turning it to walk out into the open sky where a gust of wind pushed aside her hood and brushed against her brown locks of hair. Her breath showing in the cold winter sky as she pressed her leather shoes against the frigid earth below. A soft crunch emitting from each step she took, drifting into the night air to only disappear in the immense void that is the stars above. She looked up to spot the two moons shining down upon her with their vibrant glory and the many flickering stars beyond.

She walked away from the old shed with a large book kept inside her robes as she strode towards the large stone building ahead. Keeping her head lowered to the ground as she watched for rocks to not trip.

Upon arriving at the college she was startled by the sound of a males voice behind her. "Out for a late night walk as well are we Sal?" Sal whipped around to see the face of a one eyed heavily bearded dark skinned human. "You are aware the dire wolves roam at this time of night no?" He spoke with a soft tone as he pressed his back against the pillar. The oil lamps illuminating the amber robes that matched her own.

"Ah Dalin you startled me there, I didn't see you hiding behind this pillar." She commented, "And for your information Dire wolves don't frighten me I'd incinerate them with a single blast."

"Confident are we? Hahaha good not many people share your… confidence these days. But I suppose you're not wrong well with that green fire blast of yours." He sarcastic tone.

"What? It's a preference, we are taught to be creative with our spells no? Plus it is leagues above yours. You can barely fry a piece of wood with those pathetic sparks."

"Balls of flame is not my specialty and you know it." He said sternly as a retort, before his eyes glanced over the book she was concealing inside her robes. "It's a little dark for night time readings no?" He said as he flicked his hand towards himself as the book flew in his direction.

"Hey! I was-" She was cut off.

"Eldritch of the deep? Why is a tiefling who specializes in green flame reading such… controversial text?" He said with a devious smirk.

"What I study is none of your concern give that back!" She said lunging for it casting an illusion of herself moving in an opposite direction to throw the man off. As he jumped back in surprise she snagged the book from his hands giving him an angry glare and marching into the stone building.

"Well have a nice night Sal I'm sure whatever your studying is important as always." He said after adjusting and composing to himself as he waved goodby behind her.

As she closed the large wooden doors of the hall behind her she let out a sigh. "Damned fool." She said in an angry tone of voice as she ran a hand through her hair before strutting down the hall.

Sal closed her eyes for a second as she walked through the dimly lit halls of the college. Only to open them to the black abyss of darkness. Startled by this she flipped around looking around for the windows to see the moons above to no avail. "What the fuck…" She whispered softly as she scanned her surroundings carefully. She was unsure of what was happening before spotting a small round object a few feet in front of her. Only to jump back as it blinked at her.

She let out a cry as more eyes appeared around her spontaneously popping up around her staring deep into her soul. "W-what is… happening?" She quietly spoke before feeling a small tinge in her head, pain. The pain slowly began to spread across her scalp as it grew in intensity. Gripping her head she collapsed to the ground as her cries grew louder with the growing feeling that her head was splitting in half.

Yet just as quickly as it came on, it left. The pain, the eyes, the darkness, it's all gone. The dim room seemed brighter than before quite bright indeed as she had to squint from the light emitting from the soft oil lamps. Her breathing was labored as she panted. Sweat dripped down her face as she scanned the room over and over again, looking for any sign of what she had just seen.

She dusted off her robes. "I've been studying all night… I'm tired that's it yeah…" She said with an uncertain tone. She continued her stride, reaching the stairwell to her room, walking up it and turning in for the night. Only to have dreams plagued with the thing. The being of many faces yet having none that belonged to it, it made no sense yet she understood it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom