Challenge Submission Repairing the Body is Easier than Healing the Mind

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Repairing the Body is Easier than Healing the Mind

Tàiyálèi

Spectre of Eternity
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
inspirational-quotes-8-min-1024x770.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J Marine

Tsukasa Tsukino snorted as he grimaced. He was far more keenly aware of his body, especially after one of his physical therapy sessions in the hospital.
Admittedly, however, the second and borderline third degree burns covering most of his torso, right arm, and right leg to mid calf were extremely uncomfortable. He knew as they healed, they would leave very noticeable scars and potentially muscular and nerve damage.
d5g8ba4-43571368-5306-4b06-b5b0-e2ccbbe357fa.jpg

His eyebrows rose in mild surprise at seeing who was waiting in his room. Admittedly, he had heard of her... though the duo he recalled bringing him into the hospital were leaning against the wall.
40f484612017366b8d4f5a2bf71c0e4a.jpg

de19bfc6264fbf0989a8bc69eaf6166a.jpg

"Just your checkup, Tsukasa-san," Haruno Sakura said with a small smile. "We were able to recover this... pretty sure it flew out of one of the windows," Hinata murmured shyly as she held out a heavily blackened sheet of wood. His eyes widened slightly as he took the peice of wood before sliding his thumb over the wax and paper seal that was almost the same shade of the wood. "Unopened, good," he noted before he peeled the seal away, wincing as it took him a few tries. He was a bit surprised as Hinata helped him by massaging his bandaged hand, easing the trembling as he knew he was weakened from what had happened.

He'd found himself in this strange land after getting struck by lightning, though when he awoke it was in this very room.

"What is it?" Hinata said softly before he delved trembling fingers into the wooden case, pulling free the item within. "Something that reminds me to not allow arrogance or pride rule me," he murmured shyly. "Yet it also reminds me not to give up the fight... because what is life without challenges?"

b033c031518997eb2745f0e59364742a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom