MxF The Search Begins... (pairings & plots within)

Currently reading:
MxF The Search Begins... (pairings & plots within)

nevermore girl

memento mori
Local time
Today 12:13 AM
Hey there, I'm nevermore girl. You can call me Never, or Nat. I'm new to this site, but I've been roleplaying for around 10 years, and I'm itching to write.

The Important Stuff!

1. I value literacy, punctuation, grammar, capitalization...all that jazz. A typo here and there is completely understandable, as I make mistakes as well, but on the whole, I'd like proper writing. A writing sample is heavily encouraged.

2. We don't need to have small talk if you don't want to, but OOC communication is important to me, as I like to know what the game plan is. Besides, I love love love brainstorming and world-building, so you'd best come prepared!

3. As for length, I like to write a fair deal. I consider myself semi to advanced lit, and I will typically write in the ballpark of 400 words to 1400 words, though I might write a lot more if I get carried away. I tend to match length, but I don't require that you do the same, as long as you give me enough to work with.

4. I like romance, and I usually write as a female character. As I typically prefer m/f, you should be comfortable playing a male character. However, this only applies for main characters, and I like having major and minor side characters to make for a richer, more pudding-y plot. And who doesn't like pudding?

5. I don't write smut, because I am the awkwardest turtle to ever awkward. >u> I'm completely fine with themes that are dark and mature, and I have no problem with language, death, and violence (all to a tasteful degree, anyway), but when it comes to explicit sexual content, I'd prefer to have a fade-to-black scene, or just imply that things went down.

6. As for frequency, I have a fairly busy schedule that is probably only going to get busier. I am online every day, whether it's on my phone or laptop, so I'll be able to answer PMs quite easily, but posts will depend on that day's schedule and how long a post is. Replies might come as frequently as several a day, or as few as a couple times a week. Of course, I am also very accommodating when it comes to busy lives, and I'm a patient person most of the time. c;

7. Please contact me through PM, so that I can keep things nice and orderly!

The Fun Stuff!

*** Indicates interest levels at the moment.

Genres:

+ Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian *
Anything from the zombie apocalypse to seemingly perfect utopias. Gritty survival, or revolutions, breaking out of the system, etc.

+ Medieval Fantasy/Historical Fantasy ***
Almost anything goes here--I love history and fantasy, and this very well might be the one I've done the most.

+ Modern *
You wanna keep it real? Or maybe mix in some trippy supernatural stuff, or dark grungy themes? Whichever, it's all cool.

+ Historical ***
Much like Historical Fantasy, I enjoy this. I will totally research the hell out of the setting if I don't know about it, though.

Fandoms:

+ Game of Thrones/ASOIAF ***
It's got it all, the drama, the tragedy, the intrigue, the magic, and the dragons. How can I say no?

+ Hunger Games *
Welcome to the all-my-friends-are-dead club.

Random Pairings:

+Royal x Commoner/Servant ***
A classic. Could come of the royal sneaking out to the streets dressed up as a commoner, or them fleeing some sort of coup. On the other hand, there is the classic falling-in-love-with-the-stable boy/maid/etc.

+ Royal x Assassin *
Might double as a Target x Assassin pairing.

+ Step Sibling x Step Sibling **
Forbidden love!

+ Sibling x Sibling **
Super forbidden love! Might be more interesting in a historical/medieval context, or a Game of Thrones setting.

+ Changeling x Fae ***
Could either be set in medieval times for the classic tale or go about it in a gritty Modern Fantasy setting.

+ Mob daughter x Rival mobster *
A historical setting might be more fun. Plus, the mob princess might not be as innocent or naive as typically expected...

Random Themes:

+ Victorian Era **
+ The Fae/Fair Folk ***
+ Mental Institution/Asylums ***
+ Twisted Fairy Tales ***
+ Arranged Marriages ***
+ Forbidden Love ***
+ Dystopia *
+ Government Oppression *
+ Revolutions *
+ Dragons **
+ Court Intrigue **
+ Mythology **

Full Plots:

More than 15 years ago, the zombie outbreak began. A genius scientist locks herself away with her young daughter, hellbent on finding a cure--and finally, at the cost of her life, perfects it. She sends a message to the last stand of humanity, a ragtag organization that is the closest thing the world has to a functioning government. They send out a team of their soldiers to travel to the underground lab to retrieve their last hope, but it's an arduous journey, and one by one the soldiers sacrifice their lives to keep the mission going. Only one soldier reaches the lab, the youngest of them all. He's not greeted by the genius scientist, as they expected, but her only daughter, who has spent nearly her whole life underground, completely isolated from any humans other than her own distant mother. She knows little of the outside world aside from what she has read, due to her peculiar upbringing. Cure in hand, these two must somehow find their way back to HQ; if they die, then humanity's last hope dies with them.

A sea-side kingdom is set abuzz when their middle-aged king acquires himself a beautiful, mysterious new queen. Some speculate she is a foreign princess, while others think she is a commoner who caught the eye of the king. The truth is much more bizarre--she is a selkie, belonging to the depths of the sea. She is held captive without her seal-skin, and despite the riches and status that has become hers, she is a deeply unhappy prisoner in a gilded cage. The king treats her as little more than a pretty trophy, and no one at court can be trusted as a friend.

There are a few options for pairings here--perhaps the king has a son, who isn't exactly thrilled to have a step-mother who's definitely not older than him. Perhaps he is aware of her origins and her dilemma and is dissatisfied with the way his father treats her and the way he runs his kingdom. Perhaps the king has an illegitimate bastard who is recently invited to court, and understands what it's like to be an outcast and treated as an afterthought by the king. Or, maybe the guard that is assigned to watching over the queen starts to feel sympathetic towards her plight. Then...there is the option of the Great Selkie himself, who just had his lover stolen away by this king, and sets out to free his beloved, infiltrating the castle as a servant/stable boy/etc.

Well folks, that's all from me. Just keep in mind that I love brainstorming, and I am quite a flexible person. If you like some parts of an idea but have suggestions, let me know! Do you want to smash several themes and pairings together? Let's do it! c; I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom