RenChan Approaching

Currently reading:
RenChan Approaching

RenChan

Fox Spirit
Local time
Today 12:53 PM
Hi there!

My name is Ren and I am a 22 year old writer/artist/graphic novelist. Most of my work focuses on mental health because I'm an activist, but I also love fantasy and romance! I love D&D, video games, books, music, and movies. My cats name is Mitsuru and he is my hero.

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Have you taken a lot of creative writing classes? I'd like your opinion on them, if you have.

I have. I'm at a University right now majoring in Creative Writing. Honestly, its going to depend on what class your going to, the people there, who's teaching it, but overall, I don't regret the experience. Workshops are ultimately about learning to see your own work the way others do, which helps with revision immensely.

Thank you for your efforts in the area of mental health.
I have friends and family who suffer with it and I'm so proud of how we have started to attack this issue as a society. There is good in the world. Thank you.
Let me know how I can help with any questions you have about the site.

Thank you for your efforts in the area of mental health.
I have friends and family who suffer with it and I'm so proud of how we have started to attack this issue as a society. There is good in the world. Thank you.
Let me know how I can help with any questions you have about the site.

I appreciate the thanks! It is a very important issue that desperately needs to be addressed. I'm glad that even in this small way, I'm making a difference.

I have. I'm at a University right now majoring in Creative Writing. Honestly, its going to depend on what class your going to, the people there, who's teaching it, but overall, I don't regret the experience. Workshops are ultimately about learning to see your own work the way others do, which helps with revision immensely.

Do the classes focus more on structure or technique, or do they treat creative writing more as an art form?

I wouldn't say they treat it as an artform. I think it would depend on communication. You would need to tell them the kind of feedback you want and they'd focus in on it. Generally. I haven't yet had a group that gives bad feedback or doesn't give any at all. Usually, it's good to be vocal about areas in your writing that your concerned with. But as I may have mentioned, different professors may run things differently. I dont know about other schools, but at mine we have independent study classes available. This allows you to work with a professor one on one doing a significantly more substantial project. I prefer it over regular workshops.

Does that answer your question?

Well, sort of. I'm considering taking some creative writing classes, and I want to work on specific areas. I wanted to see what you thought about your experiences, since I've heard different things from different people and read different things. I suppose I'll make some appointments with professors and ask them about the areas they focus on.

That's a good idea. There's also usually some general bad vibes from Professors when you write certain genres. Something to be aware of.

Back
Top Bottom