Endless_Abyss

Abyssal
Local time
Today 9:22 PM
Pronouns
she/her
THE SETUP

output_2997602149_1.jpg
(I hate using AI art, especially as an artist, but I don't have time to doodle out my character right now. This isn't how she necessarily looks exactly; I just like adding photos to my rp requests, haha.)
"Well, fuck."
Rey's in some serious shit, and she knows it.
She's a shifter--able to become animals, humans, plants, or other supernatural creatures (with very reduced abilities). She lives in New York City, maybe Brooklyn, where she can have tamales off the street for a buck and change and pull a secretly-spiked coffee with flavor-enhancing magic for three. (It's a good alternative to the ten-dollar cold-brew at the new, gentrified street-corner coffee shop. named BRW. Who the hell started the trend of one-word, no-vowel store names, anyway?) She's a fowl-mouthed woman who's (justfiably) angry at the world and (justfiably) pissed at her dead-end job that severely underpays her. She has (semi-justifiable) reasons to be stuck at that job, and in her spot, but she can't leave.

At least, she thought that she couldn't.

Because she's sure as hell heaving now.

She's always been quick to tug up her hoodies, keep her head angled to the ground, to walk fast and not stop. She's not reported as a shifter, and wants to keep it that way, despite the city becoming more anxious, more uneasy. The police becoming more violent, even more trigger-happy. The cameras spying tighter, spinning faster. She wants to live quietly. But the white noise is buzzing louder and louder and it's growing, growing--

Into a scream.

While leaving a bodega for an unpaid, ten-minute lunch after a job assignment in an even shittier part of the city, all chain storefronts and vowelless expensive coffee shops, a cop/gang member stops her. Says she stole the chopped cheese in her hand. And Rey laughs nervously, smiles awkwardly, raises her hands, reaches in her pocket for her receipt--
And she hears the buzz of a machine. Of not just a gun, but something that dulls the inherent magic in all supernaturals.

Rey can't risk it. She runs. Bolts. She sheds her skin and clothes and trades it for feathers, wincing and teary-eyed from the pain and shoots to the sky as a hawk, faster than the bullets the cop/person/gang member tried to pepper her with.

She knows her face is on some camera. On that person's mind. Cemented somewhere, finally.

And that she's very, very screwed.

It feels like the snapshot of a camera--too bright, too sudden, too loud. Her head rings, throbs, hurts. Again, again, she repeats the same word: fuck.

___​
When she goes home, she hires a freelancer witch to renew the protective wards over her shitty, leaky apartment. She considers changing her phone again. She paces the studio sixteen times, and her nerves fray at her skin and make her legs two different lengths. She wobbles, but keeps walking, trying to stave a panic attack. Over a meal of arroz y frijoles, it rushes foward. The tears add salt to the beans and water them down. She swallows her panic between bites of beans, stares at the phone, wishing she had someone to talk to, and washes her sorrow with shitty reality tv.

The next day at work, she feels like she's being followed. Watched.

She's not wrong.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 2.08.32 AM.png
"In Charge" by Pheberoni

REY'S OTHER CHARACTER INFO:
  • Reynita's job depends a bit on your character's job. She might be a waitress, a freelancer, and/or someone working for some powerful supernaturals. I left that vague, and the 'inciting incident' here a little vague too to fill whatever your character is/does/etc.
  • She's a chaotic bi disaster. Any gender works for your character, though she does have a preference toward masc characters! (And as a note, Rey would be more submissive in some...stripped-back situations. Literally.)
    • Rey can also turn into somebody of any gender, just to keep in mind! She might be more genderfluid as the rp progresses/if the opportunity arises. If you'd prefer for her to stay strictly female, just let me know!
  • She's a five-foot-nothing, slightly chubby, curvy woman with bronze skin and black, curly hair that she shift-"dyes" a variety of colors at the tips. (She's a mix of Afro-Latina, indigenous, and Middle Eastern, and white.) She's got a resting bitch face and sarcasm to match. Full lips, long lashes, thick brows, a big smattering of freckles, acne scars, the occasional bump, a strong nose, and she has deep-set, tired hazel eyes. Spanish accent (Puerto Rican, and yes, she talks too fast in both languages she knows, English and Spanish). Cute in the girl-next-door way. No tattoos or piercings. It's unclear if this is her original body, or something that she changed and stuck with, or a body she stole, because she itches sometimes. She swears that her skin is moving, and sometimes she's uncomfortable, like it's not hers to wear or use or embody. She looks to be in her mid-twenties.
    • Style-wise, you get a lot of neutrals and black. Mostly thrifted. She usually wears a mal de ojo (evil eye) pendant.
  • Sometimes supernaturals have their powers in-check. Sometimes they don't. She has the latter issue. All strength/magic has a price, ("Though apparently it's not the case with some people," Rey would say under her annoyed breath), and her powers have major drawbacks. They drain her energy like hell, leave her sore and wheezy, and they sometimes linger and remain--the good and the bad stuff, and sometimes go wrong. And sometimes her powers are affected by others' thoughts and desires, which can be...awkward and unfortunate. She tries to not shift as much as possible to stop it. The more she shifts, the more it can and does happen.

Stat (DnD-esque)Score/Modifier
Strength9 (-1)
Dexterity15 (+2)
Constution12 (+1)
Intelligence17 (+3)
Wisdom13 (+1)
Charisma9 (-1)

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 1.18.56 AM.png

Warning: Video has many cuts and has flashing lights. Cut to 1:30ish for the chaos vibes at 100%)

ABOUT PLOT:
Action/adventure, dark urban fantasy, drama, romance, occasional comedy. A thrilling, chaotic adventure. A big ol' mess of most genres.

I'm a big fan of plots coming from characters themselves, so I'll really just offer a few options of potential characters yours can be! We'll talk and figure out plot, I assume.
  • Your character--who are they?
    • A member of some underground crime scene/gang/organization that needs someone who can shift in and out of situations...literally? (High-ranking, low-ranking, whatever)
    • A human hunter who works for the SPCA (Supernatural-Paranormal Control Agency)? The kid of famous SPCA heads who wants to overthrow it in some way...from the inside?
    • A cop who wants to know about the city's supernatural underbelly?
    • A fellow shifter who's trying to pay their way out of the SPCA by handing in fresh meat?
    • A thief that's in major trouble with a gang...and needs an unknown shifter on their side?
      • I do prefer for your character to be strong-willed, more assertive, and a strong force who's very skilled at what they do. A dominant personality (I mean that term non-sexually in this instance lol.) There's nothing I love more than when two brash characters butt heads. I strongly prefer for your character to have grit, and have something over my gal--some leverage. Some connection(s).
      • I also would prefer if our characters were in their mid-twenties at a minimum (if your character is older than that, a-okay!)

• The setting--what is it? I'm definitely seeing a city.
    • Definitely modern. Are we talking human world where supernaturals are secret, or (preferred) a heavily policed urban fantasy world where humans live alongside all different supes/supernaturals, but those supernaturals are monitored and kept from using their powers/magic? (Which then leads to a genral dark/seedy underbelly of magic, crime, and chaos?)
    • Maybe the world's in the near-future, with more tech advancements...which have gone into more policing. It's a surveilence state under pretty lights and sharp skyscrapers.
ABOUT ME:
  • Hello! I'm Endless_Abyss, but you can call me Aby or Abyssal. I don't mind whatever.
  • I've been rping for over 10 years and I'm a published writer and editor.
  • I am 25, and I will only roleplay with folks who are 21+. This is nonnegotiable.
  • I don't double, but I LOVE making side-characters who are fun and dynamic and add a lot to the world. I'm down to make any type of character to fill a need too.
  • I'm balancing two jobs and grad school (ugh), so my schedule is sporadic. I sometimes work morning shifts and sometimes night shifts. I'm super sorry about that but will give you a heads-up if I need to step away for a few days! Sometimes I respond quickly, and sometimes it might take a day or two. Sorry : ( (I do prefer a partner that can respond at least a few times a week, but I'm flexible on schedules.)

ON WRITING:
  • Third person past-tense preferred, but if you have a strong preference I can do 1st or present-tense or whatever.
  • I can promise quality writing, but I'm lazy-advanced lit. Rping is a break from my 'serious' writing, haha. I love magical realism, low fantasy, and low sci-fi the most <3
  • General word counts for me: 3+ paragraphs. Quality>quantity, and word counts largely depend on what my partners write. I don't care how much you write, so long as it's at least like 2 paragraphs and furthers the plot in some way. I used to be someone who wrote pages of text per response, but I've stripped it back. I'm flexible!
  • Tone-wise, I'm good with anything! If you prefer a lighthearted, comedic rp without too much darkness, that's okay. If you prefer dark with some comedy, sweet! Let me know what you're thinking or if you don't have a preference, we can watch it develop. I'm good with serious topics of any type though.​
  • I'm also ghost-friendly; life happens! I prefer knowing, but if not, no sweat lol.
ON DICE ROLLS (optional)
  • If you're familiar with DnD or any TTRPG, I love adding a random element to choices. Dice rolls are the answer.
    • So basically, certain actions will require a dice roll to see how well that action is acted, on the scale of 1 to 20, with the higher the number being more successful. A more difficult action would need a higher number to succeed, and we can make a simple stat table (like what I have) to apply to general rolls.
      • As far as combat goes, I'm thinking we just use the roll + strength or dex or whatever applies to keep it streamlined, no need to roll beforehand if it hits. Same goes for health points; I'd say to just keep a general note of how your character's health is going.
        • An example of this: Rey's trying to sneak out of work to take an important call. So I roll for her sneaking (which would be dexterity). I rolled 14+2 for her stats, so 16 total, which is good and passes (since this was an easy rolll.) I'd write that she sneaks pretty well, but isn't as fast as she could be. She goes unseen and so on. If I rolled a 6 or something, she'd be caught. If I rolled a 3 or lower, she'd hit a pan or make a loud noise or fall on her way out, too. A 1 would add a negative effect, and a 20 adds a positive effect. if that makes sense?
    • If this isn't your cup of tea, no worries--I just love randomness in roleplays, so this can make it change in unsuspecting ways.

ABOUT RPING SEXY STUFF:
  • I am very ace lmao, and I don't rp for the sexy aspects. I write for plot development, characters, and exploring fun worlds. With that being said, I do like (slowburn!) romance.
  • I'm not against sex scenes in rps, and I'm absolutely down for any moments of unfortunate nudity, innuendos, lewdness, etc. Much more story than sex. I hope you understand. I'm pretty limitless in terms of weirdness, so hit me with your weird stuff. (I have a list of kinks/limits below.)

Kinks/Limits:
bA2S5wg.png
  • Not Necessarily sex-based kinks and not listed:
    • [*]Enemies to Lovers
      [*]Forced clothing/outfit control
      [*]Forced shifting
      [*]Gender/orientation/race (human or fantasy)/mentality/self shifting in any/all ways (also--only being seen as sexy while human/oid!!! No funny business around this!)
      [*]Domestication
      [*]Body modifications, style changes
      [*]Characters fighting, verbally or physically, tension
      [*]Dubiously Consenting
      [*]Magic, curses, magical tattoos
      [*]Interesting worldbuilding, good writing, fun characters, interesting ideas(!!!)
      [*]
output_2268036114_1.jpg
GENERAL RP LIMITS:
  • If violence against kids or sexual violence happens, I'd prefer for it to be off-screen. I don't mind it happening, but I don't want to read it.​
  • No beastiality/incest/bathroom stuff/stuff with kids.​
  • That should be it. If there's anything I touch on that makes you uncomfy, please let me know! I'll do the same.​

[2/3 RP roles filled; open to one more!]

Sorry for the whole spiel, but thank you so much for reading through this! If interested, DM me or comment here with some character/plot ideas and anything else you think of so we can plan and rp (woot!). Thank you so much!​

Last edited:
If you're still looking for someone to join, I'd be very interested. Your world building, writing style, and character descriptions are all very on point. I'd need a bit of time to make my own character, but that'd only take about a day.

I'm also ace, so not having to RP the sexy times is okay with me. If you wanna toss me a message, feel free to.

Back
Top Bottom