Art Update Site Signature Update (and a new theme)

Currently reading:
Art Update Site Signature Update (and a new theme)

JamesMartin

Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
♔ Champion ♔
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Afternoon Sanctum Dwellers!!

Minor update, but one that might affect enough members to warrant an announcement.

After considering a few different solutions to an issue of excessively large signatures and the fact our policy was, to put it charitably, vaguely worded, we've rolled out what we think is the best solution.

As of now, the height on all site signatures is now capped at 250 pixels. The rest of a signature will remain, but it will not be displayed by the site except in the editor.

This height limit incorporates all parts of a signature, including images, text and BBCode elements. Spoilers that open down past the threshold will likewise be cut off.

Please bear in mind that there is a natural padding built into a signature, so anything exactly 250 px tall will be slightly cut off.

From our testing, 250 px amounts to around 15 lines of text (at size 15 font. Smaller fonts allows more lines) or 10 lines in a spoiler. Multiple spoilers will have diminishing returns.

Some helpful examples prepared by @Jumbled of the results of certain setups

It is also worth keeping in mind that width can affect signatures. A large image that might be beside text on a wide screen might be beneath it on a narrow one

And with that housekeeping out of the way:

I am pleased to announce a theme that @Nobilis has been harassing me to finish all month. Art Courtesy of @Jumbled.

Aether!!!

As always, please harass me with any theme bugs

Last (but far from least), I'd like to congratulate @Rose for the Hunter and @microhexa on promotion to Moderator and (belatedly), welcome @MioBrave to the staff as a Herald.

Please harass their walls with congratulations appropriately.

Back
Top Bottom