Both Needed The Crucible -- Interest Check [High-Tech Fantasy]

Currently reading:
Both Needed The Crucible -- Interest Check [High-Tech Fantasy]

Local time
Today 3:33 AM
The worlds of Ziark, Arskar, and Dantask are three planets orbiting their twin stars on the same track. The triplet worlds of the twin stars are connected by a dimensional bridge known as the Prism. The Prism allows for instant travel between the planets at certain places of power. That's how it used to be, at least. Long ago, the Archangels of each world — messengers of the Pantheon — gifted each world a shard of the Crucible. These shards allowed the worlds to advance quickly, and though the shards were identical in power, the worlds did not use them the same way.

Ziark advanced its technology by leaps and bounds. Hover-transports, personal combat drones, and advanced projectile firearms are just a few of the advances made by Ziarkans. Arskar, by contrast, developed magical prowess beyond the ken of Ziark's engineers. Anything from summoning ancient spirits to using music as physical projectiles is possible. Dantask, still different, found the energy of their shard imbued into every living thing on the planet. While this made the humanoids — warriors of all kinds — battlers without peer, it also affected the flora and fauna. Where Ziark was tamed to full, and Arskar reached an accord with their planet, Dantask was survival of the fittest at its most pure form.

Even so, the peace between the planets has been steady, if not without skirmish. Now, though, the enemy is returning. Tensions are running high between the worlds, and all-out war seems nigh-inevitable. The archangels now seek out champions for the Pantheon once again, to lead the triplet worlds against their dark twins...

Hello there! My main inspirations for this RP are various ARPGs, such as Lost Ark. I'm hoping to include a loot system to improve characters, as well as perhaps leveling. It all depends on what the players are comfortable with.

The PCs will be allowed from any walk of life -- peasant, prince, gladiator, etc. They will be brought to the center of the Prism, where they will be given their quest and granted abilities beyond most mortals (think Over-the-Top such as an arrow rain from a single arrow shot to the air, and you'll be on the right track).

If you're still interested, please post below! If you have any questions or comments, or just want to chat, feel free to add it as well!

Hey! I also find this to be a very interesting idea, and will likely have some follow-up questions of my own later. Definitely making a character from Dantask, if this takes off.

@MythyDragonwolf I looked through the link you sent. Using those as reference, could we mix some of them up? I was thinking of a mix of Warrior Class- Beserker & the Martial Arts Class- Scrapper.

@TravelingScribe

We don't have to limit ourselves by how the classes were outlined, but as references they are good. But could you elaborate? I'm curious
Essentially, MC would be able to wield a Great Sword with ease with their strength, swordsmanship aside, they would be able to harness the elements of air (for like air blade slashes), fire (adding a burning effect to their sword or stabbing it into the ground and sending an aoe of ire blazing toward the enemy or around themselves to clear their proximity. However, they would be most deadly unarmed. I'm thinking like DBZ fighters, in a sense of Hand-to-Hand...not so much the flying around part, but more so the tenacity and brutality and relentlessness...adding elemental effects to that, like shown in the link you sent, and you've got a formidable fighter with a sword, who becomes harder to deal with unarmed versus armed.

Simplified: It's a swordsman or weapon master who is also an unarmed martial artist. I feel like on their planet, they first learned how to use their bodies to survive, then they made necessary weapons to further combat their environment, and over time they learned to blend the two skills.

You know what. I'm a little interested in this. Maybe make a simple farmer unsure of what to do with this power given to him.

Back
Top Bottom