MxF searching for some writing partners!

Currently reading:
MxF searching for some writing partners!

Brittanee

Knight
Local time
Tomorrow 1:14 AM
Pronouns
she/her
Greetings!

I'm relatively new to this website, yet nowhere near new to roleplaying. I want to keep the introductions short, but I suppose it's mandatory of me to give some information about myself so that the people (hopefully) viewing this thread can decide if they want to write with me or not.

ABOUT ME
My name is Brittanee.
I'm twenty-five-years old.
I'm from Australia, so my time-zone might be a little whack compared to yours.
I've been writing consistently since I was eleven-years-old, and would consider myself a literate writer. I write around seven-hundred words per character, per post on average. My numbers can stretch far beyond that number or fall very short of it, purely depending upon what I'm given in my partner's posts.
I also thought that I should pop some writing samples here, so I'll do that in the 'spoilers' section below this.
The manila envelope feels heavy in her hand. Understandably so, because the weight of her future was embedded inside. True Connections is a brand that Autumn Cooper has a love-hate relationship with: love, because she has a strong feeling that it might be the reason she's able to leave her current relationship; hate, because it's the reason one of the best relationships of her adolescence, ultimately, came to an end.

Being overexcited about the mail when she comes inside is going to, ultimately, result in Carter Beaumont going through the mail and seeing what she's done. It's funny, how parallel this feels to the first real relationship she ever had, the one she was in when she met Carter for the first time. As she ascends the staircase to her two-bedroom apartment, Autumn convinces herself that there's a fundamental difference between what her first boyfriend did to her, and what she might be about to do to Carter. If it's her boyfriend's picture inside, then she'll be able to convince herself that this is the life she deserves, the life that she made for herself all those years ago when she decided that cheating on her boyfriend was a good idea, just because he wasn't giving her the attention she so desperately craved as an insecure, grieving seventeen-year-old.

She's always hated how the front door lets out that weary groan whenever she opens it, because it means that Brandon is alerted to the fact that she's home. Since the two of them moved in to this place together, there's not been a single time that she's come home where he hasn't been waiting in the front entryway for her anyway. Today is no different. He stands there, looking like an Abercrombie model with his windswept hair and his casual outfit, a tight-lipped smile on his face and a looseness to his features that implies he's already had a couple of drinks. This will be the excuse come morning — if she makes it to morning, Autumn thinks —, that he'd had a few too many drinks, that he was sorry, that it's not something he would ever do to her on purpose, because he loved her, but she made it so hard to love her sometimes.

Carter surveys her with this steady, unwavering look that makes the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. His eyes are hooded, dark, intent as he watches her, looking akin to a predator stalking its prey. "You look… chipper," he drawls, making a mockery of her facial expression: the slight upturn of her lips that's a telltale sign of her hiding a smile, the very gentle crows-feet that she developed so young from years of laughter as a child.

She presses a kiss to his cheek as she sidles around him, tossing the pile of unopened mail on the counter. The manila envelope with the True Connections logo is shoved up the front of the t-shirt she'd worn to work, bulging awkwardly against her stomach in a way that would make it painfully obvious she was hiding something if she didn't have a sweater that was a few sizes too big thrown lazily over the top. "It was a good day at work," she says, trying to keep her tone nonchalant as she turns to face him.

"You had a good day loaning books to kids who jerk off in the manga section?" Carter queries, his head tilted to one side in that way it always does when he doesn't quite believe her.

Autumn shrugs, leaning back against the counter as he takes a few strides to approach her. "Uh, yeah," she shrugs, "I mean, they weren't jerki—."

The full sentence isn't out of her mouth before the first blow hits, so hard and intense that her head whips to the side. Autumn inhales sharply, refusing to make any more noise than that. Her begging seems to be part of the reason he enjoys this so much, and Carter will normally ease off after one or two firm hits if she doesn't make a lot of noise. Autumn feels her body tensing with anticipation of the next slap when she realises she's instinctively reached up to cover her face, leaving the manila envelope to thwomp! against the pristine, white tile of the kitchen (only so clean because he'd actually pressed into her with a kitchen knife a few days ago, and she'd had to bleach the floors to get the blood stain out before the real estate dropped by for an inspection).

Carter is swooping in like an eagle to pick up the envelope. It's upside-down, so he can't see the logo that's emblazoned across the front in that ridiculously heinous, standoffish turquoise that she and Brandon used to make fun of all those years ago. "Seems like you forgot about some of the mail," he says dryly, finally flipping over the envelope.

It takes him a good couple of seconds to realise what he's holding. Unfortunately, Autumn doesn't have the conscious mind to realise that this would have been a good time to escape. Her eyes search his, waiting for the moment of recognition that inevitably rolls across his features a mere moment later. His eyes lift to hers, darkened with this newfound, half-drunk rage that she's quite certain she's never seen before. "What's this?" he asks, even though they both know what it is. It's Autumn's ticket out of this relationship, if Carter isn't the person inside the envelope. He took the test when he was old enough to, and — as far as she knew — he was still waiting for a result to come in. It's not entirely implausible for her to think that it's his face inside the envelope, even though there's a very small voice in her subconscious mind practically begging that it's anyone, anyone except for him.

"It's…" Autumn tries, but she stumbles over the word so intensely that it sounds more like a garbled, choking nose. "It's not what it loo—."

For the second time throughout the conversation, Autumn is struck again in the same spot. She bites down so hard on her lip that she feels it split, warm droplets of blood dribbling down her chin as her head is cast to the side. "You were trying to hide this from me," Carter seethes. Autumn wants to argue, but she can't, because it's the truth. "Did you really think you would be able to sneak this past me? You're too stupid to get anything past me."

He shoves her back against the counter, her back cracking for the effort it takes not to fall over completely. Her eyes are wide, sharp, flooded with this unadulterated terror that's akin to the eyes of children after they experience a bad nightmare. She lifts her arms to cover her face, but Carter is grabbing at the ponytail at the back of her head. Her face collides with the side of the counter. Another bout of blood dribbles out of a spot just above her left eyebrow, pooling over her swollen face as her body slumps against the ground. She can hear Carter shouting at her to get up, get up, get up!, but she can't. Her body is tired, and she wants this to be over, even though she has a bad feeling that it never will be.

Ϟ

The inside of Bayview Hospital is far too fluorescent for her liking. The blanket they've draped over her thighs itches at the skin there, and the medical gauze that's strapped across the top of her eyebrow has pulled the skin so taut that she's getting a headache. All of it is a bit much for her to take in, especially when she realises that nobody is here with her — Carter hasn't even bothered to come with her to the hospital. Part of her wouldn't be surprised if he'd dumped her in the back of an Uber and instructed them to bring her here before slamming the door shut.

As always, the nurses are lovely. It's the same few who helped her out last time, shooting sympathetic glances at one another across the top of her head when they think she isn't looking and murmuring words of kindness to her. They promise that they're going to bring in the social worker before her boyfriend turns up to get her this time, and they disappear after attaching a drip to the cannula on the back of her hand. The silence is just as deafening as all that noise had been, though, so Autumn turns the television onto a low volume and turns her head to peer out the window as she waits for someone else to come back and prod at her.

Autumn doesn't move again until she hears the sound of the door to her room easing up, that same gentleness that the nurses use during night shift echoing through the room. Her eyes lift, exhaustion written all over her features as she comes face-to-face with… someone who's not a nurse, someone who she didn't expect to see standing in front of her ever again.

Brandon Lewis is all sharp angles and brooding facial expressions that would make any woman swoon. The years since she saw him last haven't softened his facial features all that much, nor the unruliness of his entirely perfect windswept hair. She's almost convinced that she's hallucinating him being there — she sometimes does this when things with Carter get particularly bad, him standing in the corner of the room and telling her that she deserves it — until he steps into the room, his facial expression showing how truly horrendous she must look.

"Oh, Autumn." The sound of her name in his mouth is something that she's not sure she ever got over, not sure she'll ever get over hearing. "What happened? Are you okay?"

There are a few brief moments where all her walls come crashing down again, and she just wants to break down into tears and divulge to him every little thing that's happened to her since she got together with Carter. Tears are swimming in the very corners of her eyes, and she blinks so fiercely to get rid of them that a few dribble down her cheeks. Even though he looks much the same as he did when they were teenagers, Autumn knows he's looking at her and realising how gaunt, how dull she must look.

"I…" she trails off, swallowing thickly. "I just fell over. It's no — it's not… like, a big deal."

If there's one thing she remembers from her relationship with Brandon, it's the fact that he could tell when she was lying within an instant. Her eyes still do that thing they used to, avoiding making eye contact with him at all costs. It takes her a few seconds to realise she's staring rather firmly at his crotch than at his face, and then her cheeks — one swollen from the way Carter hit her — burn crimson with embarrassment as she drags her eyes somewhere else, focusing on a poster that shows how to accurately administer an EpiPen instead.

It suddenly dawns on her that Autumn has no idea why Brandon is here. The skin between her eyebrows dimples in confusion as she lifts her eyes to his face, mouth downturned just a touch. "What are you doing here?" she asks. "Like, how did you know I was here?"
Georgina Burke wasn't sure that she had ever been quite so inebriated; at least, not during her time at university. Hogwarts had been a different tale altogether, though it wasn't something she particularly desired to unpack when she was trying to enjoy herself after a long day. Arguing with her professor about the importance of accepting all patients—regardless of magical background, blood 'purity' (which Georgina thought was a load of rubbish. How could someone's blood be more pure than anyone else's?), or whatever else the near-ancient man thought allowed them the right to turn someone away—was possibly one of the main reasons Georgina had done six shots before even leaving her bedroom. She usually loved a heated argument, so long as the opposing team had at least eight brain cells between them.

Now, Georgina was thrown in the midst of a party that had overtaken their dormitory building like an unstoppable virus. Although she was quite drunk—and still drinking out of a half-empty bottle of firewhiskey as we speak—, she couldn't help but wonder what the university administration were going to think of the fact that their building was so obscenely loud that they could probably be heard in Piccadilly Circus. Anyone who would decide to throw a party quite as huge as that would have had half a mind to cast a silencing charm over the building before kicking things off, right?

It seemed as though they'd charmed the phonograph—which Georgina was sure belonged to Remus Lupin, though she had no credible reason for this—, because the walls felt as though they were vibrating with each changing note of the song that was playing. Georgina couldn't hear Lily Evans, who stood right beside her; however, she was sure that the redhead was complaining about how Pureblood wizard and witches were stupid, and why should they use a phonograph when there were boom boxes now?

Even the thought of Lily's pretentious desire to prove herself as a Muggleborn witch made Georgina chuckle, though the amusement was fleeting as she glanced around the party. Sirius Black could be seen sliding into a group of fresher girls, nudging a bottle of Butterbeer between the fingers of Emmeline Vance, who laughed coyly and fluttered her eyelashes so intensely, Georgina was sure she would take off into flight without a broom. The sight near made her gag, though she managed to refrain through another mouthful of firewhiskey and a diversion of her gaze.

"Are you checking out Sirius again?"

Georgina snorted. "It would be your dream come true to have me paired up with your boyfriend's best-friend, wouldn't it?"

Lily rolled her eyes, though the dark flush across her cheeks gave her away. "No. I couldn't think of anything worse!"

The two of them dissolved into a fit of chuckles at the same time that a sharp gasp echoed through the hall. Georgina's gaze danced from Lily's, swirling around the space nearby until it fell on a girl who she hadn't seen before. It appeared as though Lily had, though, for the quiet curse that slid from her lips.

At the same time Georgina's lips parted to ask her what was wrong, Lily launched into a rushed explanation of how she knew Margot Valentine—something to do with a politics class that the two of them shared (because of course Lily was studying a double degree in a Muggle degree and a witches degree), and the fact that Margot was, in fact, not a magical being. Georgina could feel her eyes widening to double the size as her friend spoke, wondering silently what in the world they were going to do about that.

"I didn't invite her," Lily whispered, her voice dry with astonishment. "She must've overheard me talking to Molly."

"It's going to be alright," Georgina reassured her, pushing herself off the wall. "We just need to get her away from Black before he charms her directly into his bed."

Lily nudged Georgina playfully as the two of them weaved their way across the hall, stepping over people who were sitting in small, clustered circles and now fixated back on their own conversation. Georgina could see the stricken look on Margot Valentine's face, and she couldn't help but recall how absolutely overwhelming it was to realise that wizards, witches, and possibly everything in between were all real after being convinced they were fake for the first, most fundamental years of one's life. A smile quirked on her lips as she fondly recalled the day that she had found out she was going to attend Hogwarts, and nothing in her life had been the same since then. The smile quickly fell as she realised they were probably going to have to Obliviate her, because there was no way she could find out about this and keep it a secret.

"Margot!" Lily had plastered on her best fake smile, embracing her friend in a warm hug. "I can't believe you're here. Now that you've met Sirius, you just have to meet my boyfriend and his other friends."

Georgina watched, somewhat distressed, as her friend swept the Muggle off into the crowd. She knew that Lily's next stop would be Remus' dormitory. He was the one that the administration team trusted the most to handle situations like this, despite the fact that he was also a fresher. Georgina had always found that a little odd, but she had more important things to worry about now that Margot was out of sight. She had been left alone with Sirius Black, which was quite possibly one of the most horrific things that could have happened to her. She thought him to be pigheaded, obnoxious, and a total flirt. There wasn't a woman in the building who he hadn't slept with, students and staff alike. The man—if he could even be considered a man—needed to be put on a short leash.

"Couldn't woo that one?" Georgina quirked her brow, silently wondering why she'd even bothered speaking.

With that out of the way, I'm going to jump straight into some of my interests. I've listed Harry Potter pairings, tropes, and plot bunnies at the top, as this search thread is from a roleplaying website themed around Harry Potter.

HARRY POTTER

Marauders' Era:
Sirius & Original Character
Andromeda & Ted
Narcissa & Lucius

Trio's Era:
Hermione & Fred
Hermione & Draco
Draco & Original Character

Bunnies:
1. An Auror goes on an undercover mission to unveil the identities of a group of Death Eaters and have them sent to Azkaban, but fate has other plans for them.
2. Someone is engaged to one of the wizarding community's most renowned Quidditch players, but the star Seeker on the rival team takes a liking to them when they bump into one another at a big Quidditch event.
3. Two new, young professors are hired to work at Hogwarts. The catch is that they've both been hired for a probationary period to teach the same subject, and must prove themselves to be more efficient at their job than the other person in order to secure the position at the end of the trial period.
4. The Ministry and Muggle governments have banded together to develop a magical university for Hogwarts graduates. What happens when a Muggle stumbles upon a building that's supposed to be glamoured from their eyes in the first week of the semester?

REAL LIFE
Tropes:
Enemies to lovers
Childhood friends to lovers
Friends to enemies to lovers
Best friend's sibling
Sibling's best friend
Ex lovers reunited
Faking dating
Arranged marriage
Age gap
Soulmates alternate universe

Bunnies:
1. A person is put into witness protection after witnessing a violent crime, and is guarded in a small town by a grouchy vet agent.
2. Too busy with their career to meet anyone naturally, a wealthy person pays a stranger to be their fake partner for the holidays.
3. Two celebrities who are constantly compared to one another in the tabloids threaten ruining their reputations with one chance encounter that becomes very public. Their public relations teams agree that they have to pretend to be close friends in order to quell rumours surrounding the nature of their relationship.
4. A matchmaking service pairs two ex-lovers who ended things on bad terms. One of them is stuck in an abusive relationship, and the other is determined to get them out.
5. Two ex-lovers are reunited at a Friendsgiving and are both in relationships with other people, but it's clear their spark is far from snuffed out.

Despite this rather extensive list, I'm also more than open to hear any ideas that you may have. I would also like to note that I tend to write mostly via email these days; however, with this new website and its more relaxed rules (in comparison to the other websites I've written on), I would be willing to keep things on-site if my partner would prefer it that way.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!

Back
Top Bottom