All Seeking Writing Partners

man.of.mirrors

Wandering Poet
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:36 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
I am a writer in my 30's, and I have been writing since I was in 4th​ grade. I started with short stories, and then novels and novellas in Middle School through High School (never published because yikes). I have had a few minor publications: 3 poems published in a poetry journal and one scholarly publication back in 2009. Nothing that has made me famous, but still achievements that I'm proud of. I do have two poetry books in the works, and a few novels I am working on. I like to call roleplay my hobby writing. This is the writing I do just for fun and that's what I love most about it. Besides that, I get to collaborate on stories with other people. Another aspect that makes RP fun.

I usually save my original characters and ideas for my novels, so I tend to do more fandom-based writing with RP. I can come up with original characters and don't mind doing so. Any canon characters will be given a unique twist and be AU. If I write a celebrity, I will throw them into a fictional, fantasy, or supernatural setting to respect their real lives, and because writing real-life bores me. I often describe my writing as gritty realism meets surrealism, and infuse my writing with psychological, sociological, and spiritual elements. They can cover—in fictional ways—controversial social topics. My aim with my writing is to provoke deeper introspection and perhaps to ask what is real.

With that being said, I'm looking for writing partners interested in:

- Friendship
- MxF
- MxM
- Coworkers
- Enemies
- Frenemies

I am not against writing smut, but it would take time to build up a relationship between our characters to get there. I am not an instant smut writer, it has to be a reasonable aspect of their connection within the overall plot. I won't take LI's younger than 25 for my characters because most of them are 30-50 years old. I don't enjoy portraying younger people, just a personal preference. I don't have a preference for male or female romantic interests. As a pansexual, it's more about the chemistry between the characters. It's really hard to predict who my male characters will or won't be attracted to. That being said, even though I write as a pansexual, I'm happy to write with straight men or women without finding them a romantic interest. As in, friendships are cool too. Enemies are pretty awesome.

I'm good with dark and mature themes, but I don't necessarily mean kinks. More like childhood trauma, violence, gore, serial killers, organized crime, terrorism, gang violence, cannibalism, backstabbing and betrayal, murder scenes...things like that. Dark psychological, dark settings. My limits are that there will be no SA, my characters will not kill animals, and they won't kill or harm children. Also, none of my characters are cannibals, but such people can surface within the stories.

Story themes: Adventure, urban dystopia, fame, corruption, psychological, true crime, supernatural, fantasy, mutants/meta-humans, apocalyptic, cowboy, biker, heroes vs. villains, preternatural, drama, suspense, detective, violence, gore, scandals, mystery, white collar crime/mafia, historical.

Fandoms: DC, Marvel, Supernatural, The Walking Dead

Time Periods: Late 1800s/Victorian, Turn of the Century/1900, 1930s, 1940s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, modern, futuristic.

Settings: Urban, on the road, rural, mountains, coastal.

Writing length: Novella, Multi-para, para. Quality over quantity, but at times I get inspired and run with it. No one needs to match my replies.

If you are interested in collaborating on a story, feel free to pick a theme (or combine a few), pick a time period, and we can begin discussing. If you want it within a fandom, let me know. I also don't mind crossover and combining different fandoms. I don't mind writing with original characters. If you want a random starter, respond by requesting one. Sometimes I work better without discussions or prior plans. I'm a very old-school writer who began roleplaying in the early 2000s, and we never per-discussed stories or anything. I understand for some people it's a necessity because everyone's brain works differently. I can't always bring immediate ideas to the discussion table. But if I'm given a prompt, I can usually kick my creative mind in gear. I have ADHD/ADD, it may have something to do with that.

I work a lot and have a lot of responsibilities at home, plus working on getting back to school for a second bachelor's degree. Expect that I may not be on here every day or up to writing every day, but I will aim to write every week. And naturally, will give the courtesy of communication to my writing partners if things get too hectic or I need to take a break. Communication is always appreciated in return. Happy Writing!​

This was a prompt that admin Baxter Peters posted earlier. I'm listing it as a request because it sounds like fun:

- Naughty Writing Prompt: A pair of bitter rivals find a new way to compete and address the fierce chemistry they share.

prompt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom