Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:48 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Sanctum Dwellers!!

A short announcement for two small features.

First, we have added a "Conversation read" feature. Basically, the "Conversation participants" box now shows who in the conversation is up to date on your latest message. No more wondering if your message got through!

Second and more dramatic, we have added an official "bump" system to the request forums. Please review the details because the old method no longer works

Instead of posting "bump" or some other empty post to push a thread to the top, there are now buttons at the top and bottom of your request thread that will automatically push it to the top.

When pressed, these push your request thread to the top of the forum without making a post. No more "multiple pages saying 'bump' on old request threads". (The two-button issue is a bug we are seeking tech support for)

Using this feature starts a three day timer before it can be used again, in accordance with our bump policy.

Please note that as a result, new "bump" posts will have no effect. They will not move your request thread to the top anymore. Our hope is that this will make Request Thread management far easier.

Lastly: a basic (and optional) "Request Thread form" will be rolled out in the next few days. This can be easily skipped for members who have their own style but should help new and inexperienced members include more details and find partners more easily

There may be more to come, but for now, enjoy!!!

Oh hey, I noticed that. Didn't realize it was that new of a feature.

OH SHIT, A BUMP THREAD FEATURE?! THAT'S SO COOL!!!!

Last edited:
When I try and click the bump thread, it tells me I've bumped it already when I haven't in probably over a couple weeks now?

Oh, that should not be happening. One moment

Sorry about that, minor mistake with the permissions.

If anyone who is in the Sanctum Supporter usergroup sees this, can you please try a bump? It is the only one I have not tested

The thread-bumping system is a really great feature! Fantastic work. I was always very shy about using the bump button, so I never actually bumped my RT... Must have gotten pages and pages deep over the years. TnT

But with this system in place, I feel a lot more confident in it! Brilliant change!

Plus, the template for new RTs looks like it will be very helpful for people too. How to write a good request thread will always have a special place in my heart, but... This level of direct intervention will probably help a lot of people. ^^; So thanks for that effort as well!

I don't have the bumping feature :/

Are you looking in the request forums? That is the only place where the bumping feature is used for now.

Are you looking in the request forums? That is the only place where the bumping feature is used for now.
Ah makes sense now. I'm just dumb. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom