Challenge Submission The celebrity.

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission The celebrity.

Local time
Today 7:50 PM
It started once I left the hotel room, it was mid morning and one of the maids smiled at me in a polite yet embarrassed way. Was my fly undone? Brushing it off as the maid being nervous for whatever reason I continued downstairs to the restaurant for breakfast.

As I approached the restaurant another hotel staff member, also female blushed and smiled at me as I walked past. What was going on here? I was not the type of guy to get a lot of attention from women and now two times in one morning? I was starting to feel a little shaky, I was a nervous quiet type of bloke who shunned attention.

Walking into the restaurant there was a table of older women sitting together. They too looked at me and smiled. One of them, the better looking of the bunch waved at me. I was starting to notice something about the smiles all these women were giving me. They weren't flirty "come hither" smiles, they were empathetic type smiles, the type you give someone when you want to be supportive or you feel embarrassed for them.

Kind of, motherly.

I just wanted to run out of the room now but I was a prisoner of my own weaknesses. Running out would draw even more attention towards me and I didn't want or need that. I also was curious, my fly was up, I didn't feel like I split my pants or anything. What was the reason for all of the attention?

More women looked at me with that smile again, was it that simple? Was I the only man booked into an all female hotel or convention? Could it really be that simple? I went to line up at the buffet, I was behind a larger woman, mid 40's perhaps and wearing one of those colourful dresses women like that love to wear. She turned around a moment sensing someone was behind her and smiled at me.

"Oh, hello, you were amazing last night! Loved every second of it. You are so brave!" she says to me her black rimmed glasses being held around her neck by a chain.

I just smile back. Do I want to know? Last night? Last night!! Oh fuck, what happened last night? I had no recollection at all about what happened last night after I went into the theatre to see the live show. What happened last night?

"Thanks Ma'am" I say politely. I could ask, but I am scared to, did we do something last night? What if I ask and it is something I really should recall? What could happen? I am not in the mood to be the scorn of her anger or bruised ego because I don't recall what I did that was so amazing.

She turns back and advances in the line ready to start placing food on her plate. I start seeing some men around, ok, so it's not an all female hotel. But the men seem indifferent to me. Ok.. they don't think I am amazing that is a relief right there!

A couple of women line up behind me. "Mum. I think it is him, that man from last night" I hear in an American accent. I turn around slightly, she is blonde and looks 19 or 20 maybe, the woman beside is obviously her mother in her late 40's. "We loved you last night, we have never laughed so much in our lives. How did it feel to be up there like that, all of us women watching you?" the mother quite bluntly asks.

Up there? Laughter? What the fuck exactly happened last night? In front of women? What went on?

"I am happy you enjoyed it. I don't know how I did it myself" I answer, not exactly lying. "Will you be doing it again tonight?" the daughter asks, smiling.

"Ummmm... I don't know... once in a lifetime is maybe enough for some things" I answer her. How can I just ask without sounding like a complete dickhead?

"Oh I understand. I wish I had the courage to do that" the mother says to me. In the distance I see another small group of women, they have spotted me as well. One of them points and a friend makes a twitching motion with her pinky they all laugh. What is happening, or more precisely what happened last night?

I'm not brave! Why does everyone think I am so brave, why are they all women?

I think about how ridiculous I can be. I am too scared or nervous to run away and hide although I am very uncomfortable out here too! What is wrong with me?!

I load my tray up and find a quiet corner, but I felt eyes on me the whole time and could hear women muttering about me here and there. Was every woman in the hotel involved in whatever the hell had happened?

I put my head down and start to eat, almost prison style. Eating out of nervousness and just shoveling the food into my mouth as if it will calm me in some magical way. I am eating when I hear another voice, female again this time in front of my table. I look up, I didn't really hear her words, just the sound.

I see a black haired woman, mid 20's and slim, green eyes, her hair is shoulder length with a straight fringe. She has a soft Gothic look about her even though she is just wearing a black blouse and black jeans with boots.

"I'm sorry, I am having a very strange and bad morning. Do I know you?" I ask her, I am not trying to sound impolite but I am nearing the end of my rope with this.

"Oh" the woman says, "You don't remember me? That trick wasn't supposed to work... I mean, I just threw it in for fun" she says but it is almost like it is to herself, rather than me as she is virtually whispering.

"What trick? I have no idea what happened to me last night. I am freaking out here, women are calling me amazing and brave, looking at me. This kind of thing doesn't happen to me. Who are you, what happened to me last night?" I am close to either screaming hysterically and breaking down or just breaking down in tears now.

"I can see you are very upset. I understand that as you really don't have any recollection of last night" she says in a well spoken soft voice.

"What happened?" I say again, my patience almost out.

She pulls out a chair and sits down. "My name is Abigail, Abigail the Amazing if you go by my show name. I am a magician. We spoke yesterday afternoon in this very restaurant. You were trying to flirt with me, I think, anyway" she explained but again I had no memory of these events.

"Right. I have no memory of that but keep going" I say calming down a little now that I am getting some answers. Some women point from a few metres away, they are excited that I am with this woman again.

"So, I told you about my act and the special show I was putting on last night. It was for a hen's night party. A lot of these women were there, in fact it was an all female audience" she smiled as if that somehow would make me feel better.

"I liked you. You seemed nice and not arrogant at all. I asked if you would like to be my assistant as I needed a male and didn't have one. You agreed, even after I told you all the details" she added.

"Details? So what happened?" I asked her.

"Ok.. look once I called you up, I errrr... " she hesitated but then continued, "I started to make your clothes disappear" she said looking a little awkward herself right now.

"So I was up on stage in my jocks?" I asked.

"Well... all your clothes Michael. I made them all disappear" she told me.

"So I was naked, on stage? But my.... I'm not... errrrr" I wasn't sure how to say it, did it even matter, she knew anyway, the whole hotel knew! She seemed to know my name as well which I hadn't told her, or did I, yesterday?

"Well yes. You aren't... but it is cute and it made the show funnier. The women loved it and thought you oh so brave Michael. I think it worked better because you aren't well... equipped?" she suggested.

"So that was it? You just made me naked on stage?" I asked hoping that was it.

"Ummm... no that was a good intro but hardly all that exciting in itself. As in longevity.." she cringed knowing that anything with the word "long" in it was hardly the right one now.

"It was more than just that. I made you, well, I made parts of you bigger, smaller, made it disappear altogether. Just illusions you understand? We got you in a guillotine, put you in the box that we can move around with just your hands and feet and well... you know, sticking out" she added.

I just gasped at the thought, I wanted to speak but didn't know what to say.

"It is a magic show like most magic shows just with an adult theme Michael" she continued to explain. "And you have no recollection because at the end I put a spell, what I thought was a made up silly spell on you that you would not remember anything of what happened or even me" she explained.

"And so that is why I have been getting looked at weirdly all morning, the odd comments and questions?" I asked although I knew it all went without saying.

"Yes" she smiled and nodded trying to make light of it all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom