Unspecified Sophie's One Stop Soap Shop!

Currently reading:
Unspecified Sophie's One Stop Soap Shop!

soapysophie

INACTIVE
Local time
Today 10:46 AM
I'm soapysophie!

tumblr_pfoa2qk43d1ve087jo6_400.gifv

Helloooo, there. You can call me soapysophie, Soapy or Sophie... Any of that works, heh. I'm new to this site but not new to writing! I've been writing since I was in middle school and I'm not perfect at it, but I'd like to say I'm okay at it! I'm someone who likes to peek at how a person writes to see if I'd like writing with them or not. Since I'm new... I'll dump a writing sample here since I have no previous writings for y'all to snoop at.
"Where have you been all damn night?" Scott asked darkly, a very slight but menacing pause between each of his words. He was lounging in his leather chair beside the fireplace, a cigarette hanging from his lips.

"I was... out with a friend." Katherine said tightly, hoping Hotch hadn't seen her car parked across the street. Just because it was on the street didn't mean she had been around, though. So either way she should be fine with whatever lie she cooks up to hide the fact she's been sleeping with the woman across the street. She treated her better, what was so wrong with that? Scott didn't even see Kat at all… not unless he wanted to prove his power over her.

"You weren't supposed to leave the house without letting me know. We had talkin' to do." Scott hissed and set his beer bottle down rather roughly on the small table beside his recliner. He was drunk. Per usual. Katherine slowly took a step away from his chair, finally noticing the barrel across his lap. Why did he have the shotgun out? Where did he even get that thing? Katherine suddenly wished there was more light in their living room other than the fire, which was casting frightening shadows across Scott's already frightening face.

"I feel horribly about not telling you where I was going." It would be easier to lie to him while he was drunk. "Where's Lizzie?" Kat asked and gently and swallowed, thinking of their daughter. Their nineteen year old was visiting from college. She should be in the guest room at this time of night.

"Why would I know?" Scott snapped. Katherine sighed gently, hating that she arrived home to a drunk. Sober Scott was much more easy to handle than Drunk Scott.

"Let's get you to bed..." Katherine muttered and walked over slowly to remove the shotgun from his lap. Scott's hand shot out and snatched Katherine's pale wrist with terrifying speed for a drunken man. He pushed her away and Katherine gasped lightly as she stumbled towards the fire, catching herself on the shelf above the fireplace before her sun dress could get too close to the flames.

"You haven't gone out without tellin' me where you were since I put that scar on your face. Is that what it takes, woman? Do I need to give you another one?" Scott spat, but the words didn't terrify Katherine to the core like they usually would. The gun in his lap did though. Katherine absentmindedly brushed her fingertips over the scar on her cheek, her pink lips forming a frown. She wished she was back across the street where a pinker pair of lips were on hers.

"You were much more obedient after I gave ya that thing." Scott grumbled and hauled himself to a standing position, his shotgun hanging beside his leg. Katherine flicked her gaze to it and gently pushed away from the fireplace. "Now you're nothin' but a cheatin' and lyin'… bitch."

Katherine's stomach dropped and her eyes grew wide, "H-how did you-"

"Don't you talk to her like that!" A fierce voice called across the living room. Katherine gasped and whirled to see their daughter, Lizzie, standing in the kitchen doorway. She looked like she just got home, her jacket still on her body and her shoes were still on.

"Lizzie, it's fine." Katherine warned sternly.

"No, it's not! You always say that but it's not okay for him to talk to you like that- and is that a gun?!" Lizzie scoffed. "You're a crazy man!" She spat in Scott's direction.

"Katherine, handle yer daughter before I do." Scott growled. His speech was slurring now and Katherine scurried over to Elizabeth. Scott never labeled Lizzie as their daughter. Always just Katherine's daughter.

"Lizzie… Let's go upstairs. We can talk about this later." Katherine whispered, her face pale as she gripped onto Lizzie's upper arms. "I don't want to make a scene, please. He's mad at me for being home late- it was my fault."

Elizabeth looked down at Katherine with a mixture of frustration and sympathy. The desperate look in Kat's eyes must've swayed her. "…You're a grown woman, mother. Start acting like one and don't let him dictate you." Elizabeth huffed and nudged past her mother to trude across the living room and up the stairs to her bedroom. Katherine withered slightly at those words and flicked a nervous glance to Scott before rushing upstairs after Elizabeth, feeling lucky they had avoided the use of the shotgun still dangling from his crooked fingers.
Okie, dokie... Now that that's out of the way... Maybe some things about me?

I'm planning on being pretty active! I'm on summer break right now, I do go to college and I do have a job. That leaves me open all afternoon usually to do nothing but write! I can definitely at least get one post out a day.

I'm open minded! I like to try new things. I like to be pushed a little, it makes me a better writer! Who doesn't love a good challenge? I'm fairly easy to get along with, I won't be mad if you disappear here and there- everyone has a life and I get that! Please give me that same patience.

I love OOC chatting! I like to get to know who I'm writing with, or at least get to be comfortable around them so I don't feel nervous or afraid to ask questions or speak up about the story! If my partner is hostile or unfriendly in OOC chat, I'll feel uncomfortable discussing our story. :,(

*I want to add a lot more to this!! Plot ideas and more! For now, I just want to get something started. :3

tumblr_p7p0ovynlx1xpsuiho1_540.gifv

Back
Top Bottom