MxF Strange Stars

The Stranger

Knight
Local time
Today 5:36 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
"I am Regnart Seht and my name is a reflection of my true self."

I'm seeking a writing partner to explore the stars with. I'll try to explain my ideal RP that I am looking for. Not every detail is set in stone. I am open to discussion and making concessions.

What I'm looking for is a long-term story that is mainly focused on a pair of main characters who go on action-packed adventures through space together. Naturally a beautiful romance blossoms between them along the way. When the mood is right and they've grown close enough, they begin to enjoy a passionate physical relationship wherein they can indulge in and explore both their love and their lust for one another. They also have a lot of fun and laughs along the way, too. This is important in everyone's life. Even fictional lives. However, when the situation changes and the mood shifts, they get serious. Even if it's them against the world or the even universe, they'll at least give 'em hell. They triumph over adversity. Significant adversity.

Yes, it's that kind of story.

My ideal main pairing is a pair that are both truly in love with each other and truly enjoy making love with each other as well. I would want my main character to be male and your main character to be female. They have a closed relationship. When the action starts, they stand side by side and work together to accomplish more than they could achieve alone. They cover each other's weaknesses, and they complement each other's strengths. A true partnership. Of course, there's some give and take, but it's fluid. When one person is languishing, the other helps them get back on their feet. They don't have to start this close, though. This is just the ideal relationship that I would like the main characters to grow toward. It'd be great if we could write some characters that naturally develop into a such a strong partnership.

Maybe they eventually get crew members for their ship. By the way, they have a starship. We can use the crew to explore side stories and touch upon specific special interests to spice things up as we need to. However, all of the stories exist within the same universe and affect the other crew characters. We don't really leave behind the main narrative for too long.

I mainly play male characters and only seek female characters for romantic and erotic narratives. You can play male characters in our story, but I wouldn't be able to give them any romance or erotic scenes. I could try to play female crew characters for female characters, but it is not my strength.

Here's a bit of a curve ball, but it's also the part where I would be most flexible. I would like to use some form of dice in our RP. If you're on board, I would actually like to use the full Ironsworn: Starforged system. It is an RP heavy tabletop system with fairly simple mechanics. One of its features is that it doesn't need a DM or referee and can even be played solo. There are some free resources you can grab offered on their main site so you can play without having to buy the system. If you agree to it, could guide you through character creation and play so you wouldn't need to buy the full ruleset. The only benefit of buying the full ruleset would be to streamline the character creation process. The free primer and other free PDFs give you enough to play. That being said, it's a really charming system that can prompt you to write in different directions that you might not have normally picked for yourself. I do recommend you pick it up. It's $20 dollars, but that's enough of that. I'm not really here to sell the game. On that note, here are a few alternative ideas for if you don't want to use Starforged at all.

The older Ironsworn system is basically the same system, but fantasy focused. We could use this system for a fantasy themed game, but honestly, I've pretty much had my fill of that setting.

Mini Six is an even simpler tabletop system that is available fully free. It's not as robust as Starforged but in theory that also means it's easier to learn and use in play.

As a last alternative, we could use our own simple set of rules involving dice and numbers (loosely based off of Ironsworn). Essentially, we would choose just a few things our characters would be good or bad at, assign a few small numbers to them, and then add or subtract those numbers to six-sided dice roll and compare the results against two ten-sided dice rolls. These two ten-sided dice are not added together. If the result of our six-sided dice can beat both ten-sided dice, it is a strong success. If the six-sided dice only beats one ten-sided dice, it is a weak success. If the six-sided dice has a result lower than both ten-sided dice, then it is a failure.

I am not really interested in a RP that doesn't involve dice at the moment. I really like the challenge the dice offer. They often will often give me the opportunity to think outside the box to write a fulfilling story that also aligns with the results of the roll. That challenge is important for maintaining my interest.

If you're still reading, then thank you for your interest. I hope that we can have a fun game together. Feel free to send a personal message or post right here in the topic.

I also use Discord for out of character chat and to help coordinate things for our games here.

Back
Top Bottom