Both Needed The Emberlands (Request Thread)

Currently reading:
Both Needed The Emberlands (Request Thread)

violentgremlin

GremlinSage
Local time
Today 5:26 AM
Pronouns
Any
[ l e g e n d s . o f . m y r i o s ]
For thousands of years, elemental spirits, or demons as the mortals have come to call them, have roamed Myrios free and unhindered until the Age of Humans arrived. It started with a shipload of refugees from another land, seeking a life of peace from an unending war between kingdoms, famine and plagues. Here, the human's found mythical creatures they had only ever read about in books. Tall tales walking and floating about this land of summer and winter, living their lives as if they weren't but stories in children books to the newcomers.

Five centuries have passed since the first humans stepped foot on this once sacred land where wild magic once filled the air and land and all of its inhabitants. Turmoil has spread, causing the spirits to turn on one another as the influence of the humans grows. The two largest groups of spirits; the ice spirits and the fire spirits, wage a war over land as they are pushed away from their once peaceful existence. The earth spirits wander freely as nomads while the water spirits fight with the humans over their coastal lands.

All other mythical creatures have found ways to adapt and blend into the human settlements, either hiding themselves within or freely moving about while the mortals look on in fear or awe.

This roleplay takes place on a large continent where the mountains clash with evergreen forests with earth spirits on one side and a desert with fire spirits on the other. Human settlements have formed along the coasts and inland, forcing many of the ancient spirits to fight over land between each other and the humans. Use your imagination and interpret the land as you see fit. No one is forced to interact with one another, you're free to make your own adventure with NPCs and settlements as you see fit. As I'll be active with the thread, I'll keep track of settlements and the like that form up and list them here for others to see.

Outside the spirits fighting over lands with one another and with the humans, there is no major established plot. You are free to make your own adventure: head into war against other spirits or the humans, discover new artifacts in the ancient land of Myrios, blend in with the humans or be human yourself and run a town or tavern. You can be whatever it is you want to be, human or mythical creature.

Everyone is welcome to join in at any time, at any point. Any questions, please PM me (or I can make an OOC thread if there are enough). Should romance occur between characters, please keep smut in spoilers or take it to a private thread in the appropriate forums.

Back
Top Bottom