MxF Soulmates w/ fantasy, war, and magic

Currently reading:
MxF Soulmates w/ fantasy, war, and magic

EverythingIsFine.

Sleeptyping
Local time
Today 7:43 AM
I've been brewing an idea with a classic soulmate mark plot element within a fantasy world. I haven't hammered out how exactly these marks work in this universe. Maybe they appear on their own whenever the person hears the name of their soulmate? Maybe they have to actively cast a spell or drink a potion to make the mark appear? It's open for discussion for sure.

So however it happens, MC and YC have matching marks. MC is a man of wealth and power (perhaps a prince, a noble, an aristocrat of some sort), while your character and her family have fallen on hard times. Maybe this is a recent fall from grace, maybe they've always struggled in poverty. What's more, MC and YC come from two different races/peoples that happen to be chilly to one another. Their nations cooperate with one another, but only to keep the peace.

Shortly before the marks are revealed, a third nation declares war on MC's people due to tension between their kinds.

MC is notified of their match and tentatively sends her an invitation to his estate. He does this mostly at the urging of his peers, who see this as an opportunity to make a big political spectacle out of their potential wedding and possibly gain YC's people's allegiance with them in this war. YC agrees to come, but only because she knows he's filthy rich and can help her family if she plays nice.

Neither of them are particularly keen on one another to start. The outside pressure to make this work certainly doesn't help. Now, this is where the story can branch off in different directions.

Direction 1: The two just barely play nice until they begin to warm up to one another. MC is called on to join the fighting, and even though he's happy to leave YC at his estate as a potential heir should he die, she insists on joining him.

Direction 2: Seeing the soulmates and their bid to unite their people as a threat, the third nation's king orders them to be captured and brought before the crown to ultimately be executed. The two escape before they are killed, but now must survive together long enough to make it back home across an active war zone.

Direction 3: Open for discussion?

What I'm looking for in a writing partner:
-Seeking someone to play the female role
-Multiple paragraphs per post with the exception of conversations, they can get tricky
-Decent grammar and attention to detail
-Third person, past tense
-21+, sorry kiddos
-Enjoys hashing out and plotting ideas as we go

My icks:
-Naive / childlike main characters
-Characters that are virgins/ignorant about sex
-Sub/dom type relationships
-Insta-romance
-Playing toxic male main characters

Please PM me if interested!

Back