EllieInChainz

Damsel
♔ Champion ♔
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
A rain-soaked, castle-dotted, part of the UK
Pronouns
She/Her
"Okaayyy byyeee!!!" Oana smiled to herself as the Orkish man struggled out the door of the grocery shop, fishing his car keys from his pocket and grumbling as the automatic door took ages to open for him. She heard the rain bouncing off the pavement outside.

"Oohhh well that's just great." The Ork groused again.

"Take care Mister Oates!" She waved cheerfully and he half-waved back as he headed out, a string of mild profanity issuing forth from his mouth.

Looking up at the clock Oana could see it was nearly half past eleven, she had another five and a half hours to go, she hated the night shift. It was lonely, but gave her time to study for her Doctor's degree while it was quiet. Her medical books were stacked neatly out of sight behind the register. But first she had to get some re-stocking sorted. There was no one there currently and she could get a bit of work done.

She stepped down off the platform that her manager had installed for her and wandered into the backroom.

Being a gnome meant that the world could have issues for her, some of the Ogre and troll customers that came in were over eight foot tall, whereas Oana stood just over three foot herself. Most buildings presumed an average between the two, it sometimes made life difficult for her. A troll had tripped over her only last night, he'd been apologetic but she had a horrid bruise now on her leg.

Stepping into the back room Oana could see the roll-cage with her special step, it was full of goods ready to be stacked. She started to pull it and heard the little bell above the door beep. Another customer.

Great...

"Be with you in a minute." She called. Pulling the roll-cage behind her. It was heavy and she gritted her teeth then redoubled her efforts. It started to roll, but the badly stacked goods shifted and the whole thing rolled forwards. Oana fell through the curtains then squeaked as the contents shifted, there was a crash and she cried out in shock as everything fell on her.

---

It was raining. Pedro looked out of the windscreen as the water sluiced down it, the sign on the store flickered on and off, declaring "One-Stop 24H". He'd not long arrived in town and this was the only all night convenience store he had seen, it was in a rough neighbourhood. Ork Town, but he'd also seen Ogres, Trolls, even a Minotaur waiting at a bus stop. A powerful looking Ork had just left, scurrying over to a pick-up and swearing at the rain, Pedro had grinned to himself... He pulled his hoodie up and covered his head, carefully easing it over his short horns. His cloven hooves clattered on the asphalt of the carpark, there were no other cars here, but it was nearly midnight. He lowered his head against the rain and quickly scuttled onwards the shop. The door opened very slowly, almost reluctantly. An electronic door device announcing his entry.

Looking around the shop was grimy but very well stocked. The luminescent lights were bright and there seemed to be a little of everything. The cash register was currently unmanned, but he heard a soft, female voice call out.

"Be with you in a minute."

Pedro nodded, more to himself and lowered his hood then headed over to the small pharmaceutical section. HIs contact lenses were killing him, he was all out of cleaning fluid and it was getting desperate. He looked over the wares and found some "Optimex" he smiled picking up the small box.

CRASH!!!

He heard the squeal and ran towards the sound. A small plastic curtained doorway was pushed open with a roll-cage. Lay on the floor covered in goods was a small Gnome girl. She was cute was the first thing he noticed, she was also half buried and desperately trying to free herself, the roll cage had come forwards so her legs were stuck underneath. Pedro quickly eased it off her and started to lift off the goods then helped her to her feet.

"Hey are you okay?"

She got to her feet, she had jeans, sneakers and a vest top on with a branded "One-Stop" Pinafore over the top that was probably too big for her. Her hair was cut in a short bob and currently messy, her glasses had been knocked skewed by the incident. She took a moment with Pedro holding her arm. He took the foot stool off the cage and opened it, bidding her to sit down. He couldn't see any serious injuries.

"Are you hurt, do you need me to call anyone?" His face was full of concern, he was already fumbling his cell phone from his pocket.

---

It was so embarrassing! Oana had been stuck under the roll-cage, then suddenly this heroic guy came to her rescue. Oana didn't know of any Satyr's locally. But this one was handsome. He had an EMT's costume on, had someone called an ambulance already. His legs were bare and the hair colouration a soft fawn colour, he had a handsome face and shorter horns than usual. He was clutching some contact lens solution in one hand and getting his phone out with the other. Oana smiled at him.

"I'm okay thank you, although I may have been stuck there for some time had you not been here. Thank you so much." She smiled at him, she had a cute smile and it made her face light up.

"Hey, just glad I was here, seriously though are you hurt?"

"No, no, honestly I'm fine. Shocked more than anything, just getting my breath back while my heart stops trying to rip itself from my chest." She laughed, her laugh was light and lilting, Pedro thought her laugh was cute too. She looked down at the little packet. "I should ring that up for you."

"Uh, yeah sure." He'd forgotten about the lens solution in the mild panic, he passed it to her with a grin.

Oana climbed up onto the service platform and rang up his item.

"That's 2.95 please."

"Do I get a hero discount?" He joked as he passed her a $10 note."

"I'd give it you for free." She laughed and pointed up at a security camera. "But I'd be working elsewhere tomorrow."

They both laughed and he pocketed the small box as she gave him his change then turned to go. Pushing her hair self-consciously back into place and straightening her glasses.

"Okay well if you're okay?"

"I am, thank you." She smiled again, goodness he was cute... "Please come back soon." It was cringey and she wanted to die as she said it. He smiled looking back over his shoulder at her as he left...

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe I will..."

He knew he would...

Fin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom