Either Needed Take Up Your Sword, Knight

Currently reading:
Either Needed Take Up Your Sword, Knight

Keksefuzzy

Part-Time Yarn Spinner
Local time
Yesterday 10:17 PM
Two kingdoms, halves of a whole fractured generations ago by warring princes. Magic and wonder fill the northern kingdom, while technology and industry form the staples of the southern.

So long have the kingdoms been separated by mistrust that few outside the University scholars remember that the two were once one.

Until, however, the younger son of the northern kingdom stumbled across the writings of his ancestors. His quest? Reunite the kingdom. His enemy? Generations of fear turned to sharpened steel.

Will you join us to reunite our people? Those divided fall, and something darker may be lurking in the changing of the winds...

You sure are! I haven't started it yet since you're the first person to reply :) I'd ideally like 2 more players before we get things started.

Awesome! A party of three is a fine start. I'll write us up an intro this evening.

I would like to know more on the world and the concept if you do not mind.

Yes, let's go ahead and post basic bios here! And Keillen, you are welcome to join us as well.

As for information on the world and plot, absolutely. The basic run down is generations ago, the king had twin sons. Instead of choosing one of them as an heir, he split the kingdom down the middle using the nigh impassible mountain range as the original boundary.

Things went well for a few generations. The two kings named their new kingdoms Geron and Oron, and each taught their people about their interests. In Oron, they focused on the magical arts. They eventually came to the point where they found such things as machinery and technology inefficient and phased it out. Geron had the exact opposite trajectory: their king was mediochre at best as far as magic was concerned, but he had the mind of an engineer. Their technology has exploded and magic become little more than a myth. (Just for consistency in the roleplay sake, their technology skills are medieval level in Oron and industrial revolution level in Geron.)

Unfortunately, humanity is humanity and eventually the two kingdoms grew fearful of each other. They did not understand each other's way of life anymore and built a massive wall between them. Each side claimed the wall was to keep danger out, and the tales were so horrible that none of the next generation dared to even go near it.

At this point, each kingdom has so demonized the other that the people have forgotten that they were ever one kingdom. The plot begins here, where the younger prince of Geron, Samuel, comes across a forgotten tome written by the king who split the kingdom. He shares it with his friends, they all find it very interesting but aren't quite sure what to do with the information.

Until the ships arrive. A kingdom to the east has decided that they want a new continent and have arrived to take over. Both Geron and Oron have respectable, well-trained armies, but the problem is that these new soldiers have both magic and technology on their sides. Unless the twin kingdoms can learn to work together, they will be destroyed.

Last edited:
No gratuitous sex/violence/incest, and no godmodding is all I can think of right now. If people toe the line on other things later on I'll just talk to them about it privately :)

Back
Top Bottom