Currently reading:
MxF The Smell of Magic

Elm

Agoraphobic
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 5:57 AM
Hi there,

I'm Elm, and I've been writing for over a decade. I'm just returning from a three month hiatus where my creative bug withered up and died. But I've been feeling more inspired recently and think I could revive it with the right person. Could it be you? Lets see...

I'll be quick summing myself up, but I've worked on my writing quite a bit to get it to a level of quality I really enjoy. I go for both quality and quantity and I'm hoping for a partner that has a similar writing style to myself. I write third person/past tense. 500 words is usually my minimum but depending on the scene it can vary quite a bit. I like solid writing but I'm not a stickler for perfect grammar and typos don't bother me. Gods know I make mistakes. As long as your writing isn't riddled with them and you've put good effort in, then I'm happy! I really just need a partner that pushes the story forward because I will definitely be pushing us in the direction we decide on together, I just don't want to be the only one moving the story along. I'm a big fan of fantasy, romance, adventure, and slow burns.

Expectations/Preferences for you and myself
-500 word minimum per post. My range is 500-1500+ depending on the scene.
-Third person/past tense
-Communication (For both plotting and just general communication about wait times between posts)
-Posts like once a week, more if possible of course, but this is a hobby and it should be fun. No pressure. Just let me know so I'm not constantly checking for updates.
-18+ themes like sex, drugs, violence, ect... I like detailed writing so things will get nitty gritty.
-A solid story that also includes smut where it fits. I don't have a preferred ratio but I'm big on sexual tension and slow burns that sometimes erupt suddenly. It should be organic if our characters have chemistry.

Onto the story

1726592313810.png

The world is ripe with magic. Some are able to reach out and grasp it... to wield it like a tool or a weapon. Others fear that power and seek to destroy it. But even the most righteous of people will stoop to levels they never imagined for the people they love.

The existence of Witches has long been exposed to the world. At first they were feared and hated. Witch hunters still prowled the streets and dragged women to the Pyre. But those are things they now teach in history classes. Now days witches live side by side with regular people. Magic is widely accepted and even admired by most. But below the surface there are still remnants of the witch hunting era. Families with old names tied to Hunting clans still exist. Most are old money, living in mansions and mingling with other like minded people. It's said illegal hunts and pyre burns still take place in these mansions, or on their massive properties. Rumours about keeping 'old traditions' alive are enough to make any modern witch shutter with disgust and fear.

Far from those troubling rumours though is a pretty progressive world moving forward with magic intertwined with regular life. Witches aren't super common so people are still amazed when they do meet one, but their existence is widely accepted. By most...

She is a witch and a first year college student. Escaping her over protective coven to attend a regular college was no small task but it was her dream. She is excited and optimistic about her future. But that positive attitude doesn't last long once she notices a particular man who always seems to be glaring at her. He's a descendant of a witch hunting clan, one that is rumoured to still conduct illegal hunts and has been seen protesting against Magical freedoms for witches. His family's stance is very clear, though his own personal beliefs are harder to decipher. Unfortunately for her, they seem to have a number of classes in common and with each day that passes she grows more frustrated by his never ending dirty looks. But when she finally confronts him... his explanation is unexpected to say the least.

A Witch and a Descendant of Witch hunters. They butt heads and argue but below the surface there is a tension caused by something more concerning than their dislike for one another. They become reluctant allies in the face of students disappearing from campus. Traces of dark magic are enough to loop them both into solving this mystery and forming a fragile alliance.

This is going to be an enemies to loves type of story. Meaning there will be a lot of character development between the two main characters. Enemies to lovers tropes are two people overcoming their prejudice about each other and seeing them as a person rather than seeing them as collection of all the assumptions they've made about each other. I think it would be really interesting to write these two characters and watch as they grow and learn together. Meanwhile under all the angst and hurt feelings there is an undeniable attraction between them that makes it even more challenging to hate each other. But they have a common enemy and a common goal that no one else seems concerned about. Finding the missing students and figuring out who is behind the disappearances.

If you're interested send me a message with some info about yourself and a writing sample! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom