Searching for Adventure

Currently reading:
Searching for Adventure

Urazog

Orc Mom
Local time
Today 7:28 AM
I'm on the lookout for a new role play partner or two. I do want to become friends with whoever I'm having a long-term investment with outside of role playing. I don't expect anyone to befriend me right off the bat, but do expect me to attempt some small talk here and there. But if you want to skip all formalities and just be strictly role play partners, I'm perfectly fine with that. Just know you probably won't get my absolute best out of me if I don't know you outside of how you role play.

Note that I won't role play any smut until I feel as though I'm at least acquainted with you. It just makes me uncomfortable to do anything sexual with a person I barely know, if at all.

I prefer my stories to be within the realm of fantasy. It doesn't need to be high fantasy all the time. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer mid to low fantasy stories. But I do enjoy dips into casual science fiction and supernatural related role plays. I like story-driven role plays, but I'm perfectly capable of doing some simple tavern-setting casual role play for dumb fun.

While I will join a group role play under certain circumstances, mostly for D&D, I prefer one-on-one role plays. It allows me to keep track of what's happening and adapt the story to my partner's play style much easier.

When it comes down to length of reply, I always feel as though you should write as long as you need to in order to get a point across. If you can give a reply that helps continue the story in a few sentences, don't push yourself to write three paragraphs. As such, I always role play at varying lengths, depending on any new detail or information I need to bring across.

I don't demand perfect grammar all the time, but constant poor grammar and spelling is a turn off for me. I have a hard time reading if someone writes as though punctuation killed their family or if they're constantly writing short handed.

I'm not going to be that guy that gets angry at you for taking longer than five minutes to reply. I'm perfectly capable of understanding that you have a life outside of me and whatever role play we're doing. I ask that you understand I, too, do things outside of this role play forum. I might suddenly leave in the middle of a session for hours, drop in to leave a reply and leave again for the rest of the day. I want you to respect that.

That all being said, I do have a full barely fleshed out ideas that I can refine for later posting. If you want a small preview:
1. An order of paladins go on mission based role plays to solve "problem of the week" undead infestations. In between missions, you'll be able to interact with other people in a casual setting. There will be an over arcing plot, so it will eventually come to a close. (Small group, semi story-driven)
2. During Darzonia's youth, two races dominated the planet: the orcs and the devils. They were at near-constant conflict with each other. They reach a breaking point when an unseen force is making orcs go mad, becoming a danger to those around them and dying suddenly. The devils are blamed for causing this epidemic, but they're just as confused about it as the orcs are. (One on one, story driven)
3. A dragon alchemist, driven to have the other races of Darzonia enslaved and submitted to the dragon race, created several chimera monsters and unleashed them onto the world. The era of titan-beasts is reborn and Darzonia must adapt or be killed by these beasts. Several organizations have been founded under the sole purpose of slaying these monsters and eventually putting an end to the dragon alchemist. (Open role play, semi-casual)

Huh...Very interesting. I'd like to talk more about your ideas in PM. I'm a huge D&D buff, and high fantasy buff in general. And yes, I'm always looking for new friends to role-play with. :D Message me!

Back
Top Bottom