Currently reading:
The Sandman

WonTonYinn

Maker of Soup
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:43 AM
FADE IN:

A MOVING GRID OF STREETS AND LIGHTS. HORNS AND SIRENS HEARD ALL THROUGHPUT THE CITY . THE VIEW PANNING TO A WEAKLY LIGHTEN ALLEYWAY. -- CLEAR NIGHT.

Dark and restless, creatures of the night move throughout the alleyway. Rats rummaging through garbage cans as the homeless find a place to sleep. A group of unsavory personalities huddle at the luminescence of the only streetlight in the alley.

DISSOLVE TO:

STREETLIGHT -- BACK ALLEY -- NIGHT

The streetlight stood tall with a faded light that would flicker often, the group of criminals huddle around what little light they had discussing morning events.

JACOB, A young short-haired boy around 18 years old with a beanie covering his head and a jacket that seemed a little large for him with baggie jeans, loads a handgun.

JACOB​

"...So what I did after was point my gun at him and told him, If he didn't give me his wallet and car id shoot 'im, and he caved in like a fiddle."​

JULIUS, an old friend and partner stands a little taller then everyone else with darker skin and a blue jacket.

JULIUS​

"So what are we going to do now?"

CRIMINAL 1 (UN-NAMED)

"I got a plan, a big one. The big man won't know what happened, until its done."

CRIMINAL 2 (UN-NAMED)

"Were going to be rich BOYS!!"​

The light flickers. A noise is heard in the distance. JACOB turns around looking stiff.

JACOB

"What was that?"​

JULIUS and the others will act unworried as the light flickers once more.

CRIMINAL 2

"Ah, it's probably a rat or a bum. You don't need to be so stuck up."​

CRIMINAL 1

"Yeah! It's not like were being wa..."​

The light flickers and CRIMINAL 1 disappears. Dragging can be heard in the background with distant screams. The others look around in confusion.

JULIUS

"What just happened?!"
The light flickers again as now JULIUS is taken away with his distant screams being heard.

CRIMINAL 2

"What's going on?! Are you doing this?!"​

CRIMINAL 2 gets stressed and pulls a gun on JACOB pointing at his head.

CRIMINAL 2

"Why are you doing this man!"​

JACOB frantically shuffles raising his hands looking scares.

JACOB

"I don't know, I'm not doing this man!"​

CRIMINAL 2 gets more agitated and closer to JACOB. Shoving their gun into his face.

CRIMINAL 2

"Bullshit! You have to be doing something! I'm not afraid to shoot you man! What are you doing!"

JACOB

"I I I... Don't... kno..."
Mid conversation the light flickers again. CRIMINAL 2 has now disappeared and can be heard in the distance screaming. JACOB frantically looks around confused and terrified.

JACOB

"I, I have a gun!"
JACOB frantically points his gun forward and he moves around looking for who ever is doing this. Scene pans down to the side of the alley. A figure appears.

SANDMAN, a lengthy figure wearing 2 pieces of an old tan suit with a mangled face with cracks seemingly leaking sand. Sand will be pouring out of its sleeves as well with a trail of sand left behind it.

JACOB turns to see SANDMAN and unloads his clip on it while screaming. SANDMAN will show to be unaffected by the bullets. JACOB will stop shooting and look in terror.

JACOB

"What are you?!"​

With a deep, dried voice SANDMAN will speak.

SANDMAN

"You have sinned"​

JACOB will look shocked at the figure as it spoke.

JACOB

"What are you talking about?"​

The scene starts to cover in sand like a sandstorm that circles JACOB as he screams.

SANDMAN
"You will be punished for what you have done..."​

FADE OUT - SCENE TRANSITION:

Back
Top Bottom